5,596,431 Members 40,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][I9305][20MAR[JB 4.3 XXUENA2 rXTREME.JB.4.3-v3.3] || [JB 4.1.2v.14.1 XXBMR8]

Tip us?

ignatios123
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cundis View Post
Quick question. Can i use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1827635 guide for voltage settings on the Perseus kernel?

EDIT: Also want to say that the power consumption this night was lower than ever. Less than 1% per hour. Very good!
I think you can. it worked on him then there is no harm on trying. just don't over abuse overclocking. I've experimented many of settings using setcpu.

| Samsung SG3 LTE | rXTREME.4.3.v.3.3.XXUENA2 |
| GT N7000 | GLORY v3 rom |
The Following User Says Thank You to ignatios123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cundis
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatios123 View Post
I think you can. it worked on him then there is no harm on trying. just don't over abuse overclocking. I've experimented many of settings using setcpu.
OK, thanks!

When I tried to overclock @1600 MHz the stress test in setcpu stopped after a couple of minutes. Voltage settings applied as the guide says.

CalInTheZone
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cundis View Post
Quick question. Can i use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1827635 guide for voltage settings on the Perseus kernel?
It's a very general guide, so it can be used with just about any device.
Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F), Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P605) and two Galaxy Gear (SM-V700). and for fun and games: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, HTC One X, LG G2, Sony Xperia Z1 and loads of legacy devices.

P.S. Don't reply this to say thanks. Just use the button. Thanks! || My movies
The Following User Says Thank You to CalInTheZone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cundis
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalInTheZone View Post
It's a very general guide, so it can be used with just about any device.
Thanks. As an android newbie I have some stuff here and there to learn.

tussi4711
Old
(Last edited by tussi4711; 13th February 2013 at 05:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default SIM card lock

hi I have 4.1 and 6.1 installed on 2 phones. On both phones the the "set up SIM card lock" option can not be used. When I open it, it stops....process has stopped?
so I'm missing the "SIM card lock settings" screen.
Any ideas, any help. Do I have to install/reinstall some additions?

TIA

CalInTheZone
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tussi4711 View Post
hi I have 4.1 and 6.1 installed on 2 phones. On both phones the the "set up SIM card lock" option can not be used. When I open it, it stops....process has stopped?

TIA
With Jkay?
Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F), Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P605) and two Galaxy Gear (SM-V700). and for fun and games: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, HTC One X, LG G2, Sony Xperia Z1 and loads of legacy devices.

P.S. Don't reply this to say thanks. Just use the button. Thanks! || My movies

tussi4711
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalInTheZone View Post
With Jkay?
deluxe setting are installed, but no longer running aber upgrading to 6.1.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote:
reinstalled 6.1 now with stock kernel, default stock theme, mega bass, no options. Before I deinstallt deluxe setting.

jkay lockscreen is not running, of course, and also still SIM PIN options are gone. I can't change or set the PIN.

For deluxe setting I had to pay for, my fault. but not PIN?!

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

reinstalled 6.1 now with stock kernel, default stock theme, mega bass, no options. Before I deinstallt deluxe setting.

jkay lockscreen is not running, of course, and also still SIM PIN options are gone. I can't change or set the PIN.

going back to 4.0 because in this version deluxe setting was running.
As in all newer version there is no option to set the sim pin (which was given with the first cell phones) I will have to go back to store image and root it. Just to be able to use adfree.
not funny. everything was nice an stable, but the main basics are lost.
too bad

iamnoo
Old
(Last edited by iamnoo; 14th February 2013 at 02:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:

TIA
mine is working with jkay.
lockscreen and sim card lock no FC.

how i installed: i choose lite rom, jkay w/ jbdom, after finish no reboot, select another installation i install defaultapps.zip, choose google apps, samsung apps then reboot. all is well.

another thing just want to share this for fast dormancy thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
To clear things up, Fast Dormancy is protocol that devices use to talk to the network, where the network keeps the data session active even when the data connection isn't being used at all times. It means your device doesn't have to keep starting a new data connection when you start and stop using it.

Cases:

1. Your carrier supports Fast Dormancy and your phone has it turned on - You will reap the most benefits, which are increased data speeds and in many cases significantly better battery life. You will notice, for example, on the S3 that your phone will jump from H+ to H or 3G when you're not using data at that moment (the connection is still active, just "dormant"). Best case.

2. Your carrier DOESN'T support Fast Dormancy and your phone has it turned off - Unfortunately your network sucks, because Fast Dormancy, when configured correctly, can really save you a ton of battery life and increase your data speeds. But, if your network doesn't support it and you also have it turned off, that's just as good as case #1. No wake locks, and the fastest speeds available to you.

3. Your carrier supports Fast Dormancy, but your phone has it turned off- You won't experience any wake locks, but your phone will be using more battery than it needs to, because it will keep the data connection running at full speed/maximum potential all the time, even when you're not using it. You also will not hit the highest data speeds available to you by the network. You'd probably want to turn on FD in this case.

4. Your carrier DOESN'T support Fast Dormancy and your phone has it turned on - Your phone will experience wake locks, which will result in higher-than-normal battery usage. Your data speeds may also take a hit. This is the worst case you can be in. Turn off FD.
Samsung Galaxy S III I9305 LTE powered by: rXTREME ROM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamnoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r_i_x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][01 FEB][XXBMA6][JB 4.1.2][rXTREME.v6.1_I9305] (fast, smooth & stable)

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

going back to 4.0 because in this version deluxe setting was running.
As in all newer version there is no option to set the sim pin (which was given with the first cell phones) I will have to go back to store image and root it. Just to be able to use adfree.
not funny. everything was nice an stable, but the main basics are lost.
too bad
I was about to test your problem but I forgot my sim pin so I can not change for now, I'll get back to it once I found my pin.

For jkay its working fine, for more settings you need to buy jkay settings on play store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoo View Post
mine is working with jkay.
lockscreen and sim card lock no FC.

how i installed: i choose lite rom, jkay w/ jbdom, after finish no reboot, select another installation i install defaultapps.zip, choose google apps, samsung apps then reboot. all is well.

another thing just want to share this for fast dormancy thing.
I added fast dormancy toggle on the next version you can enable or disable fd thru it, under rxtreme utilities.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium
Main Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII GT I9305
ROM: rXTREME for I9305
2nd Device: HTC HD2 EU
ROM:NexusHD2-JellyBean-4.1.2-CM10

if you like what I did or help in some way tokens of appreciation accepted paypal: r_i_x@yahoo.com

<<<click THANKS will do don't just say it! Hit it!

Cundis
Old
(Last edited by Cundis; 14th February 2013 at 09:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 52
Default Re: [ROM][14 FEB][XXBMA6][JB 4.1.2][rXTREME.v6.2_I9305] (fast, smooth & stable)

Hey r_i_x! I was wondering if it is possible to add the volume button skip track function to the Google Music player also?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium
My devices:

Main device: Galaxy Note 3 n9005, unrooted for now until things become more stable

Backup devices: Galaxy S3 i9305 with CM 10.1 and Yank Kernel and iPhone 4 with iOS7

Tags
samsung galaxy i9305 jelly bean