No registration required

UAG gear VS OtterBox Commutor

OP Dr.Luigi

12th February 2013, 09:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

121 posts
Hello,

With this topic i would like to ask out of these 2 populair cases wich one is best in your honest opinion?

In my opinion i think so far the UAG is alot more nice and maybe a bit less thick,
But maybe the Commutor is alot more Durable and better against drops? But also a bit uglyer than the UAG.

I am still struggling just due i think it has to be good against drops, Due thats whats a case is for obviously.
I hope you can help me out of this and probably other users aswell since i doubt i am the only one ^^

Best regards,
DrLuigi
12th February 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Or of course if you have another case wich isnt above 35-40 dollar please say so ^^
But i think these two are the best around for this price tag.
12th February 2013, 10:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag California, USA
Thanks Meter: 501

2,379 posts
More
I tried out the commuter at a bestbuy and while the case feels nice. the buttons are insanely hard to press. You have to really press it really hard and you don't get feedback so you don't know if you pressed it or not until the screen reacts.
Other members here have said that it eases up over time but not that much.

I personally have the ballistic sg and it seems to be the nicest for me. (not the maxx, just the sg)
12th February 2013, 11:06 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mputtr

I tried out the commuter at a bestbuy and while the case feels nice. the buttons are insanely hard to press. You have to really press it really hard and you don't get feedback so you don't know if you pressed it or not until the screen reacts.
Other members here have said that it eases up over time but not that much.

I personally have the ballistic sg and it seems to be the nicest for me. (not the maxx, just the sg)

Yeah,
Heard the same thing about buttons, But not becoming lose at all, is what i heard,
Also it just doesnt seem nice anyhow, But its very strong i have heard against drops.

Also i have to say that case seems nice,
But i do think Urban one does look nicer,
But idk about being good against drops or anything.
13th February 2013, 12:53 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Trident Case has a few rugged options and I heard they are coming out with a charging case too. They range from $35-$50 but they are having a sale, 25% off everything.
13th February 2013, 02:27 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 612

1,520 posts
More
Re: UAG gear VS OtterBox Commutor
I have the commuter. Highly recommend it for protection. It has saved my phone from so many drops.I think some people exaggerate on how hard the buttons are to press. Yes you have to press them a little harder but not much. I just ordered a Uag case since i heard so many great things about them. Either way I don't you can go wrong with either case.

Sent from Flip's S3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flipq88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 02:30 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflip88

I have the commuter. Highly recommend it for protection. It has saved my phone from so many drops.I think some people exaggerate on how hard the buttons are to press. Yes you have to press them a little harder but not much. I just ordered a Uag case since i heard so many great things about them. Either way I don't you can go wrong with either case.

Sent from Flip's S3

Any idea when it should arrive?

Just so you could tell us maybe how you think it is?
For example so you could tell us wich one you would prefer as first case?
Due the chance is pretty high i get both aswell (Well or something else ofc like a Power Charge case) , but the second will be for over like 3-4 months so ye :P

Thanks for the help everyone ^^
Last edited by Dr.Luigi; 13th February 2013 at 02:33 AM.
13th February 2013, 05:12 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cyberjaya
Thanks Meter: 52

265 posts
For Otterbox commuter and Ballistic SG case, please have a look to my thread as I had deeply compare both. For UAG, there is a thread with more 200k view about the case. It's base on your personal preference. If you want your phone to be protected well (with dust cover), then get a Otterbox Commuter(Dont worry about the button, it will getting better after few weeks of use). If you want a unique looking, protective and less bulky case, then get a UAG case. Currently, commuter is much more cheaper than the UAG. I owned 3 of these ultimate protective case, I guarantee that you wont regret if you get either one. But personally, I recommended UAG..^^
13th February 2013, 05:16 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoonjian8888

For Otterbox commuter and Ballistic SG case, please have a look to my thread as I had deeply compare both. For UAG, there is a thread with more 200k view about the case. It's base on your personal preference. If you want your phone to be protected well (with dust cover), then get a Otterbox Commuter(Dont worry about the button, it will getting better after few weeks of use). If you want a unique looking, protective and less bulky case, then get a UAG case. Currently, commuter is much more cheaper than the UAG. I owned 3 of these ultimate protective case, I guarantee that you wont regret if you get either one. But personally, I recommended UAG..^^

Hai,

Thanks for the explaination,
Did not know there were such topics already there sry ^^
But i also just wanted to know wich one would be better when talking about Quality/Drop/being pretty.

Anyhow ^^
If anyone knows also a pretty cool case please repley ^^
I probably think to buy UAG first, Afterwards perhaps a Otterbox for when i do other stuff that it would be more common it to fall etc etc.

Best regards,
DrLuigi.
13th February 2013, 06:19 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

121 posts
Btw how thick is that UAG case?
Since it seems on picture pretty reasonable thin,
But wanted to ask ye first ^^
Also is the back panel plastic smooth or grippy or?

Thanks ^^

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread