Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 52.0 | Android 4.3 Jelly Bean | High Quality & Performance | I9300XXUGND5 | AROMA

OP mike1986.

13th November 2013, 04:25 PM   |  #17521  
Thanks Meter: 5

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus249

Problem with IMEI is a problem with your EFS partition. You installed a new modem along with the new roms you tried and upgraded your EFS from V1 to V2. If you don't have a backup of your EFS, you are partly screwed.

Read here...

Post #17485 in this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post47139133

i kept getting md5 errors with my backups.

i found a program on youtube and i have now got my IMEI to be correct. ( this made no difference with optus firmware)

i have now put revolution rom back on and installed baseversion 19300XXEMG4 and im back to having 3g data and phone calls but no sms and cant update the centre.
13th November 2013, 05:00 PM   |  #17522  
Thanks Meter: 11

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgutterratx

i kept getting md5 errors with my backups.

i found a program on youtube and i have now got my IMEI to be correct. ( this made no difference with optus firmware)

i have now put revolution rom back on and installed baseversion 19300XXEMG4 and im back to having 3g data and phone calls but no sms and cant update the centre.

Isn't the SMS message centre stored on the sim card? Maybe your sim card is damaged. Have you tried another sim in your phone?
13th November 2013, 09:36 PM   |  #17523  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 71,772

37,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
I need testers for 40.0 on my IRC channel.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mike1986. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 09:42 PM   |  #17524  
Thanks Meter: 6

89 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986.

I need testers for 40.0 on my IRC channel.

happy to help...how do I proceed?
13th November 2013, 09:43 PM   |  #17525  

98 posts
More
can u pleaze help how to restore the imei that i back it up in the aroma installer ??
thanks for all ur help
13th November 2013, 11:26 PM   |  #17526  

75 posts
Quote:

Can you use mobile internet? I needed to call the hotline to send me a config file for my S3 (not with v32 though..) and install it before I was able to use mobile internet. I was on vodafone/globalgossip though, not optus.

And have you checked if you can log on to the carrier at all? if you pull down the status bar and says "emergency calls only" you probably got a ****ed EFS partition.

Quote:

Isn't the SMS message centre stored on the sim card? Maybe your sim card is damaged. Have you tried another sim in your phone?

Same issue with a different sim card. unable to save message centre address.
14th November 2013, 01:26 AM   |  #17527  

100 posts
More
Quote:

Same issue with a different sim card. unable to save message centre address.

Well, then I suppose the device is broken? If you tested different roms, different basebands/modems and different sim cards... well, that just leaves the device itself as the culprit.

And you said you even tried the carrier stock rom. So put that one on and have it replaced. Or go to one of the many optus stores
14th November 2013, 02:34 AM   |  #17528  

75 posts
Quote:

Well, then I suppose the device is broken? If you tested different roms, different basebands/modems and different sim cards... well, that just leaves the device itself as the culprit.

And you said you even tried the carrier stock rom. So put that one on and have it replaced. Or go to one of the many optus stores

don't think im defeated yet !!!

im sure some one else may have some ideas
14th November 2013, 08:45 AM   |  #17529  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 43

935 posts
More
Quote:

don't think im defeated yet !!!

im sure some one else may have some ideas

Only thing that worked when I had this issue was to wipe the device with Philz using the prepare for a nw rom option then install Android Revolution HD v29 to get the modem on to a version that can read the updated EFS format.
14th November 2013, 09:28 AM   |  #17530  

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjasper

Only thing that worked when I had this issue was to wipe the device with Philz using the prepare for a nw rom option then install Android Revolution HD v29 to get the modem on to a version that can read the updated EFS format.

thanks i will give that a try what version of modem should i be running for version 29. and should i install that version of modem before or after i flash the rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.0.4, android revolution hd, samsung galaxy s3 arhd mike1986, sgs3 rom, the best samsung galaxy s3 rom
Previous Thread Next Thread