THIS KERNEL IS ONLY FOR THE GT-I9300 AND ANDROID 4.3 (SAMSUNG) !
This is a pure LITE, STOCK WAY & STABLE kernel with MINIMAL features.
Many of you knows my Android 4.1.2 LiteGX kernel, here is the 4.3 version !
My goal is to offer a slight modification of our Samsung stock kernel's, with few features, aiming a better battery life than stock without affecting any drain.
This is a kernel "plug-and-play" or I would say more "flash-and-play". No need for tools or apps to configure the kernel. This is the way I wanted it. A bit like speedmod kernel did.
Unfortunately, I'am not a developer but just a basic person with some android/linux knowledge already.
My dream was one day to create my own kernel, and thanks to great developers that answered my many questions, this dream has been possible. I'am very happy and proud to share my first ever kernel to everybody here.
It must be only flashed over an official Samsung ROM and not AOSP/AOKP !
Feel free to include my kernel to your ROMs / Threads but please don't forget to inform/ask first via PM and credit me in your original thread.
★ FEATURES (up-to-date) ★ :Base :
- Directly based on "GT-I9300_JB_Opensource_Update13" (XXUGMK6) JellyBean Android 4.3 source from Samsung (for clean work and stability).
- Compiled with stock android ARM EABI (v4.4.3) toolchain.
- Ramdisk from XXUGNA7.
- ZZMoove (v0.7d) governor (added). [PROFILES INCLUDED! grab them into SCRIPTS section].
- smartassV2 governor (added).
- Enabled all other stock governors ("adaptive", "conservative", "interactive").
- ROW (v4) optimized and as only I/O scheduler.
- Wolfson Boeffla Sound (v1.6.5 drivers) compatibility.
- hardcore mDNIe tweaks (for better colors + sharpness fix for better readability).
- Touch-to-Wake (v1.1a) (but disabled by default). [PROFILES INCLUDED! grab them into SCRIPTS section].
- USB charging increased (to 900mA instead of 475 by default).
- Allow manual brightness to 300 candela.
- init.d support.
- BusyBox v1.22.1 included in case of need (located in /sbin).
- CRT-off effect friendly (early_suspend set to 100ms).
- Native ExFAT support.
- Native xbox controller support.
- TriangleAway support.
- Optimized ARM CPU topology.
- "GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS" disabled.
- "ARCH_POWER" enabled.
- "SCHED_MC" added. [PROFILES INCLUDED! grab them into SCRIPTS section].
- ROW scheduler & blk-core tweaks.
- "Westwood", "HTCP" and "BIC" TCP congestion control modules added. [PROFILES INCLUDED! grab them into SCRIPTS section].
- Reduced WiFi wakelock.
- Disabled multicast on suspend.
- Proportional rate reduction for TCP.
- Higher random entropy.
- Doubled min-max ReadAhead.
- CRC disabled.
- USB OTG enabled.
- "Samsung Rooting Restriction Feature" removed.
- Fully compressed libs ".ko" modules.
- Automatic dalvik-cache wiping in kernel flashing procedure.
- Android logger disabled.
- Various debugging for certain modules.
- Disabled kernel debugging : Samsung / sec_log / last_kmsg / touchscreen / modem / max77686 / sec_watchdog.
Features that will NEVER be included in this kernel :
- Overclock / Underclock / Undervolt.
- LED control.
- Charge control.
- Master sequence (screen calibrated).
- ABB (Adaptive Body Bias).
- Any upgrade of Linux kernel 3.0.XX.
- STweaks compatibility.
- Dual-Boot Sammy/AOSP.
- CyanogenMod compatibility.
- MIUI compatibility.
★ PREREQUISITE ★ :
- Any odexed or deodexed international I9300 Samsung 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM.
- A custom recovery (CWM recommanded) to flash the kernel.
- Be sure to remove any of your init.d scripts which can meet conflicts with ones I provide.
★ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ★ :
- Do I need to flash any cleaner script before flashing this kernel ? :
> If your previous custom kernel dev provided a cleaner script, then you can flash it before flashing mine.
- How can I customize this kernel ? :
> Mainly with ZZMoove/zRam profiles (grab them below) and with TricksterMOD / SetCPU apps.
- What is zRam and his pros/cons ? :
> Check THIS interesting answer from @Yank555.
- Which zRam script should I choose ? :
> Check THIS interesting answer still from @Yank555.
- How to check if flashed zRam script is really currently in use ? :
> You can check it directly by using "cat /proc/swaps" or "free" shell commands via a terminal.
- What does the LiteGX cleaner script ? :
> It deletes all ZZMoove/zRam profiles that you flashed after this kernel. So you can go in another kernel safely. It don't removes anything else since this kernel is pure stock based and don't add any files/folders that need to be deleted after. This cleaner script will be only efficient in this situation only, it does not clean anything before coming from another kernel to mine.
- Do I need to wipe cache + dalvik each time I flash a new kernel version ? :
> Nope. Moreover dalvik cache is already wiped automatically during flashing procedure.
- Do I really need to flash any profiles/scripts ? :
> Definitely not. It's user choice to do it.
- Do I need to re-flash ZZMoove ZIP profiles each time I flash a new kernel version ? :
> Nope. It just install an init.d script, so it will be permanent until you delete files from your init.d folder or flash "Cleaner" version which will do this for you.
- Do I need to remove old ZZMoove profiles manually before flashing a new profile ZIP ? :
> Nope. Each ZIP's include an automatic removal of previously used profile.
- My TricksterMOD settings are losed after rebooting ! :
> I won't learn how to use this app but to make short, once you set any value (or modify anything), click the "V" icon at top right to apply new value, then press settings icon of the app (still on top right) and tick kernel parameters option to apply settings at boot.
- Android OS usage is very often at top of my battery stats ! :
> Check THIS interesting thread. Moreover it looks android 4.3 source known related problem, hopefully will be solved in another next source.
- My device is getting hot at load (games) or high usage ! :
> Check THIS interesting answer from @ZaneZam.
- I lost my WiFi connexion ! :
> Be sure to flash an efsV2 modem (XXUGMK6+ minimum).
★ SOURCES ★ :
If you enjoy this kernel, don't forget to rate this thread stars, and clicking the 'thanks' button (right below) is always appreciated to keep this thread maintained