Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Do you need samsung browser (Ram eater) ?
Yes 7 10.45%
No 60 89.55%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][4.4.2][Fast]Hypermax v9[Slim][Complete S5 Experience][Themed][Fast][OG Battery mod][20 June]

OP showstopper1

17th October 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #2111  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Well, looks like this one is pretty much dead.... It's a shame, as is one of the best ROM's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by migasbr

Hey guys!

I have tried to update to V9 a couple of times and it installs successfully, but then the system doesn't start.. I get the Samsung logo, then It starts updating the apps (which I know is normal) and then it goes back to Samsung logo and after a couple of minutes goes back to apps update...

I tried to wipe data, cache partition and dalvik, but it seems nothing works.. Any suggestions guys?...

With V8 it happens a funny thing quite a few times. When I press the home button, it shows a message saying "App not installed" and goes directly to Play Store, but then it says "item not found". Is there any reason for this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

17th October 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #2112  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 97

294 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by migasbr

Well, looks like this one is pretty much dead.... It's a shame, as is one of the best ROM's....

Have you tried different versions of recovery?
I have encountered similar issues as you described and they all been fixed by updating the recovery and/or install another type of recovery.
17th October 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #2113  

11 posts
I was checking other ROM's and that possibility came to my head... I will try that once I get home. Thanks t24ever.
23rd October 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #2114  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t24ever

Have you tried different versions of recovery?
I have encountered similar issues as you described and they all been fixed by updating the recovery and/or install another type of recovery.

Didn't work... Even tried installing the yank kernel, as recommended om V8 but same thing happens.

I'll stick with V8 until I move on to a 4.4.4 ROM..

Thanks t24ever.
27th October 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #2115  
Thanks Meter: 63

259 posts
More
Decompiling systemui
hi, i am unable to decompile systemui.apk to center clock, has one been able to decompile it, thanks
9th November 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #2116  

16 posts
scroll home screen get error message
i just install ur rom .. i have one problem when im on home screen and i try to swipe left to right i got message ( application not installed ) i
11th November 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #2117  
Flag Cochin
Thanks Meter: 8

29 posts
More
MyMagazine of Samsung isnt present - Thats the error
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelove73

i just install ur rom .. i have one problem when im on home screen and i try to swipe left to right i got message ( application not installed ) i

Hi, Saw your feedback. The Mymagazine feature of the Galaxy s5 isnt available and that is the reason it shows the error!

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeGouliouras

So, I installed the room and everything worked fine, but I have no network signal and it doesn't recognize my SIM card. I tried to flash my EFS folder backup using kTool but it didn't work. I had to flash CyanogenMod back to make the network work back. Do any of you guys know how to fix this problem ?

Hi Friend,
You can find more information on the EFS folder if you search within the XDA forum. You can always restore it by installing the official firmware. Then once you flash the ROM, do not select the new modem instead let it be the old. I am on MG2 baseband version and I have modified and flashed several ROM's in the past with no network issues.

I am now on the latest version of Hypermax and using it for more than 4 months without any issues. Using Yank kernel with updated settings!
21st November 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #2118  
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 178

250 posts
More
So, is this ROM still alive? It looks pretty nice, I'd love to give it a try--probably will anyway 'cause I like to experiment. Did I get it right, you gotta flash V8 first (huge file!), then V9 (much-much smaller) over it? Sorry, don't really have time to read all 212 pages here.

Also, which Yank's kernel works best with this--Omni, or the other.

Thanks in advance.
21st November 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #2119  
di Bumi Pertiwi
Thanks Meter: 370

772 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Thought

So, is this ROM still alive? It looks pretty nice, I'd love to give it a try--probably will anyway 'cause I like to experiment. Did I get it right, you gotta flash V8 first (huge file!), then V9 (much-much smaller) over it? Sorry, don't really have time to read all 212 pages here.

Also, which Yank's kernel works best with this--Omni, or the other.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah. V8 then v9
Yank kernel idk.
Further development? Hmm.. see 2 pages back post#2096 by @showstopper1
I guess you can call it EOL (end of life) for now.
Last edited by yusuf_adsas; 21st November 2014 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Add info

The Following User Says Thank You to yusuf_adsas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread