Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KERNEL] [AOSP/Samsung/Ports] [Linaro 4.9.2] [24/12/14] ArchiKernel V1.7.1 | BEAST

OP JustArchi

Today, 05:08 AM   |  #1811  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 27,691

7,456 posts
Donate to Me
More
Due to EOL (end of life) for I9300, we, with @Moster2 decided that AK must be rebased on top of recent Sammy sources, N7100.

This will allow us to still provide "bleeding edge" and further development, also will increase compatibility with LP.

I'd still want to keep compatibility with CM11, so I'll try to make this kernel universal as AK is now.

This is scheduled for 2.0 release, no ETA yet. We're just about to begin working on it.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 05:35 AM   |  #1812  
Flag Somewhere in Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 491

2,017 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

Due to EOL (end of life) for I9300, we, with @Moster2 decided that AK must be rebased on top of recent Sammy sources, N7100.

This will allow us to still provide "bleeding edge" and further development, also will increase compatibility with LP.

I'd still want to keep compatibility with CM11, so I'll try to make this kernel universal as AK is now.

This is scheduled for 2.0 release, no ETA yet. We're just about to begin working on it.

Great news. Thanks all of you for your work and dedication.
Today, 06:23 AM   |  #1813  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 4,808

1,167 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

There is S3 variant - e210s which is not "yet" EOL.. While I see no problem basing on N7100, I think it's more reasonable to base it on S3 source :P

Of course it "may" go different then N7100 gets its LP treatment from Samsung..

Sent from my SHV-E330S using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to arter97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 06:25 AM   |  #1814  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 27,691

7,456 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arter97

There is S3 variant - e210s which is not "yet" EOL.. While I see no problem basing on N7100, I think it's more reasonable to base it on S3 source :P

Of course it "may" go different then N7100 gets its LP treatment from Samsung..

Sent from my SHV-E330S using XDA Free mobile app

This is one of the reasons we want to base it on N7100. While we don't care that much if N7100 gets LP or not, these two devices are nearly identical, also in terms of RIL stuff (3G).

The second reason is that Nameless followed the same path.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread