5,597,138 Members 43,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Australian Galaxy S3 Thread

Tip us?

dtcobra
Old
(Last edited by dtcobra; 12th February 2013 at 06:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Ok so to make sure Im doing this correctly..

My baseband version is I9300TDUELL2.

So I can choose any NeatROM or FoxHound upgrade as long as it works on 4.1.2? Do I have to worry about XXEMA or DUELL2 etc etc cause that's confusing! And there's no dedicated site with all these ROMS etc..

I'm tossing up between NeatROM, CyanogenMod and FoxHound but the kernels or baseband version confuse me. I dont want to brick my phone.

JohnnyGT
Old
Thanks Meter 203
GT-I9300 - Australia
PDA: I9300XXEMA2
CSC: I9300XSAEMA1
Version: 4.1.2
Date: 2013-01-30
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Download
http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=11629#
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyGT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weetbix40118
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys, I've had information overload this afternoon trying to figure out what I do to get my phone to a stock, unbranded firmware.

I have a GT-I9300T that I got on plan from Vodafone. I have since bought it out off them, unlocked it and moved to TPG which I believe uses Optus network. I want to get it to a stock, unbranded Samsung firmware without the Vodafone bloat and that gets OTA updates nice n quick.

Model: GT-I9300T

*#1234* shows me the following.
AP: I9300TDUELL2
CP: I9300TDUELL2
CSC: I9300TVAUELL2

What do I need to do to get it to where I want?

Can I flash the Aus XSA I9300 firmware on my I9300T? If I do this do I read that I have to do something to the CSC?
Do I flash the latest Thailand firmware to keep a I9300T based firmware on?

I have the Odin flashing guide from XDA with me, just need to know what firmware I should be using.

Cheers

blakamin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by weetbix40118 View Post
Hi guys, I've had information overload this afternoon trying to figure out what I do to get my phone to a stock, unbranded firmware.

I have a GT-I9300T that I got on plan from Vodafone. I have since bought it out off them, unlocked it and moved to TPG which I believe uses Optus network. I want to get it to a stock, unbranded Samsung firmware without the Vodafone bloat and that gets OTA updates nice n quick.

Can I flash the Aus XSA I9300 firmware on my I9300T? If I do this do I read that I have to do something to the CSC?

I have the Odin flashing guide from XDA with me, just need to know what firmware I should be using.

Cheers
Read the post above yours
about 8 androids

furyau
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I know that they say the modem is unchanged but just in-case, I took the modem and RIL out of I9300XXEMA2_I9300OPSEMA1_OPS.zip (latest Optus i9300 stock firmware).

GT-I9300 - Australia (Optus)
PDA: I9300XXEMA2
CSC: I9300OPSEMA1
Version: 4.1.2
Date: 2013-01-29
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=11301

It is probably a placebo but it does seem to have better stability on the Optus network than the stock XXELLA modem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip modem_RIL_CWM_I9300OPSXXELLA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.27 MB, 92 views)

Kangburra
Old
Thanks Meter 510

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyau View Post

It is probably a placebo but it does seem to have better stability on the Optus network than the stock XXELLA modem.
I keep flashing the stock MA2 and the Optus MA2 and I think the Optus one is better here. No scientific proof just signal strength seems higher when I check it.
CWM Recovery for GT-I9205

SILENTLIGHT ROM for GT-I9205

Latest Stock ROM for GT-I9205/9200

b_bhavu
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by weetbix40118 View Post

Cheers
In order to get OTA update you have to be on Vodafone branded firmware as your phone's serial number is assigned to Vodafone. Nevertheless you can always flash unbranded firmware manually through odin. You can find Australia unbranded firmware from the firmware section of sammobile website.
Press Thanks button if My post helped you!

slapdatass
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horaldo View Post
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
So, a question - running the Vodafone stock 4.1.2, my others.xml file doesn't actually have this line. I've added it but haven't gotten the sound toggle appearing in the camera. Anyone have any idea how I can get that going?

A number of US ROMs seem to have a features.xml file they add/change it to but that doesn't seem to be a feature in this ROM...

kamalmawa
Old
Thanks Meter 884
Default Re: Australian Galaxy S3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangburra View Post
I keep flashing the stock MA2 and the Optus MA2 and I think the Optus one is better here. No scientific proof just signal strength seems higher when I check it.
Your mind playing tricks on you.. It is impossible :P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Device: Sony Xperia Z C6603
ROM: Stock 10.4.1.B.0.101 Rooted
Kernel: Stock

Old Devices Sold: Galaxy S I9000, Galaxy S3 I9300T (Goodbye Samsung)

Xperia Z Australian Firmwares
S3 RIL+Modem Thread
S3 Stock Kernels Thread

Kangburra
Old
Thanks Meter 510

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalmawa View Post
Your mind playing tricks on you.. It is impossible :P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
I know that really, just keep flashing between them for something to do I think!
CWM Recovery for GT-I9205

SILENTLIGHT ROM for GT-I9205

Latest Stock ROM for GT-I9205/9200