Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,275 Members 42,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Kryten2k35: v17.2 Released!

[ROM][28th Jul] UltimaROM v17.2 Diablos[4.4.2][NE2][HD-VOICE][SAM/AOSP]

Tip us?

xanthrax
Old
(Last edited by xanthrax; 29th September 2012 at 04:06 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten2k35 View Post
Thanks I've been testing/making it for a couple of weeks and I was almost sure I'd ironed out any kinks in the installer and such. The ROM is very stable, but I find the Siyah 1.6.1 Kernel not to be so stable myself. Included it so others can use it if they wish. Hopefully, gokhanmoral can sort this! I'm using the stock kernel until I find Siyah is stable again. Shouldn't be long I think!
good thinking ! it`s better to test the rom first with stock and then , optional everyone can migrate to different ones.
my question -= from where can we download stock kernel in case of ... emergency ?
-=-=-
download speed ... i posted above ... you did not check it ... quite slow 200 mb after ... 10 min ... 500 left for 30 min ... but mot that bad ! we can have another beer until then !

DSA
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,015

DONATE TO ME
Nice to see it released

Good luck dude, if you need anything, let me know

Every time you don't use search or read the OP, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.
The most important post on XDA you will read
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DSA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tkpamorn
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Thanks I've been testing/making it for a couple of weeks and I was almost sure I'd ironed out any kinks in the installer and such. The ROM is very stable, but I find the Siyah 1.6.1 Kernel not to be so stable myself. Included it so others can use it if they wish. Hopefully, gokhanmoral can sort this! I'm using the stock kernel until I find Siyah is stable again. Shouldn't be long I think!

EDIT:

Let me know how the download speed is
about download speed I think it's normally speed now 40% of data. I look for rom that save battery life because I use SSGS3 by open internet unlimitted package then previous rom not support it's..

Geo1997
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Looks niice

Is it working with siyah kernel ? and what about a mod for volume keys to change tracks when screen off ?

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Looks niice

Is it working with siyah kernel ? and what about a mod for volume keys to change tracks when screen off ?

Don't forget the Thanks button when someone helps you.

My Androids :
Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300), 4.4.4 - SlimRom build 7.0

Old :
Tablet NewPad K10
Motorola Quench XT5

Threads and apps:
Guide : VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff (apps, music, ebooks, movies) you want without root
App : LFTMApp

xanthrax
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkpamorn View Post
about download speed I think it's normally speed now 40% of data. I look for rom that save battery life because I use SSGS3 by open internet unlimitted package then previous rom not support it's..
... what do you mean not support it`s ... ?

Kryten2k35
Old
(Last edited by Kryten2k35; 29th September 2012 at 04:24 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11,130

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthrax View Post
good thinking ! it`s better to test the rom first with stock and then , optional everyone can migrate to different ones.
my question -= from where can we download stock kernel in case of ... emergency ?
-=-=-
download speed ... i posted above ... you did not check it ... quite slow 200 mb after ... 10 min ... 500 left for 30 min ... but mot that bad ! we can have another beer until then !
The stock kernel is included in the ROM and is the default selected option in the installer. I'll include a a download for it

EDIT:

Done, link in downloads section, then you won't need to reflash the entire ROM if you want to revert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside Agent View Post
Nice to see it released

Good luck dude, if you need anything, let me know
Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo1997 View Post
Looks niice

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Looks niice

Yep it works with Siyah kernel and has 1.6.1 included. I didn't find 1.6rc1, rc2 or rc3 very good, though. I didn't test 1.6.1 enough myself before I went back to the stock kernel for now, but I put 1.6.1 in.

If you can link me to such a mod I'll look into it for you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryten2k35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xanthrax
Old
(Last edited by xanthrax; 29th September 2012 at 04:41 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,594

DONATE TO ME
thanx for the stock kernel link ! now we can play easier with which kernel we want reverting to original in case of ... emergency !
keep it up ! i`ll report back soon ! download finnished !
The Following User Says Thank You to xanthrax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geo1997
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
If you can link me to such a mod I'll look into it for you
[MOD] Long Press Volume Buttons to skip songs ;D

Don't forget the Thanks button when someone helps you.

My Androids :
Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300), 4.4.4 - SlimRom build 7.0

Old :
Tablet NewPad K10
Motorola Quench XT5

Threads and apps:
Guide : VPN - Access other countries' Play Store & download all the stuff (apps, music, ebooks, movies) you want without root
App : LFTMApp

xanthrax
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,594

DONATE TO ME
you didn`t mention yet but a full wipe is required , i think ... whatever that`s my way to do it !
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache/dalvik
format system/data/cache

Kryten2k35
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11,130

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthrax View Post
you didn`t mention yet but a full wipe is required , i think ... whatever that`s my way to do it !
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache/dalvik
format system/data/cache

Yeah if you're coming form ICS it's apparently a good idea to do a full wipe (including the internal SD card) because of the MediaScanner problem with Jelly Bean. This is mentioned in the issues section

However, you don't need to wipe davlik and cache as the installer does that for you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryten2k35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
jelly bean domination, kryten2k35, ultima, ultimate rom