[SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V8.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [LTE]

14th February 2013, 11:03 AM   |  #151  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,719

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex79

I have the Australian model .. so the only way to use this toolkit is to get access to the auto update? I have tried to look for the 7.2 version and could not find it anywhere.

It is only available as an Auto Update until a public version has been built which I will do as soon as I can. If you want to do it manually with V7.0.0 then you can download the model zip file from http://goo.im/devs/mskip/toolkit/sam...s3/model_files and extract the contents to the toolkit folder. You can then flash the insecure boot image for your model via odin as part of the root process but it will only install SuperSU 0.98 (I think) which you can then update via the app.

Mark.
15th February 2013, 11:23 AM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
hi!!!
i have galaxy s3 lte i9305xxbll5....
how can i root the device without harm the rom?
15th February 2013, 10:00 PM   |  #153  
Flag Biloxi, MS
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
More
Re: [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V7.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [
Hey Mark, long time no talk ha. I see you got CSpire GS3 capability in your toolkit now and i was wondering being that im with cspire, i only see your 7.0 version on this forum and the cspire gs3 variant was on the 7.2 auto update version which i had seen on your webpage. My question is am i only able to get the toolkit 7.2 version with cspire in it through the auto update or is it included in the 7.0 version or somewhere else? If not i have no problem getting the donate version to recieve the auto update to obtain cspire capability. I was just curious on what i need to do exactly to obtain your version with the cspire gs3 variant? Appreciate your work man, one great thing after the next! Thanks

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
16th February 2013, 08:12 AM   |  #154  

4 posts
Hello and great work man!

I've got a I-9305 JZO54K BMA 4 and I got the donators version. If I got everything right I can choose BMA 6 to root. But it seems like it's some trouble downloading .zip or am I doing anything wrong?
18th February 2013, 11:55 AM   |  #155  

2 posts
Smile
any suggestion please?i want only to make it rooted with the existing stock rom!!!
18th February 2013, 07:47 PM   |  #156  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 53

352 posts
More
A friend of mine asked me to root his i9305 (using i9300 by myself). The phone is sold in France by Bouygues Telecom (branded). Android version is 4.1.1, sammy JRO03C.I9305XXALK3. Is it ok to choose option 42, which is 4.1.1 ALK3 but specified as US device ? Or should I pick another version ? Thanks for the help !
18th February 2013, 09:05 PM   |  #157  
Thanks Meter: 16

300 posts
Thx a lot for this Toolkit!!!
It was easy !!!
21st February 2013, 01:41 PM   |  #158  
Thanks Meter: 50

818 posts
More
Hey, I have one question. I backup up the apps (minus the system apps) via Nexus 4 toolkit, is it possible to restore those apps into my S3 with this toolkit?
6th March 2013, 02:30 PM   |  #159  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,719

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide911

Hey, I have one question. I backup up the apps (minus the system apps) via Nexus 4 toolkit, is it possible to restore those apps into my S3 with this toolkit?

It should restore ok.

Mark.
6th March 2013, 05:51 PM   |  #160  
Flag Sunset
Thanks Meter: 1,456

1,120 posts
More
Wi-Fi won't turn on
I just rooted my Sprint GS3 using this root kit, everything went fine, but my wi-fi wont' turn on. I read this at the top of this thread:

Q. I flashed the Toolkit Boot Image, now my wifi + bluetooth won't work

The boot images are made from Stock with only needed changes made to the insecure boot images [modified adbd, default.prop and rc.local edited] and will work on all stock roms. If you flash them to a custom rom and the rom has been altered or uses a custom boot image then it will boot but certain modules may not load such as wifi or bluetooth. In this case you can use the boot image to root or perform adb root functions but will need to flash back the boot image for the custom rom to get other functions working again. This is not a fault of the Toolkit but a difference to stock in the custom rom.

I am not on a custom rom, but the above paragraph is confusing to me. Does this mean I have to flash the stock rom over my current stock rom? Where do I find it? And won't I lose everything and have to reinstall? Can someone please help me get my wifi back?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread