Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom battery galaxy s3

Tip us?

retr0sp3kt
Old
(Last edited by retr0sp3kt; 12th March 2014 at 06:19 PM.) Reason: Pics
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Custom battery galaxy s3

After one of my zerolemon 7000mAh batteries went through the wash, and fried the electronics (cells still worked fine), I decided to combine them and make a 6 cell, 14000mAh battery. I then saw this project, and decided to beat the storage capacity too. I've wired up some 2A usb ports directly into the battery (these). They can be used for everything from charging another phone or tablet to powering a usb hub or hard drive (the end goal).

Here's the battery, with the phone
in the picture to show size.

It can power hubs...

Charge my mom's phone (15 times over)...

And technically even charge itself.

PS:This is my first post, sorry if I'm breaking any posting standards.

Abby Oddie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
In my opinion, the Samsung Galaxy S3 suffers the same battery issues of all other Android smartphones which usually lasts less than a day of performance. Owners can extend its battery life even longer than expected by simply tweaking and using essential tricks on Galaxy S3.Aside from mobile data, watch out for other wireless radios such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC which consumes power and you must turn them off whenever not in use. Whenever there is an available and decent Internet connection via Wi-Fi, use it instead of mobile data to preserve power on your phone. Whenever you are not using any Internet connection or high tasking services, activate the Power Saver from the notifications shade to manage battery life better.