5,596,784 Members 48,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V8.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [LTE]

Tip us?

Raistlin1158
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze1977 View Post
I used this to load back to Stock SW, all ok. I then used it to root the Stock SW, went ok. But now when i check the device status it shows as modified and OTA updates dont work.

Im not that bothered about that anyway but was wondering if you rooted the Stock ROM that OTA was available for you?

Cheers
Use Triangle Away then load this and it reverts to normal but it's still rooted.

A free version is on this site..
xxxxxxxxxxx

Nex, Est Tantum Exordium... מוות רק ההתחלה... Смерть - только начало... 死だけを始めています。...
The Following User Says Thank You to Raistlin1158 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnnyblaze1977
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1158 View Post
Use Triangle Away then load this and it reverts to normal but it's still rooted.

A free version is on this site..
Sweet, thanks for that.

john_semple
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can I use the toolkit? Foolishly I updated 4.1.2 over KIES and i'm still on 4.1.2 but the build has changed. My Baseband version is I9305BVBLL2

johnnyblaze1977
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_semple View Post
Can I use the toolkit? Foolishly I updated 4.1.2 over KIES and i'm still on 4.1.2 but the build has changed. My Baseband version is I9305BVBLL2
I upgraded via Kies when i got home with my new phone also, but have since used the toolkit no problem. Your build number should be BLL5 and i think this is what the toolkit uses.

If you are flashing FW with the toolkit then you need to have it already downloaded on your PC (via Samfirmware) and this is currently the latest build anyway (i have the same baseband as you). The toolkit opens up Odin for you but you need to direct it to the FW you downloaded.

Cheers

john_semple
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze1977 View Post
I upgraded via Kies when i got home with my new phone also, but have since used the toolkit no problem. Your build number should be BLL5 and i think this is what the toolkit uses.

If you are flashing FW with the toolkit then you need to have it already downloaded on your PC (via Samfirmware) and this is currently the latest build anyway (i have the same baseband as you). The toolkit opens up Odin for you but you need to direct it to the FW you downloaded.

Cheers
I'll try BLL5 see what happens. Tad worried as the KIES update was only a small 22MB um stability thing. I trying it now see what happens

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_semple View Post
I'll try BLL5 see what happens. Tad worried as the KIES update was only a small 22MB um stability thing. I trying it now see what happens
Seems to have worked. Got my root access back

johnnyblaze1977
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Nice,

I really like this toolkit, very simple to use with a ton of features.

I will donate to this when I get the chance to.

Cheers

tomj333
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
The toolkit wont run, says it cant find the specified path... have tired on windows 7 and 8, using admin install and orginal install path.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomj333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13402

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomj333 View Post
The toolkit wont run, says it cant find the specified path... have tired on windows 7 and 8, using admin install and orginal install path.
It may not be related but what AV program do you use?

Mark.

mskip
Old
(Last edited by mskip; 13th February 2013 at 05:02 PM.)
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13402

DONATE TO ME
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V7.2.0 [13TH FEB 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added Toolkit support for CSPIRE MODEL LTE [SCH-L710]
+Added Toolkit support for AUSTRALIAN MODEL GSM [GT-I9300T]
+Added Toolkit support for AUSTRALIAN MODEL LTE [GT-I9305T]
+Added Toolkit support for GT-I9300 4.1.2 XXEMA2 build
+Added Toolkit support for GT-I9305 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Build
+Updated TWRP Touch Recovery for all models to latest available versions
+Updated SuperSU root to latest version [1.04] and built into Toolkit procedures
+Disabled Superuser root from adb root procedures [for now]
+TWRP NAND Backup and Restore procedures added to backup/restore section
+Updated firmware download section to add new models and builds
+Updated adb to latest version from google
+Added Activation Code option to Model Selection screen for easier activation
+Lots of other textual changes and improvements to Toolkit code
+Probably some more things that I forgot about

For people who do not want or cannot get the Auto Update versions you can download twrp touch from http://goo.im/devs/mskip/recovery/samsung_galaxy_s3 and flash it via the Toolkit. SuperSU can be updated to the latest version from the app.

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the donator features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other donator features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Enjoy

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xAlex79
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT AUTO UPDATE V7.2.0 [13TH FEB 2013] AVAILABLE!!

Changelog:
+Added Toolkit support for CSPIRE MODEL LTE [SCH-L710]
+Added Toolkit support for AUSTRALIAN MODEL GSM [GT-I9300T]
+Added Toolkit support for AUSTRALIAN MODEL LTE [GT-I9305T]
+Added Toolkit support for GT-I9300 4.1.2 XXEMA2 build
+Added Toolkit support for GT-I9305 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Build
+Updated TWRP Touch Recovery for all models to latest available versions
+Updated SuperSU root to latest version [1.04] and built into Toolkit procedures
+Disabled Superuser root from adb root procedures [for now]
+TWRP NAND Backup and Restore procedures added to backup/restore section
+Updated firmware download section to add new models and builds
+Updated adb to latest version from google
+Added Activation Code option to Model Selection screen for easier activation
+Lots of other textual changes and improvements to Toolkit code
+Probably some more things that I forgot about

For people who do not want or cannot get the Auto Update versions you can download twrp touch from http://goo.im/devs/mskip/recovery/samsung_galaxy_s3 and flash it via the Toolkit. SuperSU can be updated to the latest version from the app.

[Auto Updates are only accessible if you have donated to the Toolkit project, received an activation code and unlocked the donator features. Auto Updates are a much faster and easier way of pushing small updates that would otherwise not be worth doing. I can push a single textual change or add support for a new build without having to go through the whole process of building a full version and uploading a large file. IF you are not able to or do not want to donate to unlock the Auto Update feature (and other donator features) then all the smaller updates are collated and a full build made when I have time or if there are enough updates to warrant it. This is the easiest way to make sure all the Toolkits are as up to date as possible. IF you have any views about this please pm me about them and do not post in the open thread]

Enjoy

Mark.
I have the Australian model .. so the only way to use this toolkit is to get access to the auto update? I have tried to look for the 7.2 version and could not find it anywhere.