Urban Armor Case (Update 1-8-2013)

Search This thread

Neuman.Tim

Oct 26, 2010
Santa Barbara
Love the case to death but if the phone lands flat on its back from waist high, the screen goes kaboom =( found that one out a couple days ago. Still though, I wouldn't choose another case =)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

lvoonjian8888

Aug 13, 2011
Love the case to death but if the phone lands flat on its back from waist high, the screen goes kaboom =( found that one out a couple days ago. Still though, I wouldn't choose another case =)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Is it ? I thought there is a small lip which able be protect the front screen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
Is it ? I thought there is a small lip which able be protect the front screen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

He said on its back, meaning the back of the phone. Dammit now im scared since the lip on the front has protected it pretty good. Haven't dropped it on its back yet though

Sent from Flip's S3

lvoonjian8888

Aug 13, 2011
No problem for dropping it from the back as yesterday I let my gf to have drop test. She drop it from waist height about 1 meter and the case land on the back. Result : The case protected it very well...^^

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
So I decided to email UAG about this issue and they are sending a new one..FREE of charge. I opted to choose another color. Now that is good customer service you got there.

Mine is loose also. Do they just require pictures of the phone and proof of purchase for warranty claims or do you have to send the case in.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Mine is loose also. Do they just require pictures of the phone and proof of purchase for warranty claims or do you have to send the case in.

So far i know if you provide a picture of the problem they give a replace,
If you cant make a picture you have to send it back.

Overal very friendly Support and fair,
Bad side is that it does take like 3 days till they answer your email,
But i guess that okay ^^

Last edited:

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
So far i know if you provide a picture of the problem they give a replace,
If you cant make a picture you have to send it back.

Overal very friendly Support and fair,
Bad side is that it does take like 3 days till they answer your email,
But i guess that okay ^^

Is it just a picture of the case or of the phone in the case?

htcbrazilian

Jun 15, 2012
If I bought this case from amazon and I need a replacement can I email them at there website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Liptus

Jul 22, 2012
My case wasn't really lose but I also put my cloth behind my phone in the case. Partly because it's a little tighter and also to always have one on me. My one question is, would doing this affect the way heat is ventilated through the device? Like would heat build up because of it? I don't think so but that recently crossed my mind.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Facepalm

No more then putting a snug case on your phone lol.

RevoWution

May 5, 2010
Melbourne, VIC
My case wasn't really lose but I also put my cloth behind my phone in the case. Partly because it's a little tighter and also to always have one on me. My one question is, would doing this affect the way heat is ventilated through the device? Like would heat build up because of it? I don't think so but that recently crossed my mind.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, "also to always have one on me". Does this mean you're always taking the case on and off just to get to the cleaning cloth?

If so, that's probably why your case is starting to get loose. Because you're constantly taking it on and off :)

chill145

Aug 21, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Asus Zenfone 9
By far my favorite case. Finally decided to get it after reading this thread and no regrets. For some reason I'm dropping my phone more often with this case but no damage to the phone what so ever.

If you're reading this and still on the fence, get it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009
By far my favorite case. Finally decided to get it after reading this thread and no regrets. For some reason I'm dropping my phone more often with this case but no damage to the phone what so ever.

If you're reading this and still on the fence, get it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yah...your probably dropping it more because it is too slick at the back...there's no friction barely at all...not to mention that the case increases the size of the S3....and when you try to reach the far corner of the screen with your thumb, you naturally tend to balance the S3 more loosely or open gripped (unless you have huge hands) and thus it is begging to slide off.

I have probably mentioned it too often, but having...ahhemmm...eGrips on the back of my UAG has taken away 99% of my dropping tendencies....and it feels so much better. I wish it was bonded right into the construction of the case.

1slow4G

Nov 19, 2012
South Tex
Yah...your probably dropping it more because it is too slick at the back...there's no friction barely at all...not to mention that the case increases the size of the S3....and when you try to reach the far corner of the screen with your thumb, you naturally tend to balance the S3 more loosely or open gripped (unless you have huge hands) and thus it is begging to slide off.

I have probably mentioned it too often, but having...ahhemmm...eGrips on the back of my UAG has taken away 99% of my dropping tendencies....and it feels so much better. I wish it was bonded right into the construction of the case.

Have you given uag the idea? Send them some pics, Maybe they might consider to make a second version lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4cbaf6fb-bc22-f727.jpg
    Just thought I would share what just popped up on amazon.

http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/samsung

Update (1-8-2013) Just in case anyone owns a Note 2 they have some available for order. The design is different with customizable vents. Note 2 thread below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36358199

Update (9-16-2012) Here is a link to a great review by Mobile tech.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=43188

Update (8-23-2012): Sorry for the late review but looks like many people beat me to it. I have had the case for a little over a week and I am still very impressed with the quality, design and feel. I don't think there will be any other case on my GS3 besides this one. Its just too nice.

The case doesn't add a lot of thickness and just feels absolutely great in your hands. The side buttons are very easy to press and the volume button has very good grip due to the jagged design the volume button was given. Worked out great the other night while in bed and I grabbed my phone in pitch dark and was easily able to tell which side was up due to the volume button design. A couple of others cases I own I had trouble with this feat.

There was just 2 issues I ran in to at first. First was that my Skinomi screen protector did not last with this case. It started to peel up on the sides due to the cases perfect all around fit. I have not put the screen protector on yet that came with the case but if you happen to already have one on your phone you may have the same issue. The second thing was that the case felt kind of slick when I first received it but after a few days that went away.

I would post pics but there are so many in this thread already that I don't feel it is needed. Overall everyone should buy this case if they like the industrial look and want one of the best cases available for the GS3. Read through the entire thread and you will find some more great in depth reviews with pics.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    REVIEW

So I got the all black version today and I am not regretting the purchase. In addition to the case, it comes with a screen protector and cleaning kit.

It is not that bulky of a case and the device is still comfortable to hold in the hands. I'm not going to do drop tests with the case but rest assured that if your device does happen to fall then it will do a very good job of protecting it. The power and volume buttons are covered but they still remain very responsive yet they won't be accidentally pressed while in your pocket (or purse, for the ladies ;) ). Every cutout aligns perfect. The quality of the case is amazing and it will surely last for a while. I don't have a full screen protector currently installed so I can't comment on the compatibility. The case does fit tight so removing it will take a bit more force but nothing that is unacceptable. That's all I can think of atm but feel free to ask any questions and I'll try my best to answer.

Edit: I applied a full screen protector (Realook 3D) and the case is compatible with it.

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00756-1.jpg

DSC00757-1.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

Here's a thickness comparison between a couple of my slimmer cases. I also have the Diztronic TPU and SGP Modello but it would be redundant to show these since they're similar in thickness to the two I'm about to show.

Ringke SlimLite
    DSC00773.jpg

SGP NeoHybrid
    001010010001.jpg
    Posted a full review of the white, black, and orange UAG case on my site. If you need a link PM me and I will send you one.

sent from my AOKP powered s3.
    A stormtrooper shat out an S3..

waplb8.jpg

4kiwc8.jpg

2sazggl.jpg

2m3lh7r.jpg

59znsm.jpg

1zbw6rl.jpg

33c7s0i.jpg

Next to the Ballistic SG Maxx
    2449o21.jpg
    They sent me one in every color will be posting full review with video but until then Here are some photos.
    White
    cf7743e7-ce6e-c741.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce79-1a0c.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce82-8672.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce8d-2081.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce97-a237.jpg

Black
    cf7743e7-ceaa-3052.jpg
    cf7743e7-ceb4-2ebe.jpg
    cf7743e7-cec0-2c67.jpg
    cf7743e7-cecb-025d.jpg
    cf7743e7-ced6-ed1d.jpg