3.3.15.c (eng, rus)
+ Added Volume Skip Track Mod3.3.15.b (eng, rus)
+ Fixed Music FC when playing songs without album art (used the 3.3.22 apk and dependencies)
+ Stability improvements (changed some libs, cleaned the system for obsolete scripts and libs as "shelld" and chinese apps)
+ For the themes to work follow this step by step
- Apparently on MIUI v5 it's not necessary anymore to use a specially modded kernel for MIUI, all kernels for AOSP/CM10 should work.
3.3.15.a (eng, rus)
+ Update to MIUI 3.3.15 (v5)
+ Update to MIUI 3.1.25
+ Changed base to temasek's CM10 kang v103
+ Upgrade kernel to Siyah's 1.8.9
+ Added AOSP Camera for SIII (credits to TheUnkn0wn)
- Fixed some HTML5 video glitches
- Fixed call recording
- Fixed carrier logo functions (thanks to fusionjack @miuiaustralia)
- Fixed extSDcard detection faliure from v2
+ added SiyahKernel v1.8.7 for MIUI
+ added control panel suite multilanguage
+ (re)added 5x5, 5x6, 6x5, 6x6, 6x7 options for miuihome grid sizes
- fixed a few framework glitches for stability
+ upgrade to miuiandroid 3.1.11 hybrid base (nexus s+gnex)
+ update to latest cm10 nightly 2012.12.16
+ fixed navbar (simply enable it from control panel, no build.prop modifications required anymore!)
+ langue francaise disponible
- control panel suite in english only (until fusionjack releases the multilang version, this means the status bar is in english only)
- control panel's carrier label and logo buttons not working for the moment
- miui launcher grid sizes available: Stock 4x4 and 4x5 (for now)
2.11.23v2 (english, chinese)
+ added siyahkernel 1.8.3 (modded for miui)
+ fixed stweaks
2.11.23v1 (english, chinese)
+ update to miuiandroid 2.11.23 (gnex pure base)
+ upgrade to temasek's cm10 v100
+ modded miuihome launcher grid size: 4x4, 4x5, 5x5, 5x6, 6x5, 6x6, 6x7, 7x7, 8x8
+ added mega beats bass engine under the hood of dspmanager (now it works with miuimusic app when its built-in eq it's disabled)
+ re/added stock thememanager (your themes from sdcard work when you import them by pushing menu key while in thememanager, for download you need xiaomi account)
+ added battery animation when phone is off and charging
+ tweaked the kernel for maximum smoothness
- all fcs fixed
+ navbar is now compatible with control panel (to enable it just modify /system/build.prop line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=" from "1" to "0", save, reboot)2.11.9v4
- fixed sound settings fc
- fixed music fc
+ modded miuihome launcher grid size:
Added 5x5, 5x6, 6x5, 6x6, 6x7
+ fixed guardprovider fc
+ update and rebase to miui nexus s 2.11.9
+ upgrade to temasek's cm10 v92
+ added siyahkernel v1.7rc3 (with wifi tethering)
+ "control panel suite" (aesthetics tool) - big thanks to miuiaustralia
note: The navbar/softkeys functionality in control panel suite is not working yet. I hope in some future builds i will fix this.
+ added miui keyboard (white/black, multilanguage, swype function) - big thanks to miuiaustralia
+ added jb 4.2 camera and gallery;
- removed miui camera and gallery;
- removed gapps (you are the one who should have the option which version to use);
- modded themes, settings and home to fix some issues with the wallpapers.
+ added miui camera;
+ added miui gallery;
- removed cm10 camera and gallery.
update to miui 2.10.26 multilang;
upgrade base to temasek's v85;
+ added siyah kernel (no wifi tether, if you need it flash temasek's kernel).
upgrade base to temasek's v80
- fixed online themes;
- fixed usb mounting;
- removed picasa gallery for compatibility issues with the camera;
- fixed camera full 8 mpx;
+ wifi tether working.2.10.19v1
update to miui 2.10.19;
upgrade base to temasek's v79;
+ added multilanguage (see post#2);
+ added complete gapps for jb (including picasa gallery);
+ (re-) added apollo music app (compatible with dsp, miui music isn't... Yet);;
+ (re-) added dspmanager (available on desktop);
+ styled the "advanced" setting's icon (color levels, sharpen);
+ due to ui lags i swapped temasek's 21.10.2012 kernel with 16.10.2012 kernel (no wifi tethernig in this version; wifi tether also abailable if you flash temasek latest kernel, but you'll get a pretty choppy ui;
- removed gmail (it's not included anymore in latest gapps, users may use instead the default email app);
- removed miui equaliser (because fcing);
- removed "digital signal processing" from sound settings (better for avoiding compatibility issues with other music add-ons).
- solved some apk's signature mismatch;
- solved all random fc's (hopefully);
+ added gapps for jb 20121011
cleaned the system some more
+ gmail app
+ maps app
+ talk app
+ "miui equaliser" (the most advanced dsp manager for phones out there, styled to fit miui framework) - big thanks to kane o'riley+ "jb control panel" (aesthetics tool) - big thanks to andy thomson2.10.12v3
upgrade to new temasek v75a base;
- fixed front camera pictures issues.
- fixed browser advanced settings;
update to 2.10.12 miuiandroid version
upgrade to new 4.1.2 jelly bean temasek v73 base;
- fixed flash player;
- fixed contacts adding event fc;
- fixed radio mode in siii advanced settings;
+ added “butter smooth” script tweak for improved animations;
+ added dspmanager from cm10 and merged into settings->sound settings->system (less icons->cleaner launcher);
+ added apollo music app (compattible with dspmanager);
+ changed siii advanced settings and dspmanager background to match systemui’s – as i think it should be;
+ i made nice new device specific icon for the advanced settings – also as i think it should be.
- solved apps manager fc;
- solved equalizer fc;
- solved "sms signal drop";
- solved "external sd card" - you no longer need to make any new external_sd folder, sd card is now visible by the whole system, also in settings-storage;
+ tweaked autobrightness with more brightness in medium light conditions;
+ zipaligned system apps for faster loading;
+ doubled hwui cache for faster launcher;
+ 3 way extended reboot menu;
+ added cm10 2012.10.06 kernel;
+ added volume+ skip track with the volume up and down buttons while music is playing with screen off by default (i'm sure many of you were waiting for this);
+ added "advanced" samsung galaxy s3 settings;
+ added "led settings".
- added 3 way extended reboot menu;
- camera full 8mpx from cm10 included, so we will have also cm10 gallery;
- sms signal drop still present;
- external sdcard is now visible if you make new folder to the root of your
internal /sdcard named "external_sd". You have to do this just once: Open
file explorer, go to sd card tab, hit menu->new folder, enter "external_sd"
without quotes as folder name and press "ok". Reboot and voila! You will find
the contents of your external sd to /sdcard/external_sd, also visible from
file explorer. Reboot once more to be sure gallery and music app refreshed.
MIUI v5 (3.3.15), source: BurgerZ GNex's port
lastest temasek CM10 kang v103
modded for miui siyah kernel v1.8.3 (thanks to gokhanmoral)
speed+ faster loading system apps (zipaligned) ;
+ faster launcher (doubled hwui cache for miuihome, SIII can handle it);
+ smoother animations (kernel tweaks);
customizations+ "extended reboot menu" with 4 options (normal, quick, recovery and bootloader);
+ options to change led color and pulse frequency for notifications, messages and calls (settings->"led settings");
+ options to change radio mode, amoled sharpness and haptic intensity (settings->"advanced");
+ miui keyboard (white/black, multilanguage, swype function) - big thanks to lenny_kano from miuiaustraliamedia+ skip from current song to the next respectively to previous by long pressing (>1 sec) the volume rocker buttons up or down while music is playing and screen is off; short presing (<1 sec) up or down normally changes the volume (included since 2.9.28)
+ mbb mega bass beats (louder sound, crisp treble, deep bass) with dspmanager included
aesthetics+ styled "advanced" settings and "dspmanager" app to fit with miui framework
+ more brightness in medium light conditions;
+ "control panel suite" (aesthetics tool) - big thanks to fusionjack and lenny_kano from miuiaustralia+ modded miuihome launcher grid size: 4x4, 4x5, 5x5, 5x6, 6x5, 6x6, 6x7, 7x7, 8x8 (the lower the DPI, the higher the grid size should be setted; eg. @320 - 4x4/4x5, @260 - 5x5/5x6, @240 - 6x5/6x6/6x7)
(besides the already known ones of cm10's and miui's)
- themes and some widgets don't work from first boot, for a fix read this post
- for wifi wep to work you need to come from an ics sammy rom, or cm10 based rom, so if you're on sammy jb rom make sure you flash prior to this a sammy ics one.
- users who experience battery drain due to partial wakeups from NetworkLocationLocator service can use a workaround: set the phone to airplane mode and reboot; change back to normal mode once the phone boots up. You can do this every time you suspect drain is present. In other words make sure everytime you reboot your device it is in airplane mode. This way you can safely keep Network Location enabled and make use of it without having the drain.
- cm10 based roms, like _miui.polimorph_, support fat32, but do not support exfat sd cards and if you flash this rom with a microsdxc exfat the data on the card gets corrupted, instead format it fat32 or ext4
use at your own risk!
The flashing process will also wipe your apps and settings, so you would want to make a backup first with miui backup app while using a good rom version;
Also if you're on Sammy JB (4.1, 4.2) for wifi to work make sure you flash before this a Sammy ICS (4.0) rom, such as Omega v13.
1. Reboot in recovery;
2. Wipe data-cache-system-preload;
3. Flash the ROM _miui.polimorph_...zip file from where you saved it;
4. BOOT / REBOOT in Recovery
5. Flash GAPPS 2012-10-11
6. BOOT / REBOOT in Recovery
7. Flash Themes_Fix.zip - 143.28 KB
(the first full boot would take up to 3 min)
Due to legal reasons and like other AOSP based roms, this rom also comes without GAPPS installed. The apropriate version is 20121011.
If you respect my work
remember to come back and
you think it's worth it
from these 3 ways to
1. Contribute to my paypal SSD fund used for upgrading my 5 year old laptop (120$ raised->530$ to go);
2. Push the "Thanks" button;
3. Rate it with stars from 1 to 5 (@ the right upper corner).
thanks for making this possible:
Xiaomi, cm team, miuiandroid team, temasek, lens_flare, proxuser, dekky, acer73, labbe-, jimbo77, cosmicdan, v1r0x, brausender büffel, gokhanmoral, fusionjack, lenny_kano, TheUnkn0wn, BurgerZ & special thanks for supporting this project by donating: hvj78, moe kaddas, ohendem, igypop, v00doo, Deadeye*, mietekxxx, khmoc, Olegs, Xapoh, Michi, k.ikemotions, t-ryder
For smooth UI animations and transitions chose to use as CPU Governor the LulzactiveQ (usually I set it by default). Depending on what you prefer you can change it from STweaks (Siyah) or Control Panel.
Also for smooth scrolling in lists and 2D animations you might wan to set "Force GPU rendering" "on" from System Settings->Developer options
Languages included in multilanguage versions
Disable the Lockscreen
To disable the lockscreen and acces your device quickly when waking up from sleep go to: System Settings->Developer options->Developer options(ON)->Access system directly(ON)
Dial Pad soft piano sounds
Phone app->Settings->Dial tone Settings->Tone->Dial Pad Touch Tones(enable) and Piano sound(enable)
You can adjust volume from System Settings->Sound Settings->Volume Settings->System volume for ui notifications(adjust)
Some of you might want to store your camera pictures on external SD. ATM CM10's camera doesn't do that and I'm sure it will at some point in the near future. In the meantime the solution is near: AOSP SIII Camera.
CM Nightly Changelog
How to get Logcat
I encourage you to report respectfully something not working as it should (i.e. ForceClose, abnormal behavoiur of an app/function) in order to help you a logcat is needed for you to provide. If you're not familiar with logcats please follow the simple A, B, C, guide bellow and use whatever option suits you better:
A. Provide a logcat
a.1. Using the Phone or the PC:
a.1.1. From your phone:
a.1.1.1. Install a logcat recording app such as Cat Log;
a.1.1.2. Normal reboot;
a.1.1.3. Launch Cat Log->Menu->Save;
a.1.1.4. Go to SDcard->cat log-saved logs->(open and copy its contents)saved log; (jump to step I.2.)
a.1.2. From PC if you have adb installed connect your phone to PC
a.1.2.1. Open a command line and save a log on Desktop: "adb logcat > %userprofile%\Desktop\logcat_pph.txt"
a.1.2.2. Launch DDMS from Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools, let it connect, select the phone from the left window and Ctrl+A in the right where the log is unfolding. When All is selected->Click the little disk icon up left and save the log.
a.2. Open Browser->(access)Pastebin.com->(paste)New Paste;
a.3. Post the link for the new paste here);
B. After finding a solution of your issue give feedback;
C. If all goes well go out and have a drink to celebrate! (and maybe remember I like coffee)
(Copy/Paste the code in your signature)
Very nice ROM.can you yell me how to remove the soft keys as I prefer full screen.
Thanks for all your work.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
I'm glad you like it. It's pretty simple to get rid of those as I explain bellow.
Navigate in XDA Samsung Galaxy SIII\Galaxy SIII Android Development\ to this thread: [ROM][MIUI][AOSP][JB] - JIMIUI_JB and in post #2 you will find a link to the On_Screen_Remover zip file. Download it, reboot in recovery and flash it (no need to wipe this time). http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1849565
A lot of phones have a notification LED that blinks when you receive a … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?