Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UAG gear VS OtterBox Commutor

Tip us?

atman8r
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Default Re: UAG gear VS OtterBox Commutor

I have the aviator UAG. Color isn't great, Gunna get the blue one instead sooner or later. As far as everything goes, great protection, solid feel, all around good quality. Little slippery on the back tho.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

flipq88
Old
Thanks Meter 605

So I just got my UAG case and I love it. It does feel a little slimmer than the commuter. I feel as if it is a bit less protection from the otterbox, but it feels so much better in the hands. I saw a drop test on youtube with this case and seems pretty good.

Sent from Flip's S3

Kanged
Old
Thanks Meter 2

I have both and I always find myself going back to my UAG. It fits better in my opinion and has a much thinner profile. The small raised areas on the back corners help it from sliding around when its on its backside on a flat surface. The otterbox on the other hand is slicker they the naked phone itself. The UAG also comes in and out of pocket easier. Lol my advice is extremely one sided, but its some food for thought.

Sent from inside the RootBox.

bluesmoke2012
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 10

I personally am a otterbox fan I currently have the following otterbox cases for the s3

-gun metal grey / white defender

-orange / black / realtree camo defender

-red / black defender

-white / gunmetal commuter

-purple / pink commuter

I switch these cases out like switchimg out my underwear
YES THE COMMUTER CASE at first is hard to press the buttoms but the more you use it the better and easier it becomes

I also love otterbox customer service always friendly and have no problem exchanging out your case for you or trying to work out something
The Following User Says Thank You to bluesmoke2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flipq88
Old
Thanks Meter 605

Ok so I think I got a defective UAG case. The power button on the case gets stuck when I push a little too hard which sends my phone in a bunch of bootloops. Contacted the seller and hopefully I get a replacement

Sent from Flip's S3
The Following User Says Thank You to flipq88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1slow4G
Old
Thanks Meter 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflip88 View Post
Ok so I think I got a defective UAG case. The power button on the case gets stuck when I push a little too hard which sends my phone in a bunch of bootloops. Contacted the seller and hopefully I get a replacement

Sent from Flip's S3
With the case off press the button outward from the inside, slip the phone in and press the power button again, thats to line up where it should be. Thats how i use to do mine then it worked great after

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :P
Black neXus 4 | DBrand White Carbon Fiber Skin | Ringke Fusion Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector
Titanium Galaxy SIII | Body Glove ShockSuit Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector
The Following User Says Thank You to 1slow4G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flipq88
Old
Thanks Meter 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow4G View Post
With the case off press the button outward from the inside, slip the phone in and press the power button again, thats to line up where it should be. Thats how i use to do mine then it worked great after

Thanks that actually seems to fix it. Also, I thought I had read that this case was really hard to take off. But I take mine off easily. It doesn't feel lose or anything.

Sent from Flip's S3

magedx9
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Great Chooses my friend has the OtterBox Commutor case its a great case havent seen the UAG gear case but my self i own the OtterBox Defender case because i got it free with my phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magedx9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1slow4G
Old
Thanks Meter 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflip88 View Post
Thanks that actually seems to fix it. Also, I thought I had read that this case was really hard to take off. But I take mine off easily. It doesn't feel lose or anything.

Sent from Flip's S3
Welcome. Yeah if it feels funny just keep messing with it till it lines up perfectly.

Black neXus 4 | DBrand White Carbon Fiber Skin | Ringke Fusion Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector
Titanium Galaxy SIII | Body Glove ShockSuit Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector

bobAbooE
Old
Thanks Meter 307

After reading reviews and seeing how my wife's iPhone otterbox has held up (she's on her third replacement), I bought an uag yesterday. They look very rugged, kinda like a toolbox.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app