Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Tip us?

avinashadvani
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPD View Post
There is no issue, modify the m3 file and it will be as loud as you want!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

System/etc/sound/m3 i suggest changing the 57 value to 60. And make sure the file is back in ro (read only) mode after or no sound will come from your device.

Root explorer pro will even create a backup after changing any values.

I tried this but after that i couldnt play any music on my phone,, kept getting error music playback error, couldnt play the track and also DSP force closes
S4 i9505: Danvdh's ROM 4.4.4Google Play Edition 07-17-2014 with Googy Kernel

farnsbarns
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinashadvani View Post
I tried this but after that i couldnt play any music on my phone,, kept getting error music playback error, couldnt play the track and also DSP force closes
You didn't change the file back to rw- r-- r-- after you edited it.

Please keep non development stuff if the FAQ thread. This is a development only thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to farnsbarns For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cham06
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: [ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinashadvani View Post
Got the same issue, from one of the first CM10.1 build. So already reported numerous times, but no explanation to date (and I am the one advising to set the file permissions back to the original ones , but this does not solve anything in my case and apparently yours).
So we have to report it again in the other thread..

Sent from my GT-i9305 with CM10.1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cham06 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glowworm62
Old
(Last edited by glowworm62; 2nd April 2013 at 12:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 53
This doesn't seem to allow installation on the GT-I9305T variant

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "m3" || getprop("eo.build.product") == "m3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "m3xx" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "m3xx" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "i9305" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "i9305" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9305" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-I9305"
E: Error on /sdcard/cm-10.1.-20130403-NIGHTLY-i9305.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

The T at the end is a fairly easy to ignore as it only related to modem/radio variants and installed crapware.

mcampbellsmith
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,079
Default Re: [ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by occtec View Post
Is there any chance that sometime soon we are finally going to see a fix for the loud speaker issue, the volume is not acceptable, it is very low this really needs to be addressed. Surely it is not that hard, this is not an issue in any stock ROM. I plead with the devs to have this issue resolved in the next nightly.

Thanks for all your efforts & a fantastic ROM!

It's been looked at. Patience.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mcampbellsmith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

singlecell83
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowworm62 View Post

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "m3" || getprop("eo.build.product") == "m3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "m3xx" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "m3xx" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "i9305" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "i9305" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9305" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-I9305"
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

The T at the end is a fairly easy to ignore as it only related to modem/radio variants and installed crapware.
Installed this ROM many times on my 9305T. No issues for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to singlecell83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcampbellsmith
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowworm62 View Post

(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Are you using the correct recovery? Read the first post
The Following User Says Thank You to mcampbellsmith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avinashadvani
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnsbarns View Post
You didn't change the file back to rw- r-- r-- after you edited it.

Please keep non development stuff if the FAQ thread. This is a development only thread.
the original message said to make the permissions back to read only, i didnt check what were the permissions on M3 before editing it, however i have set it to r r r and rebooted and music plays no more errors, the volume was higher but speaker was sounding torn so i tried 58 59 and settled on changing the values of 57 to 58 and its ok now. However still not as loud and clear as the stock rom.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cham06 View Post
Got the same issue, from one of the first CM10.1 build. So already reported numerous times, but no explanation to date (and I am the one advising to set the file permissions back to the original ones , but this does not solve anything in my case and apparently yours).
So we have to report it again in the other thread..

Sent from my GT-i9305 with CM10.1
thanks, I dont know what the original settings were, i set it back to r r r and it seems to work, if anyone knows the original permissions for the m3 file please let me know, else i will put the latest nightly over it again, though everything seems to be working fine for me for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to avinashadvani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

c_felge
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default AW: [ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Hi,

Original permission for the m3 file is rw-r-r. I edited it with root explorer which just kept the permission and it worked for me without any problem.

Rgds
Felge
The Following User Says Thank You to c_felge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avinashadvani
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_felge View Post
Hi,

Original permission for the m3 file is rw-r-r. I edited it with root explorer which just kept the permission and it worked for me without any problem.

Rgds
Felge
Thanks! did you change the value to anything you found suitable for the speaker sound?