Search This thread

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
Boeffla Samsung Kernel by AndiP
Ported and compiled by Hbohd and P$T
For i9305

Introduction

Note: The 4.x kernels are only for Samsung based 4.1.x roms!!! Do not install it on CM or AOSP based roms!!!
The 5.x kernels are only for Samsung based 4.3 roms!!! Also do not install it on CM or AOSP based roms!!!

After ausdim's contribution to porting variety of kernels to our phone, I am here to continue his work (he won't maintain it any longer because he simply doesn't own this phone now). Updates will be made as soon as Andi will push them to github.

Here is original thread of i9300 boeffla kernel - CLICK
Here is thread with boeffla ported by ausdim - CLICK

Info

Kernel is compiled using Linaro 4.9.1 with some required changes for our i9305:
  • No FM radio
  • No CMA_DMA
  • No flash and load in Boeffla App
  • New 'Hbohd preset' and 'PST preset' which are just our everyday use settings.
  • New 'Hbohd' and 'PST' equalizer preset - just our favorite.

Apart from that, everything is same as in i9300 version.

Please for any questions problems or anything else ask here and not on I9300 thread.

Credits
  • P$T (for helping hand with compiling and endless patience and time)
  • Ausdim (basing on his work and he always gives helping hand)
  • Yank (his endless patience and knowledge to help with any issue)
  • AndiP (for kernel base and another kind help)

Disclaimer

*** As always - Flash on our own risk! ***

Make sure you flash the correct version depending on your firmware version!

I can and will not take any responsibility for bricked phones or lost data.

It is generally recommended to run a complete Nandroid backup in CWM recovery and safely store your personal data before you flash a new kernel.

Source:

Here it is, github link! - CLICK

5.2 STABLE compiled with linaro 4.8.3 toolchain -->HERE

Newest version 5.3-beta7 compiled with linaro 4.9.1 toolchain (new ramdisk NE4) --> HERE

Last edited:

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
Camera bug info:

It appears that some people (like me) have problem with camera. In exactly THIS situation: do full wipe, flash sammy rom+boeffla kernel, reboot and launch camera. Effect? Camera closes with "camera failed" popup.

Possible solution:

1. Read this thread and follow steps --> click
2. Flash Sammy Rom with stock Sammy kernel, run the camera, take a photo, then reboot to recovery and flash my ported kernel :)
3. Flash Sammy Rom with stock Sammy kernel, run the camera, take a photo, grab file (SlimISP_XX.bin, where XX differs between phones) from /data/cfw/ and backup it where you want. Then if you can always copy it to /data/cfw if your camera doesn't work with my ported kernel. (ATTENTION: Unfortunately this file does not always appear - still don't know why :( )

Possible explanation, my own research:
I found out that people with ZD and GD will have camera working always. Why? Because these (SlimISP_XX.bin, where XX differs between phones) files are packed within kernel (zImage exactly) and ONLY THESE two are provided by Samsung in their opensource release... Interesting, isn't it? For example, I have GH version, which I may add to zImage manually, however adding more of them breaks the size limit for boot partition, so it's impossible to have all these versions together. However, stock kernel somehow has them, don't know how because zImages aren't extractable.

And just to confirm my theory, I've compiled a kernel with mine version of camera firmware, made full wipe, installed sammy rom+my kernel, rebooted, launched camera and voila - it worked :D

Thus, we has to live with this bug unless Samsung do something about it or someone else proves me that I'm wrong

Last edited:

Piretia

Nov 28, 2010
Norwich
I compiled it after adding my own script for zzmoove 0.5 settings, so you all have them in boeffla app. Therefore I need to explain what i changed (it is just for testing purposes, I don't know yet if it is better/worse etc).

I enabled early demand (new feature from 0.5 version):

And also enabled lcdfreq scaling with standard values:

Installed let see how it goes...
Good work
Tank's

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
I compiled it after adding my own script for zzmoove 0.5 settings, so you all have them in boeffla app. Therefore I need to explain what i changed (it is just for testing purposes, I don't know yet if it is better/worse etc).

I enabled early demand (new feature from 0.5 version):

And also enabled lcdfreq scaling with standard values:

Thanks.

Do you have any link or something where we can read about zzmoove governor tunables? I was searching, and searching and nowhere have I found a good explanation of all parameters.

I should probably look into sources you just gave a link for, but I am too tired atm.
Edit:

Oh that wasn't link to sources, but it doesn't matter, there has to be one somewhere in Boeffla thread.

me_ashman

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks for the port.

Over night I find this one better on battery than the last port. See how it goes with a bit of heavy usage today.

kazoum

Jun 12, 2011
Hi Hbohd. So, let me see if I get it: this port will no longer be updated, and you are now the good guy that will continue to update Boeffla kernel to our beloved I9305?

Reactions: Hbohd

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
Hi Hbohd. So, let me see if I get it: this port will no longer be updated, and you are now the good guy that will continue to update Boeffla kernel to our beloved I9305?

Yes, you are completely right :) Ausdim has even mentioned in his thread that he no longer owns our device (i9305) so I decided to ask for his permission to continue his job here !

I am quite in love with usage results of Boeffla kernel, therefore you do not have to worry about frequent updates :D

Piretia

Nov 28, 2010
Norwich
After 1 day with new kernel I can say the battery improve are the best an till now. Great job

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
Reactions: titus113

kazoum

Jun 12, 2011
Yes, you are completely right :) Ausdim has even mentioned in his thread that he no longer owns our device (i9305) so I decided to ask for his permission to continue his job here !

I am quite in love with usage results of Boeffla kernel, therefore you do not have to worry about frequent updates :D

Well, I'm sad that a developer leaves this phone, but it is awesome to know that Boeffla will continue to be ported to I9305! The best part is the frequent updates :D Thumbs up!

I'm gonna try your port and will say something later.

Reactions: Hbohd

dyy

Sep 2, 2011
beta6

I found 2.12beta6 very smooth on my wife's s3 (i9300) - is it possible to have beta6 for our device? (i9305)

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks for your work.

Do you have any information about problems with distorted sound? It happens randomly here, and someone else reported the same here in this thread.

Have you used Perseus kernel? What do you think about 'Master sequence', that is calibrated colors? I am missing that feature (well, that colors.) a little, so I'm just asking if there is any chance we get it too, or you plan to stay strictly with pure Boeffla source?

Hbohd

Jul 10, 2012
Lodz
Thanks for your work.

Do you have any information about problems with distorted sound? It happens randomly here, and someone else reported the same here in this thread.

Have you used Perseus kernel? What do you think about 'Master sequence', that is calibrated colors? I am missing that feature (well, that colors.) a little, so I'm just asking if there is any chance we get it too, or you plan to stay strictly with pure Boeffla source?

Sincerely, I haven't experienced any random distortions of sound, everything works great. Obviously, if you raise headphone or speaker volume too high, it may be distorted, but it is understandable.

Or did you want to mention the problem with distorted/freezing/stuttering audio on screen-off? That was discussed and it might be caused due to too low screen-off frequency or too high sampling_rate and sampling_rate_sleep_multiplier. If it's the problem, try to change to zzmoove-optimised as it has this values changed a little bit.

About Perseus' screen calibration settings... As for now, introducing such thing would require adding multiple scripts to support variety of configurations for it (in boeffla app), change app to stweaks (which is quite tough task) or wait for new app which will come in some time, made by Andi (and in my opinion, will let us easily configure what we want).

What's more, personally I liked these calibrated colours, however, original colours also seem good to me :p So nowadays, I do not need it, although I might look at it in my free time and see what can I achieve ;)

Beta7 is with zmoove 0.5 which is unstable at the moment - beta6 with 0.3
Besides beta6 is so great on my wife's phone that I'm afraid of changing anything :)

The fact is, that ausdim released beta4 or 5, I don't remember exactly, and then was my release beta7. And we somehow skipped beta6, you are right! However if I were you, I wouldn't take zzmoove 0.5 as 'unstable'. It introduces a great deal of new configurables that, I suppose will be really beneficiant in the future (when we all will learn what they mean :p).

Version 0.5 is ONLY unstable when you are changing governors frequently. Otherwise, it is really efficient and bettery-friendly one (same as 0.3). In addition, it's my beloved governor since its start :)

Furthermore, new betas always consist of other updates (like Linux kernel upstream to 3.0.82, fixes, optimizations) so it is always worth to use the newest one!

As for now, you may stay with your actual beta version or wait for next update. Andi is testing comparison between zzmoove 0.3 and 0.5 right now, so he haven't pushed any sources, therefore I can't release any new update ;) We are all impatiently waiting for the results i think!

Reactions: dyy and Piretia

inzomnia

Jan 28, 2007
Anybody experienced a problem when the phone CPU is stuck in the max CPU frequency when the phone is plugged in to the PC using USB connection?

I'm using zzmoove battery profile..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Roulianooo

Jun 19, 2012
Anybody experienced a problem when the phone CPU is stuck in the max CPU frequency when the phone is plugged in to the PC using USB connection?

I'm using zzmoove battery profile..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Have the same problem, no matter the governor i choose.
I try zzmove battery and pegasusq boeffla battery saving

JAMJAMAL

Nov 2, 2011
Thanks for your work.

I had this issue with boeffla but only when i used rxtreme rom, i never have it with ripper rom!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Boeffla Samsung Kernel by AndiP
    Ported and compiled by Hbohd and P$T
    For i9305

Introduction

Note: The 4.x kernels are only for Samsung based 4.1.x roms!!! Do not install it on CM or AOSP based roms!!!
    The 5.x kernels are only for Samsung based 4.3 roms!!! Also do not install it on CM or AOSP based roms!!!

After ausdim's contribution to porting variety of kernels to our phone, I am here to continue his work (he won't maintain it any longer because he simply doesn't own this phone now). Updates will be made as soon as Andi will push them to github.

Here is original thread of i9300 boeffla kernel - CLICK
    Here is thread with boeffla ported by ausdim - CLICK

Info

Kernel is compiled using Linaro 4.9.1 with some required changes for our i9305:
    • No FM radio
    • No CMA_DMA
    • No flash and load in Boeffla App
    • New 'Hbohd preset' and 'PST preset' which are just our everyday use settings.
    • New 'Hbohd' and 'PST' equalizer preset - just our favorite.

Apart from that, everything is same as in i9300 version.

Please for any questions problems or anything else ask here and not on I9300 thread.

Credits
    • P$T (for helping hand with compiling and endless patience and time)
    • Ausdim (basing on his work and he always gives helping hand)
    • Yank (his endless patience and knowledge to help with any issue)
    • AndiP (for kernel base and another kind help)

Disclaimer

*** As always - Flash on our own risk! ***

Make sure you flash the correct version depending on your firmware version!

I can and will not take any responsibility for bricked phones or lost data.

It is generally recommended to run a complete Nandroid backup in CWM recovery and safely store your personal data before you flash a new kernel.

Source:

Here it is, github link! - CLICK

5.2 STABLE compiled with linaro 4.8.3 toolchain -->HERE

Newest version 5.3-beta7 compiled with linaro 4.9.1 toolchain (new ramdisk NE4) --> HERE
    Stockish 4.4.4 TW kernel

Hi all!

After few trial and error lessons I've compiled fully working 4.4 kernel for Samsung recent ROM. Thanks to whole community (@djb77 for his quick custom ROM uploading). I think it's quite a good news for all interested people. Now I have some more time to prepare more customized kernel with more features. I hope I can do it :fingers-crossed:

Also, I may consider creating completely new developmental thread for that 'new line' of kernel :)

Enjoy! :angel:

Ps. It's v2 because obviously - v1 didn't work :p
    3.1 stable READY!

I know you were waiting for it... 3.1stable is here for our beloved i9305! :D

Just flashed, working as it should. Please comment if you notice any bug/error.
    I have also updated mine overall preset, if anyone use it :p

Here is of course changelog according to AndiP (highlighted changes since 3.1beta3):

NTFS read support (switch on in app)
    New system tweaks available: Mattiadj tweaks (credits to Mattiadj)
    Wireless charge rate confiurable as well now

Better busybox compatibility
    Upstream to Linux kernel 3.0.95 from 08.09.13 (www.kernel.org)
    Load and flash will now archive flashed kernel as .tar.md5 in folder /boeffla-kernel-data
    Reduced wifi wakelock times
    TCP congestion changed from Cubic to Westwood
    Frandom supported as loadable module (for users of Crossbreeder mod etc.)

Preparation for an upcoming Boeffla-Config app version to support flashing of modems
    Boeffla ramfs refactored to support "rapid start" (the Config app can apply settings more quickly after restart in future)
    Implemented ignoring unstable charge current and margins (based on implementation by AndreiLux) - disabled by default

zzmoove profiles: added 2 more battery profiles (credits to Yank) in Boeffla-config app corrected now
    zzmoove 0.7d integrated (credits to ZaneZam) - this is fixing some tunables not being sticky
    Improved efs backup (does not internally use efs folder anymore, so compatible to other tools like kTool)
    initramfs updated to xxemd3
    Boeffla-Sound engine 1.6.4 (mostly internal code cleanup + compatibility to CM, thanks to Yank)

Now we are waiting for something new - CM kernel sources! Obviously I will try to port it as soon as possible and I will open new thread then, just not to mess two kernels in one thread. What do you think about it? Or just should i add CM kernel to this thread?

DOWNLOAD:
    5.1-beta7 !

Hey guys, here I come with the newest creation of Hbohd studios(R), 5.1beta7 kernel for 4.3 Sammy roms. There are some interesting changes, black crush fix, switchable sharpness tweak and new source update number 13 from Samsung itself! Full changelog here -> click

I thought I know the culprit for non booting stock kernel after flashing it onto mine one, but unfortunately I was wrong :( At least I've tried...

And download below, enjoy.

Ps. Consider it as a Christmas gift from Andi and me :D
    2.13 stable for i9305 released.

As I promised, I have compiled the newest stable 2.13 version for you all and now it's released! Tested and everything seems to be ok apart from that one bug - 1 core stucks at max freq when phone is connected to pc via usb (I haven't found the culprit of this behaviour yet :/).

Here is changelog by Andip:
    Andip said:
    2.13 stable

Change Log (vs last stable 2.12)

* All functionalities of last stable version 2.12
    * Upstream to Linux kernel 3.0.86 from 13.07.13 (kernel.org)
    * zzmoove 0.6 alias "the beast" (credits to ZaneZam)
    * BFQ scheduler updated from 5r1 to 6r2
    * Touch-to-wake fixes (credits to Yank)
    * Early suspend delay configurable preparation (but will only be included in app of series 3 kernel) (credits to Yank)
    * Superuser updated to 1.41 (for autoroot) (credits to Chainfire)
    * Touch boost frequency configurable (credits to Yank555)
    * WIFI implementation back to stock S3 (S4 drivers suspected to have higher idle battery drain, multicast filter currently removed as it apparently caused some sporadic issues)
    * ext4tweaks fixed in Boeffla-Tweaks app (were broken for a while already)

Have a happy flashing!

Ps. Sorry for being so late, I was enjoying holidays :D