Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Aroma Options
Keep As Is With Aroma Options 323 76.18%
Have All Options In Seperate Flashable Zips 101 23.82%
Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][20 OCT][XXBMR8-V20] Ripper Rom (Project Stopped)

Tip us?

txr33
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,254

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jok4h View Post
Could it be easy enough to have them removed via the Aroma installer? for custom installation!
i.hate.s-crap!
I will look into adding some options to the aroma including remove apps and different status bar icons
[

If you like my work press the Thanks button or you could buy me beer
The Following User Says Thank You to txr33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Acesi7
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Flashing this one now.

This might be the exact ROM I was after, nothing but stock, but the ability to move the dock icons.

Will let you know how it does.

Might also want to include Instructions on the OP, Just to save the questions later.
^^ If you found this useful please use the Thank button, it won't bite

Phone: SGS4 i9505
Network: Telstra 4G
ROM: Stock MJ5 ROM
Knox: 0x1
Kernel: Stock
Modem:Stock

Acesi7
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Works perfectly and pretty much exactly what I was looking for!
If your ever in Melbourne OP, I'll buy you a drink

Note: I did experience so VERY odd behaviour after trying to 'fix permissions' in CWM, after I did it, bootloop. Also tried reflashing the rom and it would go through the 'Updating Apps' and then instantly reboot when it reached 236/236, and boot loop. Had to restore from Nandroid back then reflash, but everything is working fine. Just won't touch Fix Permissions again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acesi7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

txr33
Old
Thanks Meter 3,254

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesi7 View Post

Note: I did experience so VERY odd behaviour after trying to 'fix permissions' in CWM, after I did it, bootloop. Also tried reflashing the rom and it would go through the 'Updating Apps' and then instantly reboot when it reached 236/236, and boot loop. Had to restore from Nandroid back then reflash, but everything is working fine. Just won't touch Fix Permissions again.
Thanks

I just tried fix permissions then in cwm and phone rebooted just fine. Are you using the stock kernel or Perseus kernel. I am using Perseus kernel with the cwm recovery from cf root cwm recovery thread, Don't know if those two make a difference but I would think any cwm actions would be related to either recovery or kernel possibly, It is strange to boot loop though after fixing permissions
[

The Following User Says Thank You to txr33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

narcarsiss
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesi7 View Post

Same problem here with peruses kernel. i start using the phone and for no reason it just boot loops and wont get back into phone till davlik and cache are wiped :/

on occasion the lcd will lock up on slow movement.

L335K1
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by txr33 View Post
Hi all this is my first custom rom that I have done, I am not a developer but I have read some guides, tried some files from the i9300, tried some changes and this is what I have. And thought why not share with people here as we do not have much option at the moment but hopefully more developers will come to give us more selection.
It has all stock apps in system.
I am using Kazuni's aroma installer and updater script to flash this which I've been told is ok to use, so thank you Kazuni for allowing me to use that.

Changelog

Based on XXALI9 complete stock system apps
Deodexed and zipaligned
Root and busybox
crt off
dock icons in launcher can be moved and changed
roletube app (download videos from youtube)
headphone shortcuts app (change heaphone shortcuts)
4 way reboot option
4 way screen rotation
long press vol to skip song
rearranged stock toggle order
slightly transparent status bar
slight systemui visual changes
% battery mod
mms mod for up to 200 contacts

There is no modem and no kernel included in the flash so you will keep your current modem and kernel

This has the Telstra Australia CSC I9305TTELALI3 so if you have a different csc and flash this it will change your csc to this one
hopefully we can get a multicsc soon so I will use that instead of Telstra's CSC but until then it has this.

Credits and thanks to the following if I have missed anyone then I am sorry please let me know.
grgsiocl
wanam
kazuni (4 way reboot and flashable zip)
crysis21
ausdim (deodex and zipalign tool)
leamoor (crt off)
raukatze (transparent status bar for jelly bean)
rickythefox (head phone shortcuts app)
jakubklos (vol to skip track)
Anyone else I have not mentioned

Hope this is alright with everyone and as I learn more I will include more.

The usual flash at your own risk, always have a backup

Issues
There is only one problem I know of and that is after flashing and the phone has booted you will need to go into SuperSU app and update the binaries to have full root access, I am unsure why this happens but that is the only thing wrong I have come across using this and you will only need to do this only once.

Download Link

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B74...UFObk42OTVzNGs

For anyone that wants or needs the original Telstra modem I have uploaded it here

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B74...jUyVkM1aFVraTA

Flash with mobile odin, pc odin or ktool
come on mate, give ur ROM a flashy memorable name.. something other than 'The Beginning'.. anyways good luck with the venture. need any assistance or testing, just give me a yell.
Samsung S3 GT-i9305T on Telstra
ROM - [ROM - i9305] [4.1.1] [XXALJ7] [Aroma] L335K1s ROM
Kernel Version - Stock

This ninja here is keeping an eye on my THANKS button.
The Following User Says Thank You to L335K1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Acesi7
Old
(Last edited by Acesi7; 19th October 2012 at 03:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Thanks

I just tried fix permissions then in cwm and phone rebooted just fine. Are you using the stock kernel or Perseus kernel. I am using Perseus kernel with the cwm recovery from cf root cwm recovery thread, Don't know if those two make a difference but I would think any cwm actions would be related to either recovery or kernel possibly, It is strange to boot loop though after fixing permissions
Stock ROM w/ CWM & Root, Stock Kernel.

I'm also noticing that it's not quite as silky smooth as the original...

Not sure why that is, it's not 4.0.4 bad, but it's not quite project butter smooth.

Edit: Scratch the above comment. I'm an idiot. Power saving was on. Switched it off and everything is. Project buttery smooth!

Will continue testing.

txr33
Old
(Last edited by txr33; 19th October 2012 at 04:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,254

DONATE TO ME
L335K1 I'm open for any suggestions for a rom name. I know it needs something better but just can't think of anything at the moment. If I need a tester ill let you know.

I have been using this for about 2 days now without any issue. No bootloops or freezing so am not sure what is going on to be causing that

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium HD app
[

L335K1
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
L335K1 I'm open for any suggestions for a rom name. I know it needs something better but just can't think of anything at the moment. If I need a tester ill let you know.

I have been using this for about 2 days now without any issue. No bootloops or freezing so am not sure what is going on to be causing that

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium HD app
without knowing more abt u, i couldnt customise a ROM name for u.. how abt just TXR rom. something like;

[ROM][i9305][ZHALI8][4.1.1] OzTXR v1.0 or even just TXR v1.0

Samsung S3 GT-i9305T on Telstra
ROM - [ROM - i9305] [4.1.1] [XXALJ7] [Aroma] L335K1s ROM
Kernel Version - Stock

This ninja here is keeping an eye on my THANKS button.

txr33
Old
Thanks Meter 3,254

DONATE TO ME
I have re done the flashable zip now without the aroma because I don't really like the aroma and I don't have time at the moment to play around with adding options to the aroma installer. So it will just be a normal cwm flashable zip. I have also done a lite version using prodigiez's rom as a guide for what apps to remove from system/app. I will hopefully put links up for these in the morning. Unfortunately after flashing you will still need to update the supersu apk binary as I haven't been able to resolve that yet. Also included in the flashable zip now is a kernel which will flash the Perseus kernel at this stage.

Finally gonna change the rom name, at the moment I am thinking of going with Mauseum Rom
[