[FIX][i9300][26/10/2013]Camera stopped working, error on Samsung based ROMs

OP Gorgtech

26th October 2013, 11:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 755

674 posts
More
I want to offer you a little fix for those of you who actually experience this problem. On some Samsung based ROMs, some people complain about not working cameras, no matter how often they tried to install a ROM after several wipes. This error may occur in case your camera uses a different firmware.

Most people however wonīt experience this error.

Iīve created a little Fix which is actually very easy to apply as a flashable zip. It was intended to be used with my Samsung Galaxy S3 ROM, it may also work with every other Samsung based ROM

Here is the link: Camera Fix for Samsung based ROMs
Simply install this file through your custom recovery

Just in case this patch should not work for everyone, leave me a comment and Iīll see what I can do
Last edited by Gorgtech; 26th October 2013 at 11:40 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gorgtech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th October 2013, 05:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 634

4,358 posts
More
What does it do?

Sent from my CM10.3 Galaxy S3.
26th October 2013, 06:00 PM   |  #3  
Flag Nuremberg

674 posts
More
This fix includes one missing binary which some specific cameras require in order to be able to be used.

If you donīt have any trouble starting the camera app, using the camera, you donīt need to flash this zip Even if everything works fine and you do install this fix, it wouldnīt harm your system

Quote:
Originally Posted by habylab

What does it do?

Sent from my CM10.3 Galaxy S3.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gorgtech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2013, 03:11 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
just flashed it, doesn`t work for me unfortunately.

i have this problem you told of since a very long time and i really can't get rid of it. makes me fckn sick. i could cry on and on.

what else is possible to do? every litte hint is very much appreciated.
27th October 2013, 04:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Nuremberg

674 posts
More
There are more binaries available, the one I included is a more common one. Samsung uses 2 different cameras ( Sony or Samsung ).

Does your camera work 100% with a Stock ROM ? If so, have a closer look in /data/cfw and show me what you find inside ( eg. SlimISP_xx.bin ).

Flash a Stock Firmware, make sure to copy the file and add it here as a zip file. By installing custom ROMs, your cfw folder will be empty most the time if these files are not added by the ROM itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.ott

just flashed it, doesn`t work for me unfortunately.

i have this problem you told of since a very long time and i really can't get rid of it. makes me fckn sick. i could cry on and on.

what else is possible to do? every litte hint is very much appreciated.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gorgtech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2013, 06:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 182

511 posts
Donate to Me
More
If that fix not help you can maybe make a camera fw upgrade.

[tapatalk]printed, scanned and faxed...[/tapatalk]
Last edited by dkionline; 27th October 2013 at 06:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dkionline For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2013, 10:14 PM   |  #7  

15 posts
hi guys,

thx a lot for your words. here is what i've done:

i just flashed a stock rom and the camera works. then i installed cf root and root explorer but /data/cfw is an empty folder. so i can`t copy anything here.

with the custom rom and the cam not working i had a file like SlimlSp00.bin (or something similar) in this particular folder but not now.

what to do now or did i misunderstand something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgtech

There are more binaries available, the one I included is a more common one. Samsung uses 2 different cameras ( Sony or Samsung ).

Does your camera work 100% with a Stock ROM ? If so, have a closer look in /data/cfw and show me what you find inside ( eg. SlimISP_xx.bin ).

Flash a Stock Firmware, make sure to copy the file and add it here as a zip file. By installing custom ROMs, your cfw folder will be empty most the time if these files are not added by the ROM itself.

28th October 2013, 10:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag Nuremberg

674 posts
More
Just out of curiosity, did you try to remove this file ? Maybe your camera tries to load this binary though itīs not suitable for your model. You can try to create a different folder and first copy the found bin ( just to have a spare copy ), remove SlimlSpxxx out of your data/cfw folder.

Wipe your Dalvik Cache and restart the ROM

Quote:

hi guys,

thx a lot for your words. here is what i've done:

i just flashed a stock rom and the camera works. then i installed cf root and root explorer but /data/cfw is an empty folder. so i can`t copy anything here.

with the custom rom and the cam not working i had a file like SlimlSp00.bin (or something similar) in this particular folder but not now.

what to do now or did i misunderstand something?

The Following User Says Thank You to Gorgtech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2013, 11:00 PM   |  #9  

15 posts
this idea didn't come up of course

but i just tested it. i already had my custom rom backup restored. i moved the SlimlSP_BH.bin to my ext sd, so that /data/cfw was empty, rebooted to recovery, wiped dalvik and it doesn't worked. second try i wiped cache and dalvik and it also doesn`t work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgtech

Just out of curiosity, did you try to remove this file ? Maybe your camera tries to load this binary though itīs not suitable for your model. You can try to create a different folder and first copy the found bin ( just to have a spare copy ), remove SlimlSpxxx out of your data/cfw folder.

Wipe your Dalvik Cache and restart the ROM

28th October 2013, 11:08 PM   |  #10  
Flag Nuremberg

674 posts
More
If your camera doesnīt work with this binary, you may need another one..and there are lots of them to try but you have to chose one which is suitable for a Sony or a Samsung camera Well, there is a easier way out if you try to upgrade your camera firmware.

Before we proceed, I need some details first, which type of camera you have in order to pick up a suitable binary.

1) Dial *#34971539#
2) pick up this option: "Phone/Cam FW Check"
3) Show me what you see
4) Chose this option: "Phone/Cam FW Write"

A short explanation :

GDxxx = Sony

ZFxxx = Samsung

Quote:

this idea didn't come up of course

but i just tested it. i already had my custom rom backup restored. i moved the SlimlSP_BH.bin to my ext sd, so that /data/cfw was empty, rebooted to recovery, wiped dalvik and it doesn't worked. second try i wiped cache and dalvik and it also doesn`t work.

Last edited by Gorgtech; 28th October 2013 at 11:13 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gorgtech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix, i9300, samsung galaxy s3 camera stopped working, solved
Previous Thread Next Thread