5,605,835 Members 47,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][XXUGNB6|XXEMRG][20Mar] Omega v58|v50.1◄●4.3|4.1.2●►Omega Files|Themes◄●

Tip us?

Harro
Old
(Last edited by Harro; 11th September 2012 at 03:05 PM.) Reason: I may have answered my own question...
Thanks Meter 7
Hi Folks,

Had a weird think happen today, I'm using Onavo Count to keep track of how muck data each app is using (I reinstalled it yesterday. First time I have used other on an Omega ROM).
Anyway, it tells me that Gallery used 184.2MB of data this afternoon!
I checked and it's not G+, I have that restricted to upload photos over WiFi only.
Anyone got any ideas?
(No I didn't do a full wipe when upgrading to v23 but will if this problem persists)
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347371631102.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1318672

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Edit: I think it might be the Gallery syncing downloading pictures previously uploaded to google+ (from previous roms/phones etc) But I'd be happy if someone could confirm this I'd be greatful...
The Following User Says Thank You to Harro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hurray
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Default Full backup of internal sd-card with Jelly Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurray View Post
I am on V23 now (running great so far!) and have the problem that I am not able to make a full backup of the internal sd-card with SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT V5.0.
The Toolktit connects correctly to the phone but when I try to make a backup of the internal sd-card i get:

Code:
Waiting for adb Mode

Now continuing to backup your /mnt/sdcard folder
Please be patient this may take a while

pull: building file list...
0 files pulled. 0 files skipped.

Completed
After some reading around the Toolkit-Thread it seems that this behaviour accours if there is no insecure kernel.

So my question is: How can I test if the kernel from V23 (XXDLI5) is insecure or not?
So finally I found a workaround!
After a little research I found this article: [HOW-TO] Make a full sd card backup via USB

If I follow the manual and try at step 4:
Code:
adb pull /mnt/sdcard sdcard_20120911
it wont work and nothing is copied (same behaviour as the toolkit).

I followed /mnt/sdcard on the phone and found out that it's only a link to /storage/sdcard0

If I use the following command everything from the internal sd-card will be copied to my pc:
Code:
adb pull /storage/sdcard0 sdcard_20120911
My conclusion: The kernel IS insecure but there is an issue with the link /mnt/sdcard. No problem for me anymore if I can use /storage/sdcard0 instead.

Just an info for you if you have the same problem with a full backup of the internal sd-card.
Samsung i9300 16GB, Omega <newest> , 64GB SDHC Card (Class10) FAT32
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hurray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Snake-Plissken
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppelupo View Post
lol

YHBT.
Dial *#0011# and check the RRC state. If l fast dormancy is enabled, it should go from DHC to IDLE fairly quick when you stop using the data connection.
If I do this, the service menu items but there is no RRC state. Is that because I am in an E area. No UMTS/3G service here

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

cokenet
Old
(Last edited by cokenet; 11th September 2012 at 03:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnr21 View Post
When i'm using data with fast dormancy on (loading web page etc...), signal icon goes H+ and rrc state goes to DCH, but after a short time when data is not used, signal icon goes back to 3G and rrc state goes to PCH, sometimes also FACH shows up.

With that info, can you say is fast dormancy supported by my isp?
You can check it with BetterBatteryStats!
If there is no endless connection of "secril_fd-interface" under Kernel wakelock, than it works.

With your things I cant say anything about, important is the switching time between T1 (timer one) and T2 (timer two).

Here examples without FD:
Vodafone T1 = 5 secs (DCH => FACH)
Vodafone T2 = 30 secs (FACH => IDLE)

E-Plus T1 = 10 secs (DCH => FACH)
E-Plus T2 = 1-2 secs (FACH => PCH)

... with enabled FD:
Vodafone T2 = 5 secs (FACH => IDLE)

E-Plus T1 = 5 secs (DCH => FACH)

And data transferring > 500bites is only possible with DCH, but the device need to come up from IDLE->DCH 2,5sec,
thats a normal delay, so dont wondering.

FACH is more a second standy channel with small transferring of max 500bites data, because its a 32kbit channel in your current network cell,
where all other devices from this cell are in, and wait for orders by Provider or FD, is enabled.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cokenet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jnr21
Old
(Last edited by jnr21; 11th September 2012 at 03:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokenet View Post
You can check it with BetterBatteryStats!
If there is no endless connection of "secril_fd-interface" under Kernel wakelock, than it works.

With your things I cant say anything about, important is the switching time between T1 (timer one) and T2 (timer two).

Vodafone T2 = 30 secs (FACH => IDLE)

E-Plus T1 = 10 secs (DCH => FACH)

... with enabled FD:
Vodafone T2 = 5 secs (FACH => IDLE)

E-Plus T1 = 5 secs (DCH => FACH)

And data transferring < 500bites is only possible with DCH, but the device need to come up from IDLE->DCH 2,5sec,
thats a normal delay, so dont wondering.

FACH is more a second standy channel with small transferring of max 500bites data, because its a 32kbit in your current network cell, where all other devices from this cell are in, and wait for orders by Provider or FD, is enabled.
Ok, thanks. I will check if there's wakelocks in bbs.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III
Rom#1: null_ ODEXED @ 240dpi
Kernel: Siyah
Theme/Framework: JB Domination/JKAY Deluxe framework/ICS animations

Rom#2: SuperNexus
Kernel: Siyah

Phone#2: Samsung Galaxy Pocket
Rom: Stock (rooted)
Kernel: Stock

Press thanks if i helped you.
Get free Dropbox + 250mb extra space!

cokenet
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Plissken View Post
If I do this, the service menu items but there is no RRC state. Is that because I am in an E area. No UMTS/3G service here

Yes thats the reason. U MUST be in a 3g/UTMS state.

araje
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I don't know but in general I am seeing lots of posts about v23 problems which wasn't the case in v20 or v21/22.

It may be a problem with LI5 rom I guess since this is all test and pre official anyways.

I am at 21 and very happy with indie's work. May be I will hold on to it for awhile.

dbtomas
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by umarian View Post
For omega v23 here is a flashzip(CWM) for transparentwheather;its only for JB.
PS:i hope i cant be wrong but i havent see on this forum
You did not have time to do the Digital?
Current Device : Samsung Note 3 - Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 16 GB Wi-Fi + 3G GT-N8000
My first mobile phone: 13/05/1991
"Mitsubishi Partners NMT 900" kg.7, 5

tisazalay
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Another issue I noticed with v22 and v23 is when you long press an icon to drag to the trash can in go launcher ex (home screen) the top of the trash can is cropped (seems to be behind a piece of the wallpaper the height of the status bar), the functionality is intact though, just looks ugly.

Another curiosity (this one on JB) is while playing videos with the properly named Video Player, the battery icon switches to stock (no circle battery icon), functionality isn't affected either.

umarian
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtomas View Post
You did not have time to do the Digital?
Man look at 1996 page from this forum

Tags
aroma installer, first rom, galaxy s3, great stability, netherlands weed, omega, omega rom, romgasm, romtastic, smooth sg3, vegeta1 mod's!!!!!!!!!!!!