DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[BASEBAND] [RIL] Telcel CMW Modem and RIL UBELL1

OP MrFhenix

13th February 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #11  
Flag San Luis Potosi
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
More
So far so good installed on 4.1.2 ELLA, Philz Touch Recovery 4.35 and Perseus 30/01 Kernel, better connection, with ELLA modem it took ages to connect a call, now it is a really quick connection, keep up the good work, thanks a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to Alf0903 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 05:03 AM   |  #12  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1,044

1,400 posts
More
Re: [BASEBAND] [RIL] Telcel CMW Modem and RIL UBELL1
What's the difference between what you posted and what I posted here ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=74
I checked the MD5s they are the same RILs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by kamalmawa; 13th February 2013 at 05:27 AM.
13th February 2013, 05:27 AM   |  #13  
Flag San Luis Potosi

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalmawa

What's the difference between what you posted and what I posted here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36995376
I checked the MD5s they are the same RILs

It may be pretty much the same, as far as I can see, but this one was extracted directly from TELCEL's ROM, so I would think it is branded for our Mexican carrier, being that just my best guess.
13th February 2013, 06:25 AM   |  #14  
Flag Melbourne

1,400 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf0903

It may be pretty much the same, as far as I can see, but this one was extracted directly from TELCEL's ROM, so I would think it is branded for our Mexican carrier, being that just my best guess.

Doesn't matter which ROM you extracted from If the MD5 is the same that means nothing changed... They don't change the RILs for specific carrier... Only for deferent modems.. In fact sometimes they use the same RILs different modems

Last edited by kamalmawa; 13th February 2013 at 06:35 AM.
13th February 2013, 06:35 AM   |  #15  
Flag San Luis Potosi

35 posts
More
Quote:

If the MD5 is the same that means nothing changed.. doesn't matter which ROM you extracted from... They don't change the RILs for specific carrier... Only for deferent modems.. In fact sometimes they use the same RILs different modems

So there is your answer, it is the same, which makes sense, since both modems (the one for your post, and this one) are for latinamerican carriers, the main difference would be for us final users, who do not have your technical skills, to have them compared, so it must be a feeling safe sense, to flash the modem extracted fron our carrier, that would be the final, and may be the must important difference.
13th February 2013, 09:30 AM   |  #16  
Quote:

Doesn't matter which ROM you extracted from If the MD5 is the same that means nothing changed... They don't change the RILs for specific carrier... Only for deferent modems.. In fact sometimes they use the same RILs different modems

actually Mr kamawala I have to disagree it can have the same RIL but the actual modem can be optimized differently for what ever the carrier needs you can see the size difference from your file and mine telcel modem . bin is much smaller in size I invite you to download it and compare them your self :thumbup:
cheerios
by the way thanks for your thread
salutations
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360744054198.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1725911  
13th February 2013, 11:12 AM   |  #17  
Flag Melbourne

1,400 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermartz

actually Mr kamawala I have to disagree it can have the same RIL but the actual modem can be optimized differently for what ever the carrier needs you can see the size difference from your file and mine telcel modem . bin is much smaller in size I invite you to download it and compare them your self :thumbup:
cheerios
by the way thanks for your thread
salutations

What you compared is two zip files which contains the modem.bin.. the zip file you edited just compressed bit more than what I originally posted probably due to different programs we both used.. Look at the screen shot below it's the same modem.bin file with same size, same modified date and same MD5...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	modem_Compare.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1726042  
13th February 2013, 02:22 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 163

580 posts
Working good with Movistar - Colombia.

Thanks
15th February 2013, 07:15 AM   |  #19  
Flag puebla
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
More
Qué onda yo estoy usando últimamente omega rom v42 y desde la versión 39 he notado que mi servicio de Internet telcel estaba muy lento y que muy seguido me quedaba sin señal y realmente no sabía porque, hice wipe y volví a instalar todo y he actualizado para ver si se resolvía, pero lo, seguía igual, así que acabo de instalar este tweak y ya les contaré si noto una mejora en el servicio de Internet y señal.

Saludos

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
15th February 2013, 07:43 AM   |  #20  
Flag Buried deep inside my mind
Thanks Meter: 73

1,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaneck

Qué onda yo estoy usando últimamente omega rom v42 y desde la versión 39 he notado que mi servicio de Internet telcel estaba muy lento y que muy seguido me quedaba sin señal y realmente no sabía porque, hice wipe y volví a instalar todo y he actualizado para ver si se resolvía, pero lo, seguía igual, así que acabo de instalar este tweak y ya les contaré si noto una mejora en el servicio de Internet y señal.

Saludos

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Telcel sucks, that´s the only reason, in Puebla I had no more than 2mb, in Guadalajara between 1 and 1.5mb, and been using european roms for quite a while, can´t tell you now cause I´m in the US with no data plan, went for an iphone 5 and got over 12mb in 3g

what I recommend you is using any euro rom without considering the modem and keep it, and take your phone to telcel and tell them they suck

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ril and modem, telcel, ubell1, ubell6
Previous Thread Next Thread