Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 43,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TESTING ONLY][4.4.2][Stock][Samsung][N7105 Port]JarmezPort CODENAME ROCKYROAD

Tip us?

Jarmezrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaz03 View Post
Jarmez , why not to try an ArchiPort Port (yes it'd be a port of a port but maybe easier) from the I9300?
Hey Azz,

Unfortunately what you have suggested is actually 10 x harder than you might think. I've been there and done that already sometime ago when I ported ELKC from I9300 to I9305 and I vowed I will never do it again; at the time Ausdim managed to get the firmware working properly where it would maintain signal much better than the firmware I was working on so I abandoned it. Put simply porting ANY I9300 firmware is NOT a straight forward process at all. We are talking two different types of chipsets. Archiport is a port of the Note 2 Kitkat firmware N7100. It makes sense to port N7105 Note 2 firmware to I9305 as they are similar chipsets just like I9300 is similar chipset to N7100.

I have been extremely busy relocating my mate's workshop (hotrods, classic restorations and custom high performance cars) and have been working from 10am to 4am most days and then catching up sleep every few days; yesterday I slept 22 hours after doing 38 hours straight . In between all of that I have got my PC working, and been applying for jobs where I can. Aside from all of that rubbish I have realised that I really really want to get 4.4 working for the I9305 just because 4.3 Android battery life just plain sux! I hate it. I would have to say that even with the most tweaks and mods I can possibly try it still chews through battery more than any other firmware before it. I am reluctantly thinking of rolling back to 4.1.2 until I can get 4.4 working somehow?

I will try post in here when I can but I am going to be busy for the next month I think. On a total side note to Android, I am very excited that I will soon be able to work on RX7 build car I cant wait!
"Hey! What is this?" \_(ツ)_/

help find a cure for Narcolepsy
donations to this cause do not come directly to me, they are
anonymous but please tell me so I can give you thanks

Freeddi
Old
Thanks Meter 57
When i flash this Rom, will it boot and work fine?

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeddi View Post
When i flash this Rom, will it boot and work fine?
No its not booting, the kernel needs to be modified to work with i9305
Rom: Amcha Rom v6.10 - 4.3 JB
Modem: XXUENE2
Recovery: Philz touch 6.48.4

Show your appreciation and hit the button if anyone or I helped you out in any way !!

- ODIN guide for Samsung smartphones

Freeddi
Old
Thanks Meter 57
OK Thanks. A Stock Kernel from i9305 will not work?

I am a Noob and have no knowledge, its only a Question. Please not laugh

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeddi View Post
OK Thanks. A Stock Kernel from i9305 will not work?

I am a Noob and have no knowledge, its only a Question. Please not laugh
No will not work, needs to be modified to work with 4.4.2 kitkat OS

not laughing -_- see..
Rom: Amcha Rom v6.10 - 4.3 JB
Modem: XXUENE2
Recovery: Philz touch 6.48.4

Show your appreciation and hit the button if anyone or I helped you out in any way !!

- ODIN guide for Samsung smartphones

Flockrock
Old
Thanks Meter 8
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9301I

maybe port this if possible

aaz03
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flockrock View Post
S3 Neo = qualcomm
S3 LTE = Samsung EXYNOS

You can give up this idea
I9305 SIII LTE
AGNi Kernel 2.8.0
C-Rom 7.1 Kitkat 4.4.4
Ultimate combo: ART + All F2FS
Don't forget to hit thanks if i helped you

Flockrock
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaz03 View Post
S3 Neo = qualcomm
S3 LTE = Samsung EXYNOS

You can give up this idea
ah, I thought they just have a different amount of ram

Lo-P
Old
Thanks Meter 158

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmezrocks View Post
Hey Azz,

Unfortunately what you have suggested is actually 10 x harder than you might think. I've been there and done that already sometime ago when I ported ELKC from I9300 to I9305 and I vowed I will never do it again; at the time Ausdim managed to get the firmware working properly where it would maintain signal much better than the firmware I was working on so I abandoned it. Put simply porting ANY I9300 firmware is NOT a straight forward process at all. We are talking two different types of chipsets. Archiport is a port of the Note 2 Kitkat firmware N7100. It makes sense to port N7105 Note 2 firmware to I9305 as they are similar chipsets just like I9300 is similar chipset to N7100.

I have been extremely busy relocating my mate's workshop (hotrods, classic restorations and custom high performance cars) and have been working from 10am to 4am most days and then catching up sleep every few days; yesterday I slept 22 hours after doing 38 hours straight . In between all of that I have got my PC working, and been applying for jobs where I can. Aside from all of that rubbish I have realised that I really really want to get 4.4 working for the I9305 just because 4.3 Android battery life just plain sux! I hate it. I would have to say that even with the most tweaks and mods I can possibly try it still chews through battery more than any other firmware before it. I am reluctantly thinking of rolling back to 4.1.2 until I can get 4.4 working somehow?

I will try post in here when I can but I am going to be busy for the next month I think. On a total side note to Android, I am very excited that I will soon be able to work on RX7 build car I cant wait!
I really like the way you want it to make it works.
Just don't brick your device again!!
Did you try Cm11 kernel?
Good luck
Proud user of Samsung Galaxy S3 4G, MIUI lover & porter.

- MIUI 4.6.13 Stablest, battery saving, multilanguage and LTE ROM

If you like my work which taking me long time to do, you can donate if you want!