XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tempered Armor Glass Screen Protector

Tip us?

TheWyzeMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Tempered Armor Glass Screen Protector

Tempered Armor just launched their Galaxy S3 tempered glass screen protector December 2nd. Saw a review video for their Note 3 protector and absolutely loved it (Link if curious: http://youtu.be/Qzhst5jrBtI). I picked it up the same day it released.

It came in two days ago and of course I install it immediately. At first, I thought great, the adhesive is doing it's thing. Then, once I took the blue plastic cover off, the disappointment set it. At a nearly uniform distance completely around the protector, the adhesive doesn't stick. I had used their packaged microfiber and their packaged isopropyl wipes for the install. Thought cool, maybe it will take a few days. And fast forward to today, it still looks the same.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I love how it feels; I've always hated those crappy plastic protectors.

I reached out to Tempered Armor via Twitter and got no help other than them claiming it was user error and/ or the alignment is off. I sent them a Dropbox link with pictures of the alignment and they came back with the protector won't work if it is "off a hair".

Here's our Twitter conversation: https://twitter.com/temperedarmor/st...01200866574336
Here's the Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i6wur2j57ql99c7/qyw6TAEb_y

So if you are thinking about ordering one, make sure you have a micron microscope to get it aligned correctly.

greenbay
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Meh,
I have had similar problems with SProtectors. I do believe that the glass on most S3's have a slight curve at the outer edge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

TheWyzeMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Whenever I press down on the outside edge, it feels like the glass protector doesn't even try to stick. I feel like the adhesive wasn't properly applied to the protector before shipping.

What really got me was when customer support mentioned if it was "off a hair" it wouldn't sit right. How are you going to sell a screen protector that has a fault tolerance in alignment of a width of a hair?

greenbay
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Typical lack of customer service or care. This why I try to support companies like, Anker, zero lemon, Amazon. They actually care about quality and their customers. As info,
We have 3 galaxy S3 in my home and all have a slight curve downward at the edges.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

jack man
Old
Thanks Meter 124
I love tempered glass screen protectors. But why spend that much money on that one. I got mine off Ebay and they look way better than the one posted in the OP. The one I have sticks all the way around.

here's an example of one... (not sure which seller I bought from. it's been a several weeks since I ordered.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-Real...item2c779dd20f
Jack Man

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 i747
Current Rom: Stock 4.3

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Current ROM: ShoStock3 Jelly Bean by Shoman94

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S i897
Current ROM: Stock GB (given to my Dad)
-----------------------
Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ (Stock; all of my flashing is done on my phones.)
The Following User Says Thank You to jack man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheWyzeMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
I knew of the owner of the company from my days as an iPhone modder. Thought he would be a bit more "in touch" with the community and more helpful than "nope, you broke it. lalalalala can't hear you".

schetz
Old
Thanks Meter 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack man View Post
I love tempered glass screen protectors. But why spend that much money on that one. I got mine off Ebay and they look way better than the one posted in the OP. The one I have sticks all the way around.

here's an example of one... (not sure which seller I bought from. it's been a several weeks since I ordered.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-Real...item2c779dd20f
Hi..
I would like to buy one, but 0.4 ones seems to thick as they seem to raise screen level above some cases lips..

Do you have slimmer one or is that one ok ?
ROM - NEATRom or AOSPNeat
Kernel - Boeffla latest
Recovery - PhilZ Touch 6.07.9

jack man
Old
(Last edited by jack man; 20th December 2013 at 03:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by schetz View Post
Hi..
I would like to buy one, but 0.4 ones seems to thick as they seem to raise screen level above some cases lips..

Do you have slimmer one or is that one ok ?
The one I have is .3, so just a bit thinner. on all of the cases I have used, it doesn't interfere with the case. I have used it with the Otterbox Commuter case and it looks fine. Right now, I'm using it with a rubber/plastic case that I found at Walgreen's of all places. There is usually a small gap between the edge of the screen protector and the case. I'll see if I can get a picture up

EDIT
Here's mine with a case and the glass screen on it (sorry pic quality is bad, taken with an Ipad, of course)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrwqcb22qfewptv/photo.jpg
Jack Man

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 i747
Current Rom: Stock 4.3

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Current ROM: ShoStock3 Jelly Bean by Shoman94

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S i897
Current ROM: Stock GB (given to my Dad)
-----------------------
Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ (Stock; all of my flashing is done on my phones.)

schetz
Old
Thanks Meter 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack man View Post
The one I have is .3, so just a bit thinner. on all of the cases I have used, it doesn't interfere with the case. I have used it with the Otterbox Commuter case and it looks fine. Right now, I'm using it with a rubber/plastic case that I found at Walgreen's of all places. There is usually a small gap between the edge of the screen protector and the case. I'll see if I can get a picture up

EDIT
Here's mine with a case and the glass screen on it (sorry pic quality is bad, taken with an Ipad, of course)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrwqcb22qfewptv/photo.jpg
Thanks for pic..i will definitely look for a glass thinner than 0.4..
ROM - NEATRom or AOSPNeat
Kernel - Boeffla latest
Recovery - PhilZ Touch 6.07.9

Maxxwell_Rhyno
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Whenever i put a screen protector on my s3 the touch screen glitches, key presses al over the screen like whenever i press the app drawer it opens my notification bar, whenever i type something it scrolls up,so does that have anything to do with the quality of the screen protector?

Tags
s iii screen protector, s3 screen protector, tempered armor, tempered glass screen protector