XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BB AMOLED and Exynos :(

Tip us?

KMino
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Default Re: BB AMOLED and Exynos :(

I think XDA should get into Betting!

$100 on it not being Snapdragon please the post above hit me.. Sound quality is very important, almost forgot about that... Wonder how Sony is at it ummm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

LenAsh
Old
Thanks Meter 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkevinloren2006 View Post
samsung announced that want to sell 100million galaxy s4!!. but with this screen i dont think so. i think ita just a rumor and hopefully we see amoled and exynos:thumbup:
99% of smartphone buyers haven't a clue what screen technology their phone has, or care.

Irrespective, they'll sell like mad.
Moto G 16GB (Good noddy phone for Mrs Ash)
Sony Xperia ZL - Actually better than the Z for me - and LOUD!
LG G2 D802 - rooted Stock with Bloat removed
HTC One - good and terrible in One package
iPAD 2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LenAsh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ballsofsteel
Old
Thanks Meter 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenAsh View Post
99% of smartphone buyers haven't a clue what screen technology their phone has, or care.

Irrespective, they'll sell like mad.
Precisely. They only really care if the display looks good or not, and not the underlying technology that powers it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 CM 10.2 Official/1 Ghz Exynos 3110/512 MB RAM
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Stock/1.4 Ghz Exynos 4412/1 GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 Stock/1.9 Ghz Snapdragon 600/2 GB RAM

AndreiLux
Old
(Last edited by AndreiLux; 25th February 2013 at 01:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
Considering that the Octa uses almost 5W when maxed out, I think it will be a good thing for everyone if they went with the Snapdragon. Besides I think the 600 is going to be really great for developers(especially for CM), as most phones in 2013 are going to be using them. The Snapdragon is also supposed to be 40% faster than the previous S4 Pro, so that means that it'll be pretty much on par with a fully fledged A15, while consuming less W.
The Snapdragons are nowhere even near A15 performance, maybe the S800 but that's still away.

Compare with Tegra 4:

The Octa would be only 100MHz lower than the T4. Still regardless, you can compare that to the S600 scores, at least on the CPU side.

5W at load would be good. The 4210 peaked at 3.5W without the GPU, it was a hot phone, but it was usable. We're probably seeing higher peak dissipation than that. Average consumption would be fantastic due to the A7's though.

Anyway we'll see.

On one hand we have Samsung doing their PR release of the Octa and touting their 4.99" screen behind the scenes, and ARM employees basically sure of themselves confirming that it'll ship this spring, but that was a few months ago. OLED association actually confirmed the S4 having that screen back in November but none of the news sites caught that.

On the other hand we have sensible reasons, and supposedly leaked and credible benchmarks pretty much confirming the S600, plus several other reports.

In my opinion it's not a Galaxy S phone anymore and they should call it something else. I wouldn't release it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
Precisely. They only really care if the display looks good or not, and not the underlying technology that powers it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The uninformed user prefers the colourful and deeper blacks of AMOLED displays, don't think that many people beyond enthusiasts really care that much for "accurate" colours. An S-Stripe display as on the Note 2 has no disadvantages over any LCD.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndreiLux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

delsus
Old
Thanks Meter 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiLux View Post
The Snapdragons are nowhere even near A15 performance, maybe the S800 but that's still away.

Compare with Tegra 4:

The Octa would be only 100MHz lower than the T4. Still regardless, you can compare that to the S600 scores, at least on the CPU side.

5W at load would be good. The 4210 peaked at 3.5W without the GPU, it was a hot phone, but it was usable. We're probably seeing higher peak dissipation than that. Average consumption would be fantastic due to the A7's though.

Anyway we'll see.

On one hand we have Samsung doing their PR release of the Octa and touting their 4.99" screen behind the scenes, and ARM employees basically sure of themselves confirming that it'll ship this spring, but that was a few months ago. OLED association actually confirmed the S4 having that screen back in November but none of the news sites caught that.

On the other hand we have sensible reasons, and supposedly leaked and credible benchmarks pretty much confirming the S600, plus several other reports.

In my opinion it's not a Galaxy S phone anymore and they should call it something else. I wouldn't release it like that.

The uninformed user prefers the colourful and deeper blacks of AMOLED displays, don't think that many people beyond enthusiasts really care that much for "accurate" colours. An S-Stripe display as on the Note 2 has no disadvantages over any LCD.
There's no such thing as a credible benchmark, they can be faked easily, news sites just find apparent prototype phones in the databases for benchmarks with no name on them. It could have been posted by Bob down the road with a modified build.prop and news sites would cover it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3.

ROM: Whatever I feel like at any one time

Kernel: Please see above

AndreiLux
Old
Thanks Meter 13339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsus View Post
There's no such thing as a credible benchmark, they can be faked easily, news sites just find apparent prototype phones in the databases for benchmarks with no name on them. It could have been posted by Bob down the road with a modified build.prop and news sites would cover it.
Bob down the road did an extremely good job in faking OpenGL extensions and Qualcomm driver versions.

yahyoh
Old
Thanks Meter 1873
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsus View Post

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Gnote2 Rom: XXUENB4 kernel: Stock
Galaxy S2 ROM: XWLSW 4.1.2 Kernel: Stock
Galaxy Nexus ROM:CM11 Kernel: CM stock kernel

yahyoh
Old
Thanks Meter 1873
here we go first Snapdragon S800 sunspider test O_o

thats joke
Gnote2 Rom: XXUENB4 kernel: Stock
Galaxy S2 ROM: XWLSW 4.1.2 Kernel: Stock
Galaxy Nexus ROM:CM11 Kernel: CM stock kernel

gaspernemec
Old
Thanks Meter 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyoh View Post

Lool....seriously i dont see reason samsung would use snapdragon 600...when they have tegra 4 (if they cannot use exynos)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

HTC ONE
GALAXY SIII
GALAXY NOTE III
GALAXY FIT
SONY XPERIA GO

victorinoxs
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Fingers crossed that they get rid of AMOLED....why do people like AMOLED so much? It ages and deteriorates over time causing burn-in marks; it drains 3X more power than modern LCD when displaying lighter colors; it's color reproduction is never accurate; the viewing angle isn't as good as that of modern LCD technologies either.....it's such an immature technology......

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe