Urban Armor Case (Update 1-8-2013)

OP Monk4Life

11th August 2012, 03:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag In the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 232

793 posts
More
Just thought I would share what just popped up on amazon.

http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/samsung

Update (1-8-2013) Just in case anyone owns a Note 2 they have some available for order. The design is different with customizable vents. Note 2 thread below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36358199

Update (9-16-2012) Here is a link to a great review by Mobile tech.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=43188

Update (8-23-2012): Sorry for the late review but looks like many people beat me to it. I have had the case for a little over a week and I am still very impressed with the quality, design and feel. I don't think there will be any other case on my GS3 besides this one. Its just too nice.

The case doesn't add a lot of thickness and just feels absolutely great in your hands. The side buttons are very easy to press and the volume button has very good grip due to the jagged design the volume button was given. Worked out great the other night while in bed and I grabbed my phone in pitch dark and was easily able to tell which side was up due to the volume button design. A couple of others cases I own I had trouble with this feat.

There was just 2 issues I ran in to at first. First was that my Skinomi screen protector did not last with this case. It started to peel up on the sides due to the cases perfect all around fit. I have not put the screen protector on yet that came with the case but if you happen to already have one on your phone you may have the same issue. The second thing was that the case felt kind of slick when I first received it but after a few days that went away.

I would post pics but there are so many in this thread already that I don't feel it is needed. Overall everyone should buy this case if they like the industrial look and want one of the best cases available for the GS3. Read through the entire thread and you will find some more great in depth reviews with pics.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Last edited by Monk4Life; 9th January 2013 at 05:55 AM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Monk4Life For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hubert, Nc
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
More
Dosnt look bad, looking forward to the review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
11th August 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #3  
Flag Colonial Heights,VA
Thanks Meter: 1,088

2,710 posts
More
Looks interesting. Can't tell from pictures of course. But doesn't look like the camera is protected to much more the front of the phone.

I look forward to reading the review.

Sent from Pluto.
11th August 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 18

45 posts
I was looking at these last week..i like the look of them but couldnt find alot of info on them so i went with the kramen case. But def cant wait for a review might pick it up if it ends up being good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
11th August 2012, 04:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag In the Matrix

793 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiankd2562

I was looking at these last week..i like the look of them but couldnt find alot of info on them so i went with the kramen case. But def cant wait for a review might pick it up if it ends up being good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

It was the best case I ever had when I owned a iPhone for a very short amount of time. So hopefully the GS3 version is the same.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
11th August 2012, 05:03 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 12

106 posts
Video review
Just the video review if anyone is interested

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to polesp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2012, 05:04 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

204 posts
I saw a review on YouTube and it looks like its only one peace that you slide you phone into. I'm worried that if i dropped it the phone would pop out of the case and smash

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
11th August 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cabot

471 posts
Donate to Me
More
They sent me one in every color will be posting full review with video but until then Here are some photos.
White

Black

Orange

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rodger-sp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #9  
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 1,235

2,499 posts
More
Nice! For those who are going to review this case, if you can please cover whether or not a full screen protector fits with the case. From the pictures it looks like it can't but it's hard to tell with these hybrid cases

Sent from my SPH-L710
11th August 2012, 05:52 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 8

182 posts
I've tried out a number of cases now that looked good but in the end I keep coming back to my otterbox defender with an invisishield Hd screen protector instead of the one it comes with. I like the look of the UAG case but I just doubt it could protect as well as my setup right now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread