[SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V8.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [LTE]

9th November 2012, 11:49 AM   |  #21  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 91

227 posts
Donate to Me
More
awesome work, couldnt tell u how many times i used this for the i9300... recommended everyone to have this in their galaxy toolbox..
The Following User Says Thank You to L335K1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2012, 12:18 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Rooted my XXALI9 with this awesome tool! I'm a complete n00b and this is the first time I've ever rooted. Thanks so much!

I'm using the tool to take a Nandroid backup now.
10th November 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 115

451 posts
More
I just bought the i9305 upgraded from i9100 and happy to find stuff going on for this device already.... thanks for this, I am going to try to root as first step
10th November 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #24  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,719

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarMyst

Thanks for your hard work. I love the Nexus toolkit.
Do you have any plans to expand this G3 toolkit for verizon? It is the d2vzw.

I am currently updating the S3 Snapdragon Toolkit and I am adding verizon support in that version. Not quite sure how the locked bootloader fix needs to be integrated but I assume its just flashing the unlocked bootloader which opens flash support.

Mark.
10th November 2012, 03:40 PM   |  #25  
Flag Norfolk

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyriquidperfection

Just to clarify for I9305 users this toolkit states full support for our device but just be aware it cannot communicate in Qualcomm Diag Mode so backing up EFS on its own is not amicable. Please still use the QPST method to backup NV Items and EFS area of the device.

For anything else then this toolkit is the biz although I write my own tools!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I will add some information to the first post thanks for reminding me

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #26  
Flag Ottawa, Canada

9 posts
More
Quick question...

It says at the top that this is not to be used with the snapdragon version, as this will result in soft brick. Awesome. Dont want that. Problem is... I found this thread in the 19305 sub forum, Which should be the Snapdragon Dual Core LTE sub forum if im not mistaken (If I am, please point me in the right direction )

So having found this here, Im to assume it works for my phone till someone says otherwise, which you did, so I selected the link a little further down labeled "International 19305 support thread" and it opened up a new tab, with the exact same page in it. You can see how I might be a little more than confused here.

My phone is Rogers Galaxy SIII SGH - 1747M LTE
10th November 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 115

451 posts
More
Successfully rooted my device, very good tool with well written steps
Thank you Mark, will donate for this surely:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium
12th November 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #28  
Flag Norfolk

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnMacTM

Quick question...

It says at the top that this is not to be used with the snapdragon version, as this will result in soft brick. Awesome. Dont want that. Problem is... I found this thread in the 19305 sub forum, Which should be the Snapdragon Dual Core LTE sub forum if im not mistaken (If I am, please point me in the right direction )

So having found this here, Im to assume it works for my phone till someone says otherwise, which you did, so I selected the link a little further down labeled "International 19305 support thread" and it opened up a new tab, with the exact same page in it. You can see how I might be a little more than confused here.

My phone is Rogers Galaxy SIII SGH - 1747M LTE

The GT-I9305 has a quad core Exynos processor with a qualcom lte chip (if im not mistaken) which puts it in the same class as the International GT-I9300, which is why they have been put together.

Unless im mistaken (again) your phone is a Canadian version since you stated Rogers. This means it has the dual core Snapdragon processor so you need to be using the S3 Snapdragon Toolkit and NOT the International version.

Support for Rogers is by selecting option 9 in the initial Model Selection screen. At present there is only support for 4.0.4 builds but as I am typing I am updating the whole Toolkit for the latest builds available, well not at the same time but you know what I mean

It should be finished in the next 2 days.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th November 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #29  
Flag Ottawa, Canada

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

The GT-I9305 has a quad core Exynos processor with a qualcom lte chip (if im not mistaken) which puts it in the same class as the International GT-I9300, which is why they have been put together.

Unless im mistaken (again) your phone is a Canadian version since you stated Rogers. This means it has the dual core Snapdragon processor so you need to be using the S3 Snapdragon Toolkit and NOT the International version.

Support for Rogers is by selecting option 9 in the initial Model Selection screen. At present there is only support for 4.0.4 builds but as I am typing I am updating the whole Toolkit for the latest builds available, well not at the same time but you know what I mean

It should be finished in the next 2 days.

Mark.

Thanks a bunch dude, you definitely cleared that up for me. Glad that I waited for an answer haha
12th November 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 6

45 posts
Great work!

Thank you so much for this.

Followed the steps and now finally have a Rooted S3!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy S III I9305 (4G LTE + 2GB RAM) Android Development by ThreadRank