5,600,182 Members 40,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][XXUGNB6|XXEMRG][20Mar] Omega v58|v50.1◄●4.3|4.1.2●►Omega Files|Themes◄●

Tip us?

ragnan86
Old
(Last edited by ragnan86; 13th February 2013 at 09:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfMails View Post
Is it normal, that Omega-ROM starts lagging after a day ?
When I reboot my phone, the laggs are gone.
Do you also have this problem ?

At the bootanimation the phone's also lagging, when andy is walking.,...
Have I flashed wrong ? Or is this normal ?
Have you flashed the full install or the custom install?

If you flashed the full install I faced home screen and app drawer redraws and minor lags but after custom installation it is ultra smooth

And are you referring to the slowing down of the Omega Robot at the start of the boot animation? Yes, I too have it.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnan86 View Post
Anyone using V41/V42 with Siyah Kernel having good battery life. Can you share your settings/tweaks/mods etc.?

For the same type of usage I used to get 15-16 hrs while I was unrooted. Now just 8-9 hrs!!!

My settings when I was on unrooted stock and now:
Wifi/Data always ON
Sync OFF
Power saving mode
Auto brightness
GPS off

Things added after rooting:
Rescan media (to disable media scanning)
droidphile's Siyah battery.profile
Anyone?
Micromax Canvas 2 A110
JB 4.2.1 - Mackay Rom v3.5 + Suvi Booster Script V1/Andiroxu's 3.4.69

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300-Pebble Blue
Sotmax v16 + JKay Deluxe 14.92.9/Yank555.lu kernel v3.1i (Sotmax Preset)/PhilZ Touch v4.35 Completely stock since it is with my wife

Nokia 1108-->Nokia 3220-->Nokia N73-->Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-I5700-->Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300-Pebble Blue / Micromax Canvas 2 A110

Hit the "Thanks" button if I have helped you

coolnand
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Default Re: [ROM][XXEMR2][12Feb] Omega v42 ●►JB 4.1.2◄●Omega Files●►12 Themes◄●

Even im having this small lag here and there. Its actually quite noticeable. I had used an aosp rom for some days. It was super smooth. Everything loading very very fast. No delay if pressing back or home button. But this has not been the way in this. This is y I wanna go back to the aosp. But I will miss the samsung features and also battery is much better in omega. But the lag is making me sad. With this much processing power, its so sad.. im running 40 at the moment with latest siyah. I installed with full wipe only. I have a question. If yhe memory storage gets almost filled, will there be lag? My internal storage only 1 gb or so left. My 32 gb card less than 1gb left. Will this have any impact in performance? But I can say one thing I guess. Freshly installed with only the apps got from the rom, the rom is smooth. After I restore some apps( more than 40 I think) it gets a little stutterd. Any advices??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

JPsy Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 31
What do you think about this AdvanceS App & sending IMEI? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2144829&page=3

I've patched it with wanams zip http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1360689654
Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 (16GB)
ROM: Omega v42 XXEMR2 JB 4.1.2 click
Mods & Themes: JKay Deluxe Framework 14.92.9 click & Motomoto Theme click
Kernel: I9300XXEMR2 3.0.31 919627
Recovery: Philz Recovery v4.90.8 click
Modem: I9300BUEMA1
Bootloader: I9300BUBLG3
The Following User Says Thank You to JPsy Droid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdogzilla
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Does this ROM have the option to switch between 2G and 3G connection? Would be great if I could have the phone go to 2G mode when screen is off and switch back to 3G when screen is on. I know there was a "Toggle 2G/3G" app but it did not install on v40.
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 :
  • ROM : Temaseks 4.4.2 v56; KERNEL = Boeffla-Kernel-Omnirom (pending Agni and f2fs)
  • Modem : UUGMJ3; Network : 3G
    • Philz Touch

Samsung Galaxy Tab2 P3113 :
  • ROM : SlimRom; Android : 4.4.2; Kernel : Agni (no f2fs yet!)

Fir3blade
Old
Thanks Meter 425
Default AW: [ROM][XXEMR2][12Feb] Omega v42 ●►JB 4.1.2◄●Omega Files●►12 Themes◄●

Since Omega V42 the lockscreen weather is showing the same weather all the time, it is not syncron with the widget.
Anyone here with the same bug?

KeesStolk
Old
Thanks Meter 3836
A bit off topic, but maybe some of you find it usefull.
I edited some stuff about battery life at my thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...61&postcount=2

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPsy Droid View Post
What do you think about this AdvanceS App & sending IMEI? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2144829&page=3

I've patched it with wanams zip http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1360689654
I am not worried, but i do think it's not nice.
Will drop a message to Indie and see what he will say about this.
Thanks for pointing this to our attention.
S3 white, up and running Omega since May 2012.
►Omega v56 ◄●►Omega Files Kitchen◄●Custom Installation●►Themes◄●
Note 3, SM-N9005 europe, up and running Omega since October 2013
►Omega v8●►Android 4.4.2◄●Omega Files●►Fully modded◄●

Some helpful information
My S3 freeze list.
My Note 3 freeze list
My thread about the new bootloader and so
Official FAQ for Omega Rom made by Chris_84
A must read!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KeesStolk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MMWolverine
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounti View Post
I'm on v42 and getting the contact bug. Tried removing the Google accound, wiping the phone and contacts, but only some of the contacts show their names. MMWolverine seemed to have removed the links to his mods, so I can't try past CWM fixes. Any suggestions?
Sorry about that. I forgot to re-upload fixes to my post here in omega thread, but had it in my mods, tips & tricks OP (1st link in signature). Next time if I forget send me a pm.
The Following User Says Thank You to MMWolverine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rsoub
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default v40

Hey guys,

I'm currently running Omega V40 with JKAY 14.91, and all is running smooth, no lags, no problems or fcs etc...
Now my question is since i'm kinda of a noob with this stuff: Is there any reason to update to V42? I checked out the change log and it seems the only real difference between 40 and 42 is the kernel and Modems and I have no idea what they change :P :P

Also, thanks Indie, for the amazing ROM, keep up the great work!

jj92942000
Old
Thanks Meter 1276
Default Re: [ROM][XXEMR2][12Feb] Omega v42 ●►JB 4.1.2◄●Omega Files●►12 Themes◄●

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnand View Post
Even im having this small lag here and there. Its actually quite noticeable. I had used an aosp rom for some days. It was super smooth. Everything loading very very fast. No delay if pressing back or home button. But this has not been the way in this. This is y I wanna go back to the aosp. But I will miss the samsung features and also battery is much better in omega. But the lag is making me sad. With this much processing power, its so sad.. im running 40 at the moment with latest siyah. I installed with full wipe only. I have a question. If yhe memory storage gets almost filled, will there be lag? My internal storage only 1 gb or so left. My 32 gb card less than 1gb left. Will this have any impact in performance? But I can say one thing I guess. Freshly installed with only the apps got from the rom, the rom is smooth. After I restore some apps( more than 40 I think) it gets a little stutterd. Any advices??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Obviously one or few apps are causing issues. Install full wipe then restore apps with TB without data. Bit of a pain but worth it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Samsung GT-I9300XXUGNB6, Omega v58, JB 4.3, Boeffla, PhilZTouch, Xposed & UltimaROM mods
Samsung GT-I9300XXUGNA7, Omega v56, JB 4.3, Boeffla, PhilZTouch, Xposed & UltimaROM mods
Samsung Mini II GT-6500D, GB 2.3.6 Root
Nexus 7 16GB KOT49H, 4.4.2Stock
Retired GT-I9000 Elite JRO03L 4.1.1 RC12 [OFFICIAL GENUX STOCK ROM]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jj92942000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

traitor123
Old
(Last edited by traitor123; 13th February 2013 at 11:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsoub View Post
Hey guys,

I'm currently running Omega V40 with JKAY 14.91, and all is running smooth, no lags, no problems or fcs etc...
Now my question is since i'm kinda of a noob with this stuff: Is there any reason to update to V42? I checked out the change log and it seems the only real difference between 40 and 42 is the kernel and Modems and I have no idea what they change :P :P

Also, thanks Indie, for the amazing ROM, keep up the great work!
Only if you desire. Its upto you. Samsung's "Under-the-hood" updates are not so major. Minor differences. Samsung doesn't release the changelog, so you'll have to try it out for yourself to find out what improvements have been made. I'm a flashaholic, thats why I flash each and every Omega Release. If you feel that your phone is running perfectly and don't need anything else, probably wouldn't go for the update. And if you consider fully wiping your device once to clear out the clutter and keep only the important stuff, I would prefer the latest version regardless of the changes in the rom. And if you do not wish to update the rom, do not update Omega Files App (the one that comes with Omega v40), if you need any other mod for your current version.
●► Rom: Omega v57 ●► Recovery: PhilZ 6.19.3 Touch Enhanced CWM 6.0.4.7-exFAT-root
Problems after flashing newer version of Omega? ●►Omega ROM FAQ◄● (thanks to Chris_84 for the FAQ)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to traitor123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aroma installer, first rom, galaxy s3, great stability, netherlands weed, omega, omega rom, romgasm, romtastic, smooth sg3, vegeta1 mod's!!!!!!!!!!!!