If you donít like to read, just click THIS to download and install using TWRP. Probably best to wipe the device first.
Based on Android 4.3, featuring a choice of stock or Android 4.4 launcher, and optimised for UK Galaxy S3 I9300 devices (only really in gps.conf)
* Not all apps shown above are included in the ROM.
Iíve been on XDA since 2006 and remember when I actually had an O2 XDA IIi.
Like many here, Iíve custom ROMíd pretty much every WinMo and Android device Iíve owned, and have come to the conclusion that I hate extra bloat in stock ROMs, but I also hate when custom ROM builders stray too far from the deviceís stock look and feel.
I also absolutely hate the self-promotion some ROM builders love to indulge in with their custom builds, where they add a stupid logo, boot sound or some god awful theme to let the world know that ĎI MADE THISí.
Also Iíd never ask for a donation unless I actually made something myselfÖthat is, I opened up my favourite IDE and actually wrote some codeÖ.rather than just bundle some other poor devs real effort into my own new self-promoting heavily branded package.
Allow me to introduce my own first custom ROM.
Mostly Stock 1.0
Important things to note areÖ
I made this for my own use, but figured that if someone else feels like I do, then maybe theyíd like to use it as well. If you donít like this, use another ROM.
Iíve been testing the core version of this ROM for a good few days now but this is an RC release and Iím new to this game so if you find any issues, please let me know and Iíll try to fix them. I havenít found any myself.
This is not an extreme custom ROM that is so Ďoptimisedí some things donít work properly.
This ROM is just a de-bloat (again not extreme as I find some Samsung apps useful), a zip align, with a custom kernel and modem added.
Ok, some features
* Choice of old launcher or new Android KitKat 4.4 launcher
* Includes the brilliant Boeffla Kernel 5.2. Please get Boeffla Config V2 from Play Store for full control.
* Features Galley 2013 (but Iím not sure if I like this so may downgrade in a future release).
* Features modem XXUGMJ9 as I found boot issues with older modems
* No stupid custom logos
* No pleas for money
* Samsung boot soundÖ.I donít think this is a bad thing
Things to be added
* Removal of stupid EU volume warning
* Placing some of the included apps (like the launcher) into the data folder so that they can be un-installed if they are not required
Please install using Team Win Recovery Project. It may work with ClockworkMod recovery too, but Iíve not tested this.
dsixda for the fantastic but sadly 'semi retired' Android Kitchen
Andy Pfeiffer for Boeffla Kernel
Samsung for creating a device that is still awesome, nearly 2 years on.
I couldnít make this without you.
Install using TWRP. Probably best to wipe the device first.