[GUIDE][REPARTITION] Get extra 1.5 GB (2.4 GB for AOSP users) on user data!

OP forumber2

2nd October 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 8

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Vyp|

You would probably get an error since there wouldn't be enough space for AD's aroma to make a hardswap space bigger than the partition itself. If the error misses out then it would simply refuse to work.

P.S. Which one did you flash? I'm using AD also, but without hardswap and the AOSP version from the OP wasn't enough so I've made my own with 800MB /system.

I used the first zip, intented to be compatible with sammy ports I suppose (As sometimes I need the MHL feature for work and have to flash a sammy port till finished, have to try), straight after flashed AD 2.5.2 without hardswap;
Personnaly, I did not notice a great performance increase when using hardswap as AOSP ROMs already make good use of RAM and in any way far better than samsung do with their own devices !

BTW, is it that simple to change partition sizes: just change the update binary shell script by using starting and ending points of each partition ?
(Eg: for sammy zip, there are 1805-193=1612 MB for system which I suppose to be too much for ports)
3rd October 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 150

403 posts
More
Editing is easy just like you said. I used notepad++.
11th October 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #93  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 39

389 posts
Hey man Forumber good jobs

HTC One_M8 Forum Runner
Last edited by cobramax; 11th October 2014 at 08:21 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread