[EFS][APP][18/4/14] Samsung Tool - Universal Support[BACKUP/RESTORE ON DEVICE]

Add sony TA partition support?(basically EFS for sony devices)

• YES

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Samsung Tool
image.png

DOWNLOAD V5.0 UNIVERSAL

THIS SUPPORTS ALL DEVICES WITH BUSYBOX INSTALLED

INSTALLATION
step 1. root your device(im not gonna explain in detail)
Step 2. install busybox - Stericsons Busybox installer
Step 3. open Stericsons Busybox installer and press install(after it completes you can unistall the app)
Step 4. install SamsungTool, open it and press backup

Features
*Backup EFS(from internal or external sdcard)
*Restore EFS(from internal or external sdcard)
*Reboot
*Hot Reboot
*Reboot Recovery
*Reboot Download
*Donate
*Show Thead

This is just a quick tool i made to backup/restore your EFS partition, i also integrated a reboot menu incase you need to reboot and added a "Donate" option incase you would like to contribute to this, and a "Show Thread" option to check for updates :) will upload to playstore soon

CHANGELOG
V5.0
automatic support for ANY device with busybox
added md5 checking for backups
added md5 checks for restore
fixed method of getting device properties
EFS autoblock detection for devices with busybox
more verbal and improved logging
support added for SM-G900I
support added for SM-G900P
support added for SM-G900W8

OLDER
V4.0
added support for SM-G900A
added support for SM-G900T
Fixed some logging typo's
V3.0
added automatic device detection
updated UI
logging added
more device support added
S5 support(G900F/H)
V2.0
added backup/restore from external sdcard
V1.0
initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
Samsung Tool, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
ricky310711

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-18
Beta Release Date: 2014-01-15

Created 2014-01-08
Last Updated 2014-11-16​

Last edited:

DjoeN

Aug 10, 2010
Planet Earth
i will add that option in next version but internal in more secure as sdcard can get lost, damaged, corrupt etc..
thanks for the idea though! :highfive:

External SD support would be perfect!

Some roms with aroma installer ask for a clean wipe and if you say yes, internal is also wiped, byby backup
Maybe call me overcarefull, but i do copy nandroid backups and other backups, to my desktop pc (Luckly i never had a faulty SD, but there's a 1st time for everything :D

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney

Some roms with aroma installer ask for a clean wipe and if you say yes, internal is also wiped, byby backup
Maybe call me overcarefull, but i do copy nandroid backups and other backups, to my desktop pc (Luckly i never had a faulty SD, but there's a 1st time for everything :D

your correct as sdcard is located in /data/media , and when some wipes wipe /data they forget to exclude media and sdcard is wiped!
i will add external sd support ASAP!

Reactions: keithatoz

dionysos77

Jan 19, 2007
May be a stupid question but there is no mention so I prefer to ask.
Do we need to be ROOTED to use that ?

srv.abhishek

Aug 28, 2012
Death Star

your correct as sdcard is located in /data/media , and when some wipes wipe /data they forget to exclude media and sdcard is wiped!
i will add external sd support ASAP!

correct me guys if i am wrong but wiping the sdcard doesn't affect the EFS.. i have wiped sdcard sometimes and deselected modem in ROMs.. still things go fine
my understanding is that when sdcard is wiped, .../storage/sdcard contents are deleted.. the efs however is under /

dhirend_6d

May 9, 2011
Bangalore
correct me guys if i am wrong but wiping the sdcard doesn't affect the EFS.. i have wiped sdcard sometimes and deselected modem in ROMs.. still things go fine
my understanding is that when sdcard is wiped, .../storage/sdcard contents are deleted.. the efs however is under /

Yes you are correct. But they are talking about something else. :p :p

This app backups /efs partition on internal SD card.
So during installing ROMs/using AROMA installer and stuff like that, sometimes it requires to do a complete wipe. And the internal SD card also requires wiping (Also during changing CSC, internal SD gets wiped). So, in that scenario, the backup would get deleted. And hence the requirement of backing up to external SD card.

Reactions: west421

west421

Feb 25, 2011
Plovdiv
Yes you are correct. But they are talking about something else. :p :p

This app backups /efs partition on internal SD card.
So during installing ROMs/using AROMA installer and stuff like that, sometimes it requires to do a complete wipe. And the internal SD card also requires wiping (Also during changing CSC, internal SD gets wiped). So, in that scenario, the backup would get deleted. And hence the requirement of backing up to external SD card.

In this case you are right.But ........... i have an EFS backup made in 06.11.2013 on internal SD.Since 06.11 i reinstalled probably 11 times different ROM's.My EFS backup .tar.gz and .img is still there.I think that wipe do not touch backup files and folders.

Attachments

• efs.png
    efs.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,390

Top Liked Posts