[ROM][4.4.4][BeanStalk][OFFICIAL][I9300][Theme_Engine]

OP gimmeitorilltell

8th September 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,299

969 posts
Donate to Me
More
This rom was just compiled by me, Scott.Hart.bti has done the real work!
I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by Scott.Hart. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and Scott added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!
If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

I DO NOT OWN THIS DEVICE! I have only stepped up where another Dev could no longer maintain it.

• CM based
  • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
  • Customizable Lockscreen text color
  • Lockscreen rotation
  • Option to enable all widgets
  • Minimize lockscreen challange
  • Use widget carousel
  • Slider Shortcuts
  • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
  • Lockscreen button actions
  • LCD Density
  • Scroll elasticity options
  • Default App grip option
  • Custom Carrier label
  • Dual Pane options
  • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
  • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
  • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
  • Status bar color and transparency
  • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
  • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
  • Breathing SMS option
  • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
  • Do not disturb option
  • Show notification count
  • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
  • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
  • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
  • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
  • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
  • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
  • High end graphic effects option
  • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
  • Low battery warning customizable options
  • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
  • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
  • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
  • Less frequent Notification sounds options
  • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
  • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
  • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
  • CM Performance options and features
  • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
  • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
  • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
  • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

* You tell me?

Download:Slim Gapps

***For a complete listing of all supported BeanStalk devices and downloads, please visit www.goo.im/devs/beanstalk***

DOWNLOAD ROM:BeanStalk

Please download 4.4 Gapps from above.

• Make sure you are rooted with a custom recovery
  • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
  • Boot into recovery
  • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
  • Flash BeanStalk build
  • Flash GAPPs package
  • Reboot

SlimROM source can be found HERE
DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
My source can be found HERE

Credits:
Scott Hart for his source codes and amazing rom
Santod which inspired me to build after running his amazing roms! Also helping me along the way to learn to build.
Disconnecktie has pretty much schooled me every step & answered my questions.
Androidfilehost.com for rom hosting
InfectedRom.com for our amazing forum
Anyone else I may have left out, Thank you!

Donations are NOT required!
Last edited by gimmeitorilltell; 20th September 2014 at 04:41 AM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #2  

969 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is intended for a changelog when & if I can get my hands on one.

APP2SD "should" be in the next release.
Last edited by gimmeitorilltell; 8th September 2014 at 07:16 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #3  

969 posts
Donate to Me
More

So your interested in Building/Porting for another device?! Follow this guide! **Please make sure to give proper credits and Use the layout i have in the first post.** - If you need assistance, please send me a PM, do NOT post questions in this thread. I may open a general porting/building thread in another section depending on how this goes. You must have some general experience/knowledge in this area to complete this. Building from Linux platforms. In particular Ubuntu 10.04

If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Setup to build - This section can be skipped if youve ever built anything before. This is for first time build setup.
1. From your root terminal location, type the following: sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
2. Type: mkdir ~/bin
3. Type: PATH=~/bin:$PATH
4. Type: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
5. Type: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

From terminal
1. type 'cd'. This will bring you to your root folder.
2. type 'mkdir beanstalk'. This will create a folder named beanstalk.
3. type 'cd beanstalk'. This will take you to the beanstalk directory created from previous step
4. type 'repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b kk44'. This will setup the folders to be synced.
5. type 'repo sync'. This will sync the folders to your beanstalk directory. Note - This will take some time depending on internet connection. Be patient!
6. After the repo sync finally finishes, all you need to do is add your device, kernel, vendor specific files for the device you are building for. (You must know what these are, dont bother asking me if your not sure.)
7. Make sure all your device specific files are setup as if you were going to build for CM.
8. Outside of terminal, navigate to beanstalk/vendor/cm. Double click on the get-prebuilts file and select run in terminal. This will fetch necessary files needed to build and place them where they need to be.
9. Type '. build/envsetup.sh && brunch "device name"'
10. Previous step will start building beanstalk for your device. The process takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours depending on your computer.
11. Once completed, it will say package complete and you will have a beanstalk named zip file in your out folder.

Get BeanStalk!! Based off CM11.0 with TONS of features. Here
Get my rom "Inimitable V1.1" Here
Get ParanoidAndroid Port Here
Get AOKPCB Broccoli Port Here
You like JellyBeans? I got some right Here

If you like the above mentioned work, clicking thanks or donating to my rainy day fund by clicking here is a great way to show it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 36

101 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just excellent
Got it all! Thank you/!

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Im kindly asking for revision of the DL link.( Main link of BS DL) Even Im member of that site, its not working, perhaps reupload will be needed. Thank you very much.
8th September 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #5  
Flag London

101 posts
Donate to Me
More
Talking Link is working now
Thank you very much. Installation after DL.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Again with Boeffla kernel. ZZmoove perf. governor tunable. Phone isnt only quick - its flying! No delays, no FC..nothing. Thx a lot!
PS : Why is possible to hit thanks button only once per day...?hm...( joke)
PSS: Ill be testing battery but its depending mainly on kernel..anyway ill do it even i know result in advance.

Summary : All is working just excellent way. Cant be better.
The Following User Says Thank You to fbiangel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #6  
Flag The Heaven Of Punjab
Thanks Meter: 77

1,267 posts
More
There is no new cm theme engine & long press back button to kill app. Could you plz implement these features?
8th September 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 75

602 posts
Didn't try this Rom since there was no updates but thank you so much for making it official dear Dev :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
8th September 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #8  
Flag Sohar
Thanks Meter: 92

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoy

There is no new cm theme engine & long press back button to kill app. Could you plz implement these features?

+1
8th September 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #9  
Flag London

101 posts
Donate to Me
More
Small problem
After all day supersmooth run, Ive got some problem. System suddenly slowed down and UI ( next launcher pro) fall into loop. No other solution than reboot phone plus Go weather widget stopped working hanged on unknown error.

If anybody will have simillar issue, send it pls. Ill try this one :
1. Reflash ROM + boeffla
2. Reflash Rom without boeffla
3. Clean install not "update" way. - again without and with boeffla.

If ill fail, ill connect to comp and like usually Ill go app to app.

I cant read log. From unknown reason was erased and starting like just installed.

Note : All system inc all apps are fully updated.
8th September 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #10  

969 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsfreak

Didn't try this Rom since there was no updates but thank you so much for making it official dear Dev :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

And your comment is worth what in my thread? Nobody is twisting your arm to try this rom but you're welcome for it becoming official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoy

Theme engine is a huge task, especially in a rom that is tweaked as much as this one. I won't be tackling theme engine but if Scott would want to do so & need any help then I would give him a hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbiangel

After all day supersmooth run, Ive got some problem. System suddenly slowed down and UI ( next launcher pro) fall into loop. No other solution than reboot phone plus Go weather widget stopped working hanged on unknown error.

If anybody will have simillar issue, send it pls. Ill try this one :
1. Reflash ROM + boeffla
2. Reflash Rom without boeffla
3. Clean install not "update" way. - again without and with boeffla.

If ill fail, ill connect to comp and like usually Ill go app to app.

I cant read log. From unknown reason was erased and starting like just installed.

Note : All system inc all apps are fully updated.

I would bet that your kernel isn't playing too nice? Do you have apps2sd now? I don't think I had worked on it in this release.

The Following User Says Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beanstalk, i9300, i9300 beanstalk
Previous Thread Next Thread