Android 4.3 Discussion thread

Tip us?

Jonny
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7304

DONATE TO ME
Default Android 4.3 Discussion thread

All Android 4.3 Discussion to be posted in this thread please, all others will be locked.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Theshawty
Old
(Last edited by Theshawty; 29th June 2013 at 06:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4185

DONATE TO ME
Let me start off by saying this. The android 4.3 leak the GS4 has in incomplete (it is after all a leak). It does not have any 4.3-specific goodies, it is very similar to 4.2.2. It does have a new camera, though, but the Google Edition 4.2.2's for the S4 and HTC One have this camera as well.

Samsung has also implemented SELinux in a way that it blocks root access (though strangely enough not to ADB).

EDIT: Samsung only seem to block their leaks/beta's while the releases are ok. Do you think they do this to ensure that they can't be rooted, so they can gather our reports on how they are? After all, some root-related activities may or may not affect the performance.

This is what I've concluded by reading around here and there and also based on what Chainfire has said.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Phone: HTC One | S-OFF Galaxy Nexus (temporary)

I do not answer support PM's, they will be ignored.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Theshawty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7487
Can I add that the 4.3 leaks will be almost impossible to successfully port due to them being compiled for a completely different hardware spec (chipset, gfx, camera etc).

It may be possible to port and get it booting and a couple of functions working but this would be a long and pointless endeavor

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leboreiro
Old
Thanks Meter 79

DONATE TO ME
well im not an very developing advanced user but i think if there is not even the official 4.2 released for the s3 . making and 4.3 based would be a VERY hard work to make it full operative. i think istead of trying this difficult work, there should be someone figuring out how to unlock the internal storage blocking issue (obb folder for example) that you can't copy anything in it without and third party app. sorry for my crappy english hope u get my point.
The Following User Says Thank You to leboreiro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shrome99
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Can I add that the 4.3 leaks will be almost impossible to successfully port due to them being compiled for a completely different hardware spec (chipset, gfx, camera etc).

It may be possible to port and get it booting and a couple of functions working but this would be a long and pointless endeavor

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Yup, by the time we get anything working, official 4.3 would be out. Plus, we wouldn't get much from porting anyway since it barely has anything new yet

coolnessQ
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
Why even want android v4.3 its the same as 4.2 give me v5.0

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

FrankyDoodle
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnessQ View Post
Why even want android v4.3 its the same as 4.2 give me v5.0

The changes are under the hood, also why should Google change the UI in 4.3 when 5.0 is just around the corner.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

coolnessQ
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Frank) View Post
The changes are under the hood, also why should Google change the UI in 4.3 when 5.0 is just around the corner.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Here and there a little change is always welcome

DeadSOL
Old
Thanks Meter 1790
My internet gets disconnected for more than 3 weeks and 4.3 was already leaked in an incomplete state. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Android devices owned: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, 8GB, Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, 16GB (Pebble Blue), Nexus 7 (2013), 32GB, Nexus 5, 32 GB

Theshawty
Old
Thanks Meter 4185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSOL View Post
My internet gets disconnected for more than 3 weeks and 4.3 was already leaked in an incomplete state. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Not for i9300

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Phone: HTC One | S-OFF Galaxy Nexus (temporary)

I do not answer support PM's, they will be ignored.

The Following User Says Thank You to Theshawty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]