Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROMS] Updated: 17/08/2013 - Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages!

Tip us?

winwiz
Old
Thanks Meter 638
Flashed this ROM and it worked perfectly

I then used mobile ODIN pro, and flashed CWM, and the counter is now showing 1. Really not happy! Any ideas why this has happened? I though mobile ODIN pro didnt increment the counter?
If you think my post helps you out feel free to press the THANKS button

Current Device:
HTC One - Silver

Coming from a:
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 - Black Mist

lyriquidperfection
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 2515

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by winwiz View Post
Flashed this ROM and it worked perfectly

I then used mobile ODIN pro, and flashed CWM, and the counter is now showing 1. Really not happy! Any ideas why this has happened? I though mobile ODIN pro didnt increment the counter?
Why didn't you just use normal Odin to flash cwm?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
My Applications

EFS Professional v2.1.73 (With Qualcomm NV Tools and PIT Magic) - For All Android Devices

LG CSMG Tool v1.0.21 - For LG Mobile Server Queries and Firmware Checking

PIT Magic v1.3.10 - Samsung PIT Creator, Editor and Analyzer

Odin ROM Package Builder v1.3 - Complete Pre-Root and Repack Utilities for Linux

Samsung Quick Root v1.7.10 And HTC Quick Root v1.1.13 - All In One Root / Unroot Solutions
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my hard work, please buy me a coffee and a pack of nappies for my little daughter!

winwiz
Old
Thanks Meter 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyriquidperfection View Post
Why didn't you just use normal Odin to flash cwm?

i was trying to avoid the counter incrementing

would this have left the counter at 0?
If you think my post helps you out feel free to press the THANKS button

Current Device:
HTC One - Silver

Coming from a:
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 - Black Mist

nixxss
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How does one reset counter to 0? Also show original under system status?

lyriquidperfection
Old
Thanks Meter 2515

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixxss View Post
How does one reset counter to 0? Also show original under system status?
Download Triangle Away by Chainfire. It now supports the I9305.

My Applications

EFS Professional v2.1.73 (With Qualcomm NV Tools and PIT Magic) - For All Android Devices

Odin ROM Package Builder v1.3 - Complete Pre-Root and Repack Utilities for Linux

Samsung Quick Root v1.7.10 And HTC Quick Root v1.1.13 - All In One Root / Unroot Solutions
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my hard work, please buy me a coffee and a pack of nappies for my little daughter!

nixxss
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi liquid, I have, however it won't run due to the fact that I don't have a rooted ROM. If I install a rooted ROM, I would increment the counter, but would then remove the default Telstra ROM.. Anyway to get around that? Also the system says 'custom', will triangle away fix that and change it to 'original'?
geordie8t1 Old
Thanks Meter
Unhappy phone stuck, can i use this firmware?

OK SORRY IF THIS IS THE WRONG SECTION FOR THIS QUESTION BUT I NEED HELP, PLEASE ADVISE, TOTAL NEWBIE, FIRST POST FIRST F**k UP

OK SO I HAVE JUST GOT A GALAXY S3 I9305 ON UK ORANGE EE NETWORK, GOT IT HOME AFTER A FEW DAYS, INSTALLED APPS, ROOTED AND SO ON,.
TODAY I INSTALLED A FONT PROGRAM WHICH SENT THE PHONE TO RESTART, THEN JUST STUCK ON SAMSUNG LOGO,

WENT THROUGH CWM VIA RECOVERY MODE, UNFORTUNATLY I WAS TOTALLY UNSURE WHAT I WAS DOING HERE BUT THOUGHT IT A GOOD IDEA TO RESET/WIPE THE PHONE, RESTARTED WITH NO SUCESS,

THEN I WENT TO THE FORMAT SYSTEM THINKING IT WOULD JUST REVERT BACK TO ORIGINAL SOFTWARE, UNROOT AND EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE TO BE RE ADDED, OBVIOUSLEY I NOW HAVE A PHONE WHICH WILL NOT GET PAST THE SCREEN STARTUP, (SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-9305), IT WILL NOT BOOT OR ANYTHING, I HAVE NOT MADE ANY BACKUPS OF THIS PHONE SINCE I BOUGHT IT YET SO AM JUST WONDERING IS THERE A WAY TO START FROM SCRATCH, I.E DO I JUST TRY TO ADD THE ORANGE EE FIRMWARE BACK ON OR FLASH WITH SOMETHING ELSE?
I AM A NEWBIE ISH, BUT HAVE NEVER USED CWM BEFORE AND NOW REALISE MY MISTAKES AS PROB SHUD HAVE READ UP FIRST BEFORE MESSING AROUND.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE MY NEXT STEP???
geordie8t1 Old
Thanks Meter
Default orange firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ray_ View Post
excellent, i have the same version rom on my orange/EE S3 which means i can finally go ahead and root my device without fear of losing my stock branded firmware.
Just a quick question will a factory reset unroot the device in case i want to send it back ?
hey _ray_

did you say this i the orange uk branded firmware by any chance?

im new to this rooting and flashing, and thought i had just damaged my new galaxy 3 LTE, after an upgrade went wrong, anyhow all seems to be fine now with the help of the internet, but im now on a german t mobile firmwire, and would prefer to get bk to orange/ stock?

thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie8t1 View Post
OK SORRY IF THIS IS THE WRONG SECTION FOR THIS QUESTION BUT I NEED HELP, PLEASE ADVISE, TOTAL NEWBIE, FIRST POST FIRST F**k UP

OK SO I HAVE JUST GOT A GALAXY S3 I9305 ON UK ORANGE EE NETWORK, GOT IT HOME AFTER A FEW DAYS, INSTALLED APPS, ROOTED AND SO ON,.
TODAY I INSTALLED A FONT PROGRAM WHICH SENT THE PHONE TO RESTART, THEN JUST STUCK ON SAMSUNG LOGO,

WENT THROUGH CWM VIA RECOVERY MODE, UNFORTUNATLY I WAS TOTALLY UNSURE WHAT I WAS DOING HERE BUT THOUGHT IT A GOOD IDEA TO RESET/WIPE THE PHONE, RESTARTED WITH NO SUCESS,

THEN I WENT TO THE FORMAT SYSTEM THINKING IT WOULD JUST REVERT BACK TO ORIGINAL SOFTWARE, UNROOT AND EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE TO BE RE ADDED, OBVIOUSLEY I NOW HAVE A PHONE WHICH WILL NOT GET PAST THE SCREEN STARTUP, (SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-9305), IT WILL NOT BOOT OR ANYTHING, I HAVE NOT MADE ANY BACKUPS OF THIS PHONE SINCE I BOUGHT IT YET SO AM JUST WONDERING IS THERE A WAY TO START FROM SCRATCH, I.E DO I JUST TRY TO ADD THE ORANGE EE FIRMWARE BACK ON OR FLASH WITH SOMETHING ELSE?
I AM A NEWBIE ISH, BUT HAVE NEVER USED CWM BEFORE AND NOW REALISE MY MISTAKES AS PROB SHUD HAVE READ UP FIRST BEFORE MESSING AROUND.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE MY NEXT STEP???
I HAVE NOW ACTUALLY MANAGED TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITH SOME GOOGLE SEARCHES AND SOME FORUMS.
mAN I LOVE THE INTERNET SOMETIMES LOL: DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ORANGE UK FIRMWARE FOR (UK GALAXY S3 i9305) CURRENTLY FLASHED ON TO A GERMAN T MOBILE FIRMWARE TEMPORARILY

unibiggle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can I ota update and keep root or will it just revert to complete stock?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

lyriquidperfection
Old
Thanks Meter 2515

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by unibiggle View Post
Can I ota update and keep root or will it just revert to complete stock?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium
If you OTA you will have to root your device again.

My Applications