[MOD] Ported "Note 2 Camera" 22.10. 30Mbit/192kbit/Hardkey-Vol.UP/SLOW/FAST MOTION

Search This thread

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
[MOD] Ported "Note 2 Camera" 22.10. 30Mbit/192kbit/Hardkey-Vol.UP/SLOW/FAST MOTION

Hi Guys I have decided to port this mod from a great dev in the I9300 forum called HyperX (Thank you)

This is VERSION 1.52 for DEODEXED ROMS

Extra options compared to the stock Sg3 Cam

also

Dont worry if you dont see the pause button when recording, I was told note 2 took out the soft button, So to pause Press Vol down, Resume Vol UP.
Good thing about this is it uses hard keys for different things Eg; the volume up key also acts like the optional camera clicker. Like a real camera :) There are more visit the original thread for more details

Here is the details in the original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1691145

Again thanks HyperX

Instructions very simple:

Simply copy the zip to your phone
Reboot into recovery
choose the zip file & flash
Reboot & DONE

Attachments

• Camera_Note2_HX-MOD_1.52_CWM(I9305).zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 1,634
Last edited:

r_i_x

Jan 5, 2012
whats the difference from his to yours? does HyperX version does not work on I9305 and yours does?

:)

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Its not mine its his i just made it flashable simply changing partition location

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: r_i_x

stevejau

Jan 9, 2011
Adelaide
Hey guys, thanks for the app, but for me the camera now forces closes, am on stock odexed rom just rooted.Does anyone have the stock camera.apk
cheers

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
You need to be deodexed, just go the the thread and download the deodexed xxali5 rom and it has all tha apks in system/app & framework

stevejau

Jan 9, 2011
Adelaide
You need to be deodexed, just go the the thread and download the deodexed xxali5 rom and it has all tha apks in system/app & framework

Thanks, but i really like my stock rom as it has great battery life and supports Telstra HD voice, which is awesome. I just need the stock camera.apk back (i dont really want to do a restore as i have too much progress on one of my games) lol.

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks, but i really like my stock rom as it has great battery life and supports Telstra HD voice, which is awesome. I just need the stock camera.apk back (i dont really want to do a restore as i have too much progress on one of my games) lol.

No imeant to download it so you can extract the camera apk from it and use it. Its also good to have that bckup incase you have another problem like this, all the stock apks are in that

Reactions: stevejau

txr33

Jan 17, 2011
QLD
If you are on a stock odexed rom then you will need to delete the .odex file for what is being replaced in both system/app and framework.
So looking in the zip you will need to delete samsungcamera.odex from system/app and seccamera.odex from system/framework.

If you don't want to remove those two files then you will need the samsungcamera.apk and seccamera.jar from a stock odexed rom not a deodexed rom because that is not going to make any difference because when the rom is deodexed it combines the .apk or .jar together with the .odex where as an odexed system has the .odex and .apk or .jar seperate.

Reactions: stevejau

stevejau

Jan 9, 2011
Adelaide
If you are on a stock odexed rom then you will need to delete the .odex file for what is being replaced in both system/app and framework.
So looking in the zip you will need to delete samsungcamera.odex from system/app and seccamera.odex from system/framework.

If you don't want to remove those two files then you will need the samsungcamera.apk and seccamera.jar from a stock odexed rom not a deodexed rom because that is not going to make any difference because when the rom is deodexed it combines the .apk or .jar together with the .odex where as an odexed system has the .odex and .apk or .jar seperate.

Thanks for info, much appreciated.

Cheers

discophil

Aug 17, 2008
hi :)

Just to check, is there no way to install this hacked camera on an odexed rom? I tried what i thought i needed to do to install it on odexed rom, delete the apk and odex files and put on the new apk but when i rebooted my phone it was stuck at the samsung screen. Had to put all the old files back from recovery with adb.

Any help apprechiated :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi Guys I have decided to port this mod from a great dev in the I9300 forum called HyperX (Thank you)

This is VERSION 1.52 for DEODEXED ROMS

Extra options compared to the stock Sg3 Cam

also

Dont worry if you dont see the pause button when recording, I was told note 2 took out the soft button, So to pause Press Vol down, Resume Vol UP.
    Good thing about this is it uses hard keys for different things Eg; the volume up key also acts like the optional camera clicker. Like a real camera :) There are more visit the original thread for more details

Here is the details in the original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1691145

Again thanks HyperX

Instructions very simple:

Simply copy the zip to your phone
    Reboot into recovery
    choose the zip file & flash
    Reboot & DONE
    Worked on i9305 4.4.4 odexed rom :)
    Its not mine its his i just made it flashable simply changing partition location

No imeant to download it so you can extract the camera apk from it and use it. Its also good to have that bckup incase you have another problem like this, all the stock apks are in that