Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,523 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][I9300[4.3][16/07][XXUGND5] NxTGen ROM v14.0

Tip us?
 
eric-filth
Old
#831  
eric-filth's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 954
Posts: 1,463
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ponta Grossa - PR

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarois3 View Post
I have not yet tried any of these roms but i have read almost all posts in search for the best battery life.
How 9.1 battery life compared to 5.2. Shell i try 9.1 rom or 5.2
Yes, 9.1 is very close
5.2 was my masterpirce, but 9.1 maybe is better
The Following User Says Thank You to eric-filth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sarois3
Old
#832  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-filth View Post
Yes, 9.1 is very close
5.2 was my masterpirce, but 9.1 maybe is better
Thanks,
I have just downloaded 9.1 and installed it. Will give it a try for few days.

But as my prime concern is battery, how can i download 5.2, to try and will i be missing too much if i revert to an old version?
 
cawith
Old
#833  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 106
Join Date: Apr 2012
Just installed 9.1 and it seems to run great! Really awesome!!!

There are a couple of things though. First of all, it says version 9.0 during install and under about when running. Checked MD5 and it is according to that listed by you. I downloaded from your google link.

Second, I don't seem to get the icons, wallpapers and possibility to choose the grey theme.. Maybe I'm just to stupid to realize how to do it

Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to cawith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pedderd
Old
#834  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hertford
I echo the above and would really like some direction in adding the following if anyone can help:
1) The swipe Android keyboard
2) Samsung apps
3) The stock email app

Any help appreciated.
 
edwerd
Old
#835  
edwerd's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 93
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cairo
Google now doesn't work in the final release, no idea why.
i can't install Email.zip or Dive.zip

any thoughts ?
 
giovet
Old
#836  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 59
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default Απ: [ROM][XXEMA2] NxTGen ROM v9.1 - Codename Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwerd View Post
Google now doesn't work in the final release, no idea why.
i can't install Email.zip or Dive.zip

any thoughts ?
See post #823 it's working

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9300 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to giovet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
eric-filth
Old
#837  
eric-filth's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 954
Posts: 1,463
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ponta Grossa - PR

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][XXEMA2] NxTGen ROM v9.1 - Codename Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawith View Post
Just installed 9.1 and it seems to run great! Really awesome!!!

There are a couple of things though. First of all, it says version 9.0 during install and under about when running. Checked MD5 and it is according to that listed by you. I downloaded from your google link.

Second, I don't seem to get the icons, wallpapers and possibility to choose the grey theme.. Maybe I'm just to stupid to realize how to do it

Thanks in advance!
Hi
Icons was removed from lastest versions because my time was too short, but who knows in the next version i can put again.
All wallpapers from preview version are ok, but i dont input inside SecWallpapers.apk is unnecessary work.

Enviado do meu Nexus 7
 
cawith
Old
#838  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 106
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-filth View Post
Hi
Icons was removed from lastest versions because my time was too short, but who knows in the next version i can put again.
All wallpapers from preview version are ok, but i dont input inside SecWallpapers.apk is unnecessary work.

Enviado do meu Nexus 7
Okay, if you have the time, it would be great to have the icons included again!

So where in the system can we find the wallpapers then? I have searched but couldn't find them.
 
eric-filth
Old
#839  
eric-filth's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 954
Posts: 1,463
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ponta Grossa - PR

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawith View Post
Okay, if you have the time, it would be great to have the icons included again!

So where in the system can we find the wallpapers then? I have searched but couldn't find them.
New version is comming.
Now with Icons Theme optional install
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eric-filth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sarois3
Old
#840  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jan 2005
Default But... it is not good

As much as I appreciate all what has been written, I dont really understand where the strength of this rom lies..
The battery is great as long as you leave the phone untouched, (1 - 1.5% per hour), but once you just switch it on, battery drains like hell.
the transitions are NOT smooth as in Foxhound or even miui india.
And before anyone jumps on me to attack, I am not overloading my mobile with software, nor am i against this rom, but I am really wondering is it only me who has these problems, or what is exactly wrong.

in my search for a usable rom i was very excited to read all the positive reviews on this rom, but quit honestly the battery is a typical joke (at least to me) and the rom IS slow.

If someone can please help out, this will be appreciated.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes