Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UAG gear VS OtterBox Commutor

Tip us?

1SiK1500
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Only Otterbox Cases Touch my Phones. Ive had the White/Grey Commuter since release. Would Never go back. Great case, Great Protection. Company stands behind their products.
LG Nexus 5 16g
Ipad Air 32g LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to 1SiK1500 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lvoonjian8888
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Luigi View Post
Btw how thick is that UAG case?
Since it seems on picture pretty reasonable thin,
But wanted to ask ye first ^^
Also is the back panel plastic smooth or grippy or?

Thanks ^^
UAG case will be slimmer than Commuter. The back panel of UAG is a bit slippery but Commuter is Super slippery. I would recommend UAG is you want unique,protective and pretty case.
Samsung Galaxy S3 | ARHD 50.0 4.3 JellyBean |
Samsung Galaxy Note | TW AllianceRom Beta 1.1
Samsung Galaxy W | Bionic Cow 2 | Supercharged V6
Sony Xperia X10 | Wolf TW Gingerbread
Sony Xperia X8 | GingerDX v028b | Supercharged V6

Ballistic Shell (SG) vs Otterbox Commuter vs UAG vs Element Eclipse [Final Review]
Creative and Awesome Looking Case
Click "THANK" if you found that I had helped you

forstir9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: UAG gear VS OtterBox Commutor

My wife just got the S3 last week and I got her a commuter case because she thought the UAG case looked too manly. I have had my S3 for about 6 monthsand I just bought the UAG case for my phone.

Her case came in a few days before mine and I had to call Otterbox right away. After 4 different attempts I cannot get her volume + button to work. It has been a week and it still doesn't work...anyway Otterbox is sending a new one. Her phone is a White phone with a blue commuter case...it's really nice looking and the thing will take a beating(hopefully not) but she is a klutz some times. As mentioned it is very slippery and not as easy to take on and off like my UAG.

My case isn't as durable feeling like the commuter but that is fine by me because I think it will take the same beating if needed but I am not a klutz. The case is amazing looking compared to the boring design of the commuter(my opinion anyway). I love how the phone doesn't slide around when on a table thanks to the 4 tiny legs on the back...the phone doesn't slide around on the face either. The AUG is easy to take off and put back on...it's very secure once on. I love this case!!!

I play around with my wife and I keep showing her how my volume + button works...lol. Otterbox was wonderful though and I expect her replacement will work flawlessly.

aztr0
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Don't know what a UAG is, didn't come across it when I was shopping for a case. I do know what the OtterBox Commuter is. My father owns one for his iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4. And since I've seen the quality of it, I bought one for my GS3. I'm not even worried when I drop the phone. I use a cheap case for my iPhone 4S so the rare times that it meets the floor, I cringe. Just yesterday, I accidently knocked over my GS3 and it didn't bother me one bit. I knew how much abuse the OtterBox can take, it gave me that peace of mind. As for the looks. I think my phone looks fine, but obviously, you're the one that's going to be living with it, so my opinion on the aesthetics of it really don't matter to you.
iPhone 5
JB iOS 6.1.2
Samsung GSIII
Jellybean Task650
iPhone 4S
JB iOS 6.1.2
SEX1i
EnergyROM 'Cookie' Sept. 18 (21916)

1slow4G
Old
Thanks Meter 340

Uag all the way

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :P
Black neXus 4 | DBrand White Carbon Fiber Skin | Ringke Fusion Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector
Titanium Galaxy SIII | Body Glove ShockSuit Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector

Liptus
Old
Thanks Meter 60

UAG hands down. I have a blue one and my lady has the pink one. We both came from defenders and we both also had commuters.

Dr.Luigi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Seems like UAG is overal promising ^^

Maybe i buy a otterbox also, But then later on ^^

Thanks guys ^^

Tesla77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've used Otterboxes for quite some time now on all my phone and fount them decent. However I work construction and my phone cases keep getting knocked around and end up being dirty messes. I saw a UAG one a few months ago now and bought the Outland, orange & black so its highly visible. I must say I'm a convert. UAG just has a better feel and makes the phone feel more protected then my Otterbox cases, even the defender.

FiveOhFox
Old
Thanks Meter 364

DONATE TO ME

I have both. The otterbox barely leaves the drawer anymore..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Dr.Luigi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks guys ^^
I am guessing it will be the UAG first ^^
Then maybe a otterbox? perhaps? idk ^^
Maybe when i do stuff that it may get fallen easyer or something.

Again thanks ^^
Best regards,
DrLuigi.