[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies[sc-06d/d2dcm]-Unofficial

Search This thread

soldave

Apr 23, 2011
www.biginjapan.co
Works fine for me. Screen shot and logcat please. Just post the screen shot and link the logcat

Sent from my SC-06D using Tapatalk

Hopefully this works
Log (taken with syslog) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/nim4j8nszpdqbpa/2013-11-13_19.53.zip

Screenshot showing problem:
y8e8etu6.jpg

soldave

Apr 23, 2011
www.biginjapan.co
Not installed as a system app, but that got me thinking and I worked it out.

The problem is the theme I'm using: ThyrusHolo Black. With that installed, Google Translate does that. Switched back to the normal theme - all is well.

EvilPickle

May 24, 2009
Osaka
Ok..

went from an older build (4.2) from months ago. Downloaded CWM 6.0.4.4 and CARBON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20131108.

Flashed CWM, rebooted
Did full wipe
Flashed Carbon and gapps for Jelly Bean(that I had from before, probably for 4.2)

Rebooted got into the ROM. Started getting constant "unfortunately calendar storage has stopped" errors. And I have three 0-folders now, not sure if that would cause an issue with anything as there are numerous folders all named the same now.

Reflashed both Carbon and Gapps again. Still getting errors

Downloaded TWRP and SLIM Gapps.

Flashed TWRP and rebooted recovery. Did "factory reset" inside TWRP. From TWRP loaded Carbon and SLIM Gapps.

Still getting massive amount of "unfortunately calendar storage has stopped" errors.

Logcat file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B98X7HyfoaGad3FwUXRibjRhTW8/edit?usp=sharing

EvilPickle

May 24, 2009
Osaka
Got it working. Had to go completely back to stock and redo everything(real PITA) but I finally got it going again and have zero issues right now.

Thanks for the ROM!.. will donate some as soon as I get my new job. =/

soldave

Apr 23, 2011
www.biginjapan.co
Can someone try taking a photo using the camera on the screen side of the phone (can never remember whether people call that the front or back camera) with something other than the stock camera app? I've tried with Procapture, Paper Camera and Camera FV-5 and all crash the phone on taking the photo, as the old versions of Carbon always did.

If someone can confirm it, I'll post up a logcat if needed as it'd be awesome if this bug could be ironed out :)

skywalker6705

Dec 29, 2008
Can someone try taking a photo using the camera on the screen side of the phone (can never remember whether people call that the front or back camera) with something other than the stock camera app? I've tried with Procapture, Paper Camera and Camera FV-5 and all crash the phone on taking the photo, as the old versions of Carbon always did.

If someone can confirm it, I'll post up a logcat if needed as it'd be awesome if this bug could be ironed out :)

Front-facing camera causes lockups in other apps for me as well. Tested using CameraFX.

soldave

Apr 23, 2011
www.biginjapan.co
So for the people who'd be looking at this, as this is with any non-stock camera app, what log do we need to provide? Every camera app log we've tried it on?

dzebrys

Sep 11, 2007
I have problem with wifi on 1118 version. it seems like wifi stack is crashing at some point (sometimes after few hours of working ok) and then the only cure its to reboot phone. the wifi switch is off and grayed, when moved to on nothing happens. link to logs https://app.box.com/s/wi5mfw4d6exkbgv5medy

explanation to log, at 3am my router wifi radio is going to sleep, the it awakes at 6am.

regards

Last edited:

DroidZombie

Feb 20, 2012
I have problem with wifi on 1118 version. it seems like wifi stack is crashing at some point (sometimes after few hours of working ok) and then the only cure its to reboot phone. the wifi switch is off and grayed, when moved to on nothing happens. link to logs https://app.box.com/s/wi5mfw4d6exkbgv5medy

explanation to log, at 3am my router wifi radio is going to sleep, the it awakes at 6am.

regards

1. What radio firmware are you on?
2. Have you tried a fresh install yet (wipe data, cache and /system) ?
3. Have you tried it on a different wifi source?

DroidZombie

Feb 20, 2012
Was that logcat from the camera crash useful at all that I posted on the last page? Or do you need anything else?

It's being worked on. I got logs from a couple camera apps as well. Not sure if we'll be able to fix it though. You might want to submit your logs to the app developers and see if they can fix it.

soldave

Apr 23, 2011
www.biginjapan.co
It's being worked on. I got logs from a couple camera apps as well. Not sure if we'll be able to fix it though. You might want to submit your logs to the app developers and see if they can fix it.
But which developer would I report it to: every 3rd party camera app developer I can find? Just thinking that they're going to see that every 3rd party app on SC-06D phones with non-stock ROMs are having the same problem, and therefore claim it's not a problem with their app but with the system it's running on.

Possibly not, but just my train of thought. Glad it's getting worked on though :)

Reactions: creaturecool

DroidZombie

Feb 20, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!
    Welcome to the unofficial CarbonRom thread for the NTT-DoCoMo Galaxy S III (sc-06d/d2dcm)

Make sure you have the correct device before you flash. These will not work on the i900 series.

These builds are not official because the kernel is not the standard CM kernel at this point in time. This is due to our device being a massive pain in the rear to develop for because DoCoMo likes to change things in their phones to make it "special". Thank you Dorkomo...

These builds are made by a very hard working developer by the name of @interlope. He's not part of the main Carbon team and does not receive anything from them. As a way of saying thank you for these builds we encourage you to donate to him.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=G9NQ5R43K8T8Q

If you are unable to do this, we request that you find some other way to contribute. Debugging is a very good way. Basically, we are looking for people who want to be active contributors and not just leech off others hard work.

The builds are now out of alpha and we have decided to open them up to everyone. However, to those that have and do contribute in the future I will be making modded versions of the roms with some extra goodies and such to show our appreciation. Keep checking those inboxes.

All builds are located here:
    http://www.oudhitsquad.com/android/?dir=Samsung/d2dcm/carbon
    The latest build (and all future builds) do not have Felica support.

If you are coming from stock there are instructions for rooting this device here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1895737
    Check you inboxes folks the latest build just went out.
    Which kernel is good for this rom? focusing on battery :D
    Lean?Yank555? They work on the rom? anyother good?

At the moment there are no custom kernels for this device (read the description and make sure you have the device mentioned).

This is a Japan specific phone. If yours does not say sc-06d on the back of the device this is not the thread for you.
    great day! john just made it happen. i've just sent him humble donation.

btw, if anybody wants to cook its own rom based on above i've just modded
    well known old jpn cooker for this. you can fetch it from below link

https://app.box.com/s/6z2uj0svw40c5ogli677