FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE][REPARTITION] Get extra 1.5 GB (2.4 GB for AOSP users) on user data!

16th February 2015, 05:34 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 678

Donate to Me
More
If i understand right i have to wipe my whole device (system,int storage etc.) if i want to go from a touchwiz based rom to a (lollipop) aosp rom??
Can anyone confirm this??

22nd February 2015, 01:39 AM |#122  
Flag Cirebon
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Works flawlessly... :thumbup:
Thanks @forumber2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1424569105802.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	3177603  
23rd February 2015, 09:52 AM |#123  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 588

Donate to Me
More
I edited repart_16GB_GT-I9300_CWM_AOSPv2.zip for 500mb system partition in past and it worked perfectly for me. Recently I had to increase the space for system so I could flash lollipop on my s3.

However after I flashed repart_16GB_GT-I9300_CWM_AOSPv2.zip to make my system partition 700mb and clean data partition and flash lollipop rom, I am getting "Encryption Unsuccessful" error message as shown in screenshot.

I am getting the same error message flashing any CM rom or restoring my backup.

Resetting phone doesn't help either as same message appears again, factory resetting through recovery doesn't help either. If I flash stock rom again using provided pit file through odin I am able to restore my backup and use my phone normally but the same error messages returns if I repartition my phone to any different size than stock size.

So currently I am back to stock size by flashing pit and stock rom and then restored my CM11 backup.

Can you guys suggest me what's wrong and how to fix this?

P.S. - One thing to mention here that after I flash the repartition zip and phone rebooted to recovery after that I clear all partitions except data cause I was getting mounting errors for data and I simply flash a rom and rebooted my device. Phone stuck at boot animation so I went to download mode and flash stock rom with provided pit file to revive my s3.

Also please note that I didn't do anything related to Encryption to enable or disable it.

Thanks.
Last edited by nicesoni_ash; 24th February 2015 at 08:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nicesoni_ash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2015, 08:01 AM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesoni_ash

I edited repart_16GB_GT-I9300_CWM_AOSPv2.zip for 500mb system partition in past and it worked perfectly for me. Recently I had to increase the space for system so I could flash lollipop on my s3.

However after I flashed repart_16GB_GT-I9300_CWM_AOSPv2.zip to make my system partition 700mb and clean data partition and flash lollipop rom, I am getting "Encryption Unsuccessful" error message as shown in screenshot.

I am getting the same error message flashing any CM rom or restoring my backup.

Resetting phone doesn't help either as same message appears again, factory resetting through recovery doesn't help either. If I flash stock rom again using provided pit file through odin I am able to restore my backup and use my phone normally but the same error messages returns if I repartition my phone to any different size than stock size.

So currently I am back to stock size by flashing pit and stock rom and then restored my CM11 backup.

Can you guys suggest me what's wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks.

Go back to stock partition using official PIT file and using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=2

Then go ahead and repartition again.
24th February 2015, 08:16 AM |#125  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 588

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GauharJK

Go back to stock partition using official PIT file and using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=2

Then go ahead and repartition again.

Already done that, please read my post again. I am getting encryption error and phone stuck at that screen.
28th February 2015, 09:32 AM |#126  
palermo
Thanks Meter: 28

More
can i do this on i9305?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread