Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: New OP
NetRolller 3D 4 28.57%
evilracer123 3 21.43%
kenar2 5 35.71%
psndna88 2 14.29%
shucrut 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[4.4.2][Stock][Samsung][N7105 Port][OLD ROCKYROAD][11-08-2014]Community ROM V1.1

OP sonyc2011

28th September 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #1061  
djb77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag NSW
Thanks Meter: 1,687
 
1,652 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenar2

Try use ramdisk without any modification, if it'll boot and wifi will not work on your old bootloader, then try use also wifi modules from 4.3 ramdisk (dhd.ko and another one , I don't remember name).

Try install towell root, then su from market, if it then allow install Apks then you will see all changes in the system and you can use important files.

Edit: also open SU apk and apply binary files, then are changes to see.

No luck unfortunately, black screen
I tried just replacing the zimage file from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 and also the whole split_img folder, black screen on both atempts[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Just tried the 4.3 as well and it failed
28th September 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #1062  
kenar2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Czech Republic
Thanks Meter: 913
 
588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
That's a pity
Last idea is use Stock kernel and heck build.prop if is there this line ro.securestorage.support=true, if yes change it to ro.securestorage.support=false . If there isn't try add it.
28th September 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #1063  
djb77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag NSW
Thanks Meter: 1,687
 
1,652 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenar2

That's a pity
Last idea is use Stock kernel and heck build.prop if is there this line ro.securestorage.support=true, if yes change it to ro.securestorage.support=false . If there isn't try add it.

Added it, nothing still I shouldn't have needed to wipe anything with that change right?
28th September 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #1064  
kenar2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Czech Republic
Thanks Meter: 913
 
588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
You can try it, but probably we have to wait for kernel builded from new source codes.
28th September 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #1065  
djb77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag NSW
Thanks Meter: 1,687
 
1,652 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenar2

You can try it, but probably we have to wait for kernel builded from new source codes.

I'm thinking that's going to be the case
29th September 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #1066  
FLooDW's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 498
 
723 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpriot

I really want to figure out what's going on with the mdm_hsic_pm0" wakelock issue.... I've read everything on this GN2 thread.
EDIT : I'm also back to TGP v11.30 in order to compare and to find the culprit of this WL on 4.3 and 4.4 ROMs.

Any new ideas about this mdm_hsic_pm0 wakelock which sometimes wakes our phone 90 to 100 % of the time ? Are you affected by this issue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpriot

If this wakelock happens because of too much data transfer, why can't we stop it or instance with airplane mode ?
The only way we found is to reboot the phone. Indeed I've tried to stop one by one each running process while the WL occurs but still this mdm WL.
I've read my logs but no luck.
With TGP v11.30 (Android 4.1.2) and with the same apps and exactly the same usage, I have not this mdm_hsic_pm0 WL ATM. Will report later.

@painball
Tested and confirmed after 11 days of usage, I never had any of this mdm_hsic_pm0 wakelock with TW Custom ROM Android 4.1.2 (TGP v11.30 with stock kernel OR boeffla kernel).
With Custom ROM based on Android 4.4.2 "Community ROM" or previously with TW Custom ROM Android 4.3, I had this wakelock few times a week.
Now I think I give up and stay with JB 4.1.2, except if someone is interested and have an idea to track this issue.
29th September 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #1067  
Member
Sparta
Thanks Meter: 16
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpriot

@painball
Tested and confirmed after 11 days of usage, I never had any of this mdm_hsic_pm0 wakelock with TW Custom ROM Android 4.1.2 (TGP v11.30 with stock kernel OR boeffla kernel).
With Custom ROM based on Android 4.4.2 "Community ROM" or previously with TW Custom ROM Android 4.3, I had this wakelock few times a week.
Now I think I give up and stay with JB 4.1.2, except if someone is interested and have an idea to track this issue.

Bug has been removed in latest official 4.4.4 build. I'm waiting for custom TGP build on it;p

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9305 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
29th September 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #1068  
FLooDW's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 498
 
723 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by painball

Bug has been removed in latest official 4.4.4 build. I'm waiting for custom TGP build on it;p

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9305 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Do you have the source please ? A changelog ? Or is it based on your own experience of the official release ?
Last edited by FLooDW; 29th September 2014 at 01:03 PM.
29th September 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #1069  
Member
Sparta
Thanks Meter: 16
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2886807

I'm on old Bootloader so I'm not using it. But it's hardly tested on my national community forum and it's confirmed. Wakelock is not stucking anymore

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9305 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to painball For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes