Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GT-I9305] Australian Samsung Galaxy SIII 4G Root Guide - NOT for other variants

OP mick.wheelz

19th January 2013, 07:43 AM   |  #171  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
i have root my S3 4g but still cannot opening the OS or application and just wondering if i have successfully rooted it, i have followed your instruction excepted at the step8 of rooting i didnt tick the "F.reset Time" box so jsut wondering if does it have any affect. Thanks
20th February 2013, 12:48 PM   |  #172  

16 posts
I think my phone is bricked: what happened is that I have updated the latest firmware through the device (all forgot about that before rooting) and I rooted the device and now it restarts and got stuck to the Samsung. Could anyone get me just out of this trouble, thanks a lottttttttt
22nd February 2013, 05:15 PM   |  #173  
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 327

1,502 posts
Re: [GT-I9305] Australian Samsung Galaxy SIII 4G Root Guide - NOT for other variants
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp

I think my phone is bricked: what happened is that I have updated the latest firmware through the device (all forgot about that before rooting) and I rooted the device and now it restarts and got stuck to the Samsung. Could anyone get me just out of this trouble, thanks a lottttttttt

Your phone is not brick. Off your phone, Press vol up, power and menu keys at the same time till samsung screen came out the second time, unpresed the power key with menu and vol up key pressed till the recovery screen came out. Done a factory reset. Restarted the phone. Generally this will solved your problem.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2
6th April 2013, 12:52 PM   |  #174  

2 posts
Hi Mick

Have followed you guide for rooting the Samsung GT9305 G4 Optus phone. Odin seems to do its thing and then reboot the phone but the phone just stops at the stage where it displays a flashing SAMSUNG logo. I have tried this a couple of times with the same results. Any ideas as to what might be going wrong.

See attachment for Odin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1862228  
6th April 2013, 04:25 PM   |  #175  
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 327

1,502 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thylocene

Hi Mick

Have followed you guide for rooting the Samsung GT9305 G4 Optus phone. Odin seems to do its thing and then reboot the phone but the phone just stops at the stage where it displays a flashing SAMSUNG logo. I have tried this a couple of times with the same results. Any ideas as to what might be going wrong.

See attachment for Odin

Read up first few posts on this thread. I recommend to used cf auto root method. Hope your problems can be solved.

Send via i9100 using XDA premium,
ROM: Stock XWLSN
Kernel: Phil XWLSN V4.92.8
superSU 1.25, exFat 64GB
The Following User Says Thank You to timberwolf60 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2013, 07:22 AM   |  #176  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf60

Read up first few posts on this thread. I recommend to used cf auto root method. Hope your problems can be solved.

Send via i9100 using XDA premium,
ROM: Stock XWLSN
Kernel: Phil XWLSN V4.92.8
superSU 1.25, exFat 64GB

Solved it by doing a factory reset. Phone was still rooted but like a knob I allowed the phone to do updates with the net result that the phone is back to an unrooted state.
7th April 2013, 10:30 AM   |  #177  
Flag South Australia
Thanks Meter: 575

1,869 posts
More
Hey guys I know this may not be the right place to ask but nevertheless this is the oz part of the forum. I have a optus i9305 and would appreciate if someone could tell me what is the latest optus modem for these currently this phone has XXBLL5

CHEERS.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium
Last edited by occtec; 7th April 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread