[ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Search This thread

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
AW: [ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds

Alright promise last question now as I intend to fully dive in to this... what distribution of linux do you use or is that irrelevant? Im not new to Java or C++ but I would be new to Linux so it matters haha

try download.bbqlinux.org.
google recommends ubuntu.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: elitewarrior

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
AW: [ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds

Well I know what google recommends but I just wanted your opinion. Downloading it now. Thanks for the help codeworkx :laugh:.

i prefer arch linux.
bbqlinux = arch linux + mate and maintained by a guy called codeworkx.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Choffa

Jan 14, 2013
Bluetooth sound in phone call now works perfect! :)

Thanks!

Okej first impressions with i9305N:
-4G not working
-Camera FCs when touch-focusing with flash on (only if you let it complete the focus and then press the shutter button)
-Video recording is stretched, but the video itself is OK.

Too bad the 4G bug is still present :/..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app
I have an i9305N and 4G has been working for me since the first release.

Last edited:

Rhadamanthus

Feb 8, 2013
If we're willing to settle for not so much a device maintainer as someone willing to keep the builds in this thread going with upstream CM/Android changes, then I could do that sporadically when codeworkx moves on. The building side of things isn't so much difficult as time-consuming, so that's not the problem. It's more that I don't know even a little C or C++, and whilst I have a bit of experience with Android, it's at the app level and not with the kernel/driver side of things. I might be able to fix simple issues very clearly indicated in logs, but nothing that needs a sizeable rewrite. So, I could only do builds until something major inevitably breaks later on.

With that in mind, it'd be better for everyone if someone appears with experience of either Android porting, Linux driver development, or at least C; but as far as I've seen, we don't really have anyone of that sort. I'm just offering in case no-one more able will do it.

Is Linux a MUST have or recommended? Is Windows 7 64 bit fine? If not can I just use a virtual machine with Ubuntu? And sorry last question if I do need Linux does it matter if its 32 bit or 64bit?

Thanks

A VM will work as far as I'm aware, but it will mean you have the extra overhead of another OS running; which is particularly important in terms of RAM and I/O, both of which are pretty significant factors for compiling. I wouldn't suggest it unless you have a lot of RAM and a fast drive, though you can substitute patience for the latter. Also, you absolutely must have a 64-bit OS, and plenty of time.

Last edited:

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA
Alright promise last question now as I intend to fully dive in to this... what distribution of linux do you use or is that irrelevant? Im not new to Java or C++ but I would be new to Linux so it matters haha

IMHO Debian is the way to go ;) with Debian you can build up a nice dev system with only the tools etc you need and no other guf loading down the system like you'd get with ubuntu

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Anyways I am currently downloading CM 10.1 4.2.2 as we speak, be nice to see the if any noticable differences between CM 10.1 4.2.1

WestAussie

Nov 27, 2012
Re: [ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds

Hmm. One thing about this 4.2.2 version (and incidentally with Liquid Smooth) is that I can't seem to create a WiFi hotspot. I select it in settings and set it up etc. and it simply doesn't happen. Was fine in 4.2.1. What gives? Interesting that both this CM and the recent LS ROMs have the same issue. When I flash back to Riooer ROM it's all Tickety Boo.

Anyone else with this issue?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Cowboy88

Nov 30, 2012
Hong Kong
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

I don't own this device and i will not care about this device!
I don't care about the bugs and problems you're having!
I'm NOT your daddy!

If you want to get official CM support and nightly builds, then someone of YOU has to maintain this devices.

What do you need?
- Much freetime
- A computer which is running Linux and is able to do cyanogenmod builds
- GT-I9305
- Linux skillz
- Good knowledge about the linux kernel and android
- Knowledge about git and gerrit
- Some c, c++, and java skillz

If no one will maintain it, then i'll consider this project to be DEAD.

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy S III LTE (GSM), or coming from another ROM:
- Read known issues ans FAQs
- Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
- Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
- Reboot

CM10.1 unofficial builds:
cm-10.1-20130220-UNOFFICIAL-i9305.zip - 167.72 MB

Google Apps:
http://goo.im/gapps

ClockworkMod-Recovery by codeworkx:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2140681

Heimdall Flash Tool:
Official website

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running stock cm-kernel
- have installed any mods
- have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

cqzsTl.png
ciPQWl.png
Smpv0l.png

o5NZFl.png
eAJJIl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
Thanks to all donators!

Daddy,
Just want to clarify the below
+What is the different against Larrythecow's rom
+The dump screens are sample of which showing N-7105. Just want to confirm this rom is for I9305.

mcampbellsmith

Jul 1, 2010
Daddy,
Just want to clarify the below
+What is the different against Larrythecow's rom
+The dump screens are sample of which showing N-7105. Just want to confirm this rom is for I9305.

This ROM is for the i9305. Ignore that part of those screenshots!

Difference to Larrycows ROM?
1. This is Anrdoid 4.2.2
2. This has bug fixes
3. The working version of Larrycows ROM was actually clockworkx's ROM......

Try this one out. Works fantastic for me.

Top Liked Posts