5,595,760 Members 39,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][CM10.1][31/12] Multiuser Mod

Tip us?
 
charsleysa
Old
(Last edited by charsleysa; 19th January 2013 at 09:41 AM.) Reason: Updated Mod / New Information found
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 24
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Palmerston North
Location [MOD][CM10.1][31/12] Multiuser Mod

Hey guys!

I was just curious if this could be done and apparently it can so I'm just sharing the apk here.
It basically does what the title says, it enables multiple users on the Samsung I9300.
This apk was made from the latest nightly build of CM10.1 for the I9300.

UPDATE 19/01:
I have updated framework-res.apk using the 2013/01/18 nightly build of CM10.1
Changed ROM to ParanoidAndroid. framework-res.apk
Changing the theme will cause the phone to crash when switching users. Reason unknown.

UPDATE 31/12:
I have created a flashable zip file that works with ClockWorkMod, though its untested as I haven't had time.
I have also uploaded new screenshots. Another update will be coming soon with an updated CM10.1

UPDATE 28/12:
I have updated the framework-res.apk using the CM10.1 nightly build.
With this update comes a restyled Lockscreen that will look nicer.
You may notice that it also doesn't interfere with widgets anymore.

PLEASE NOTE: This mod only works on Android 4.2 and higher! This mod has only been tested on Cyanogenmod 10.1!

Cheers!

Screenshots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-30-22-07-20.jpg
Views:	3089
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1603377Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-30-22-07-34.jpg
Views:	2779
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1603381Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-30-22-26-17.jpg
Views:	2769
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	1603382Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-30-22-08-06.jpg
Views:	2693
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1603383Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-24-04-15-57.jpg
Views:	3546
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1586212Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-24-04-16-06.jpg
Views:	3288
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1586213
Attached Files
File Type: zip multiuser_mod.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.77 MB, 1072 views)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to charsleysa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
qvnsq
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 121
Join Date: Dec 2012
so it only work on the CM build
[Iphone 3,4, I777, I9100, N7000, I9300, I337]
Current:
I9500 ( 4.3 )
 
charsleysa
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 24
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Palmerston North
Quote:
Originally Posted by qvnsq View Post
so it only work on the CM build
I have only tested it with CM but it may work on other 4.2 roms, though I doubt it.
 
123shree
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 123
Posts: 418
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mysore, Karnataka
Which CM nightly did you try it on?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
 
charsleysa
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 24
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Palmerston North
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123shree View Post
Which CM nightly did you try it on?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
the 2012-12-21 nightly build
http://get.cm/get/5oQ
The Following User Says Thank You to charsleysa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
qvnsq
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 121
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by charsleysa View Post
I have only tested it with CM but it may work on other 4.2 roms, though I doubt it.
tried on the 4.1.2 giving me bootloop, guess this working on CM only
[Iphone 3,4, I777, I9100, N7000, I9300, I337]
Current:
I9500 ( 4.3 )
 
charsleysa
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 24
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Palmerston North
Quote:
Originally Posted by qvnsq View Post
tried on the 4.1.2 giving me bootloop, guess this working on CM only
As I've said before Android 4.2 ROMS only.
 
Jaskaran498
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 565
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ludhiana
Well...
if this mod allows multiple users like windows accounts, then there is another app on market called "switch me users root". It allows us to do everything.
I am not spamming this thread but i want to know what are its advantages and features over the app as mod looke interesting and i dont want to reply on an app. This mod will be great for me.
 
charsleysa
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 24
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Palmerston North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskaran498 View Post
Well...
if this mod allows multiple users like windows accounts, then there is another app on market called "switch me users root". It allows us to do everything.
I am not spamming this thread but i want to know what are its advantages and features over the app as mod looke interesting and i dont want to reply on an app. This mod will be great for me.
I'm sorry but I couldn't find an app with that exact name, though I found one called SwitchMe Multiple Accounts (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....apps.switchme).

If you examine it carefully its not actually multi-user, it pretends to be by saying different people are logged in but all users can access each others files.

This mod enables the Google-built multi-user environment on your Samsung I9300 which is true multi-user by allowing each user to have their own apps, settings and files separated from one another. (http://www.android.com/whatsnew/ its a tablet feature enabled on a phone.)

I hope this clears things up!
Cheers!
 
Jaskaran498
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 565
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ludhiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by charsleysa View Post
I'm sorry but I couldn't find an app with that exact name, though I found one called SwitchMe Multiple Accounts (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....apps.switchme).

If you examine it carefully its not actually multi-user, it pretends to be by saying different people are logged in but all users can access each others files.

This mod enables the Google-built multi-user environment on your Samsung I9300 which is true multi-user by allowing each user to have their own apps, settings and files separated from one another. (http://www.android.com/whatsnew/ its a tablet feature enabled on a phone.)

I hope this clears things up!
Cheers!
Okay thanks.
Great mod buddy .
Sorry i misspelled the app a little...
But great mod.
And its amazing to see that such mod has no bugs!
Has password system? I want full privacy (nevermind what you think , thats not the case)

Tags
cm10.1, i9300, mod, multi, user
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes