Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hyperion extended batteries now have NFC (and 4200mah)

Tip us?

mb27
Old
(Last edited by mb27; 9th August 2012 at 11:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Thumbs up Hyperion extended batteries now have NFC (and 4200mah)

Just thought I'd throw this out there. They now have NFC and claim an extra 200mah.
I ordered mine from Amazon.com and even though the description still doesn't list NFC or 4200mah, I got a pleasant surprise today.

I checked on ebay to see if it was a fluke and indeed they are all 4200mah and with NFC now.

If anyone is wondering, I'm only a few hours into charging it (they say charge for 12hrs the first time) and I don't have any NFC tags so I can't provide any test results at this time.

Brief summary for those new to the thread: I am able to get double the battery life of the stock battery. While this might be expected since it is 4200mah vs 2100mah, not all batteries live up to their claims. This one does.
The NFC on my first battery did not work well. It was there and did function, but was almost useless. My replacement battery, however, is amazing. It picks up NFC tags quicker than I imagined.
I'm very happy with my purchase. I can use the phone all day without having to worry about plugging in.
Verizon Wireless | Samsung Galaxy S4
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mb27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stc1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
They also have a TPU case for the extended battery here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

mb27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by stc1 View Post
They also have a TPU case for the extended battery here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product
Yeah I saw those but I haven't decided if I want to get one yet.

BTW I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but the phone weighs 175g (6.2oz) with the extended battery & door. With the factory battery & door it weighs 133g (4.7oz). Both figures are without a case.
Verizon Wireless | Samsung Galaxy S4

jev3gs
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I ordered mine from Amazon 3 days ago, I hope I get the new version too. That would be nice to have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

dvaderx
Old
Thanks Meter 83
any other extended battery cases that you guys know of beside those in the above link?

stc1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaderx View Post
any other extended battery cases that you guys know of beside those in the above link?
Not yet but I'm hoping Seidio comes out with one for their soon to be released extended battery, (actually Seidio does have a "surface case" coming out but they typically only protect the side and back kind of like a glorified battery cover) Maybe they will produce an "Active" or "Convert" extended case which is for heavy duty protection. I'll post more when I get more info.

rodger-sp
Old
Thanks Meter 190
I got the Hyperion battery off amazon and it does show 4200mAh. I tested the nfc and it does work.
Here is my battery states will post more photos after full test.

from my AOKP galaxy s3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodger-sp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tjpallares
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Can we get screen on times as well? Very interested in the battery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

rodger-sp
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpallares View Post
Can we get screen on times as well? Very interested in the battery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Here are some photos will post more after battery is dead.

from my AOKP galaxy s3
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rodger-sp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisbass
Old
(Last edited by chrisbass; 30th July 2012 at 12:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 97
Thanks for the find and reviews. So how does the phone feel with the added bulk? Just ordered today off amazon as well as the black honeycomb tpu extended case. Hoping that it comes 4200 w/ NFC as it only stated 4000. I'll post back with another review. I figure the more reviews the more we can get a general feel for consistency of quality.