[S5 ROMs] Glamour vs. Blekota vs. Sensation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

obdan_van_darg

Sep 13, 2012
Since the release of the first S5 transformation ROM people are wondering which one they should choose. And while other custom roms try to achieve very different goals, the S5 transformation ROMs are all trying to do the same: bring as much look, feel AND functionality from the original S5 to our beloved S3. Therefore it's much more difficult to distinguish the differences and to make a recommendation.

I wish that these 3 brilliant developers would build a team to develop one ultimate ROM, but since I don't believe that we'll see this in the near future, I desided to open this new thread to help the undecided ones finding the best choice.

Goals of this thread:

I'd like to read the experiences you had with one or more of the 3 ROMs. Let's help everyone who has no clue which one of this ROMs is the best for him.

Guidelines:
  • Keep it simple and only about what it does or doesn't do.
  • Always keep in mind that these ROMs aim to transform your S3 as good as possible into an S5. So please don't talk about features you would like to see that aren't supported by the original S5.
  • Don't rate things bad because you don't like how they work (for example recents button) although that's exactly how the S5 works.
  • Remain objective. Only rate the product, not the update frequency, not how polite the developer answers your questions etc.
  • Write more than on line. "Great ROM" or "I don't like it" doesn't help anyone.
  • Keep it up to date. Don't talk about how bad V4 of a ROM is if the current release is V8 (at the time I open this thread the current versions are: Blekota V7.0, Sensation V6.0, Glamour V7.0 or if you're one of the lucky beta testers V8.0).
  • And of course: please respect each other. Everyone has his one opinion. What you think is great could be terrible for another. Just tell what you think. No insults or harsh criticism

Original threads:

Glamour
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/rom-glamours5-s3-touch-s5-version-7-0-t2258723

Sensation
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/rom-s5-sensation-rom-v3-1-t2759425

Blekota
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/rom-blekota-s5-lite-beta-4-5-1-t2752331

OK. So now, let's do it!

Last edited:

obdan_van_darg

Sep 13, 2012
OK guys, that's not what this thread is about. Please write more than one line. Be more detailed about what exactly you like, for example what kernel you use etc.

Mrtron

Jun 25, 2010
Blekota s5 , fast rom and my gear fit clock is working fine. But sometimes low RAM

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Mod Edit

I can see this turning into a "Best ROM" thread.

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

malybru
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit

I can see this turning into a "Best ROM" thread.

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
    Please test these things for yourself.
    This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Since the release of the first S5 transformation ROM people are wondering which one they should choose. And while other custom roms try to achieve very different goals, the S5 transformation ROMs are all trying to do the same: bring as much look, feel AND functionality from the original S5 to our beloved S3. Therefore it's much more difficult to distinguish the differences and to make a recommendation.

I wish that these 3 brilliant developers would build a team to develop one ultimate ROM, but since I don't believe that we'll see this in the near future, I desided to open this new thread to help the undecided ones finding the best choice.

Goals of this thread:

I'd like to read the experiences you had with one or more of the 3 ROMs. Let's help everyone who has no clue which one of this ROMs is the best for him.

Guidelines:
    • Keep it simple and only about what it does or doesn't do.
    • Always keep in mind that these ROMs aim to transform your S3 as good as possible into an S5. So please don't talk about features you would like to see that aren't supported by the original S5.
    • Don't rate things bad because you don't like how they work (for example recents button) although that's exactly how the S5 works.
    • Remain objective. Only rate the product, not the update frequency, not how polite the developer answers your questions etc.
    • Write more than on line. "Great ROM" or "I don't like it" doesn't help anyone.
    • Keep it up to date. Don't talk about how bad V4 of a ROM is if the current release is V8 (at the time I open this thread the current versions are: Blekota V7.0, Sensation V6.0, Glamour V7.0 or if you're one of the lucky beta testers V8.0).
    • And of course: please respect each other. Everyone has his one opinion. What you think is great could be terrible for another. Just tell what you think. No insults or harsh criticism

Original threads:

Glamour
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/rom-glamours5-s3-touch-s5-version-7-0-t2258723

Sensation
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/rom-s5-sensation-rom-v3-1-t2759425

Blekota
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/rom-blekota-s5-lite-beta-4-5-1-t2752331

OK. So now, let's do it!
    This thread is a good idea but was posted in the wrong section I fear. This should be moved to the I9300 general section. I'm sure this will be done by a mod next time.