Get the best of S3's sound

Tip us?

Melissakis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Get the best of S3's sound

Hi,
I am not much of a hard core audiophile and I can settle with almost any sound quality, but I recently bought a decent mid-range IEM, the Sony HM1. So, I wonder if there is any way to be sure that I get the best S3 has to give. I use:
-Sony HM1
-Rocket player (paid version, the one with the unlocked equalizer).
-At least 192bit rated MP3s.
-Volume enhancer mod
So, is there any other mod, program or anything else that can take full advantage of S3's potential, if any? Thanks!

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704138

Your question has been posted multiple times . Forum rules require you to search before posting .
Google <<< I9300 your search terms > xda

Sound Thread .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1633685

Try Viper4Android .

Melissakis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I posted these questions right after I read some pages of that threat and I was just hoping for a medium-sized sum or a small guide with the steps necessary. I will move my question there then, thanks and sorry.

paintball23456
Old
Thanks Meter 192

DONATE TO ME
one word. poweramp. no other mods/apps needed. Best audio comes from poweramp. Must be stupid to argue against that.
ArchiDroid V1.7.5 Most powerful rom ever!
Boeffla kernel V12
This setup is stupid quick!

veer01_42
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Sammy GS3 + Nothing = Decent Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis View Post
Hi,
I am not much of a hard core audiophile and I can settle with almost any sound quality, but I recently bought a decent mid-range IEM, the Sony HM1. So, I wonder if there is any way to be sure that I get the best S3 has to give. I use:
-Sony HM1
-Rocket player (paid version, the one with the unlocked equalizer).
-At least 192bit rated MP3s.
-Volume enhancer mod
So, is there any other mod, program or anything else that can take full advantage of S3's potential, if any? Thanks!
In all honesty, to get the best sound you need good source and as you rightly did, at least 192kbps audio. But I have numerous songs that sound much better at 320 than 192 and when played back side by side, you hear the diff. My father who is half deaf heard it.

My recommendation for music is simple, highest bitrate you can afford given the storage you have (getting a 64gb Micro SD card remedies that issue quickly, the Samsung model is the best i've use so far), equalisers and volume normalisers are just to flavour the music to your taste, more bass here, a little mid there, or to compensate for a particular bias your headphone may have. I use a Senheisser HD 201 and HD 202. The 201 is flat and pure, the 202 is bassy and wild so i adjust to suit. FYI I'm current using JetAudio Pro with the AM3D Effects set to 40 and 50.

Hope this helps.

Btw, if you just looking for louder, the tablets, Nexus 7 and the like have higher volume outputs on their headphone jacks so be aware of that.

Melissakis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by veer01_42 View Post
Hope this helps.

Btw, if you just looking for louder, the tablets, Nexus 7 and the like have higher volume outputs on their headphone jacks so be aware of that.
It sure did, thanks! Having high bitrate and a decent IEM, I just wanted to be sure that S3's hardware has no room for improvements, a better kernel or some other tweak.
About Nexus 7, are you sure it has higher output? I have both S3 and Nexus 7 and I just tried it, on the same volume level, S3 is way more louder. Just bear in mind that I used this sound enhancement tweak on S3.

Cameltoemcgee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Pure audio and Wolfson Sound engine, Poweramp with all post processing turned off.

That is all

Melissakis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameltoemcgee View Post
Pure audio and Wolfson Sound engine, Poweramp with all post processing turned off.

That is all
Poweramp, check.
About the other two, could you be more specific? I'm a noob. About the Pure audio, I know that's it's a flashable zip, does it give me after the flashing a app that tweaks the sound? And what about wolfson sound engine, could you please give me a link?
Currently I use googy-max kernel, which enables the wolfson sound engine via STweaks. Would it be better to use something else? Maybe all of these questions have already been answered, but it's very difficult to collect all the info available. Thank you all!

Cameltoemcgee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis View Post
Poweramp, check.
About the other two, could you be more specific? I'm a noob. About the Pure audio, I know that's it's a flashable zip, does it give me after the flashing a app that tweaks the sound? And what about wolfson sound engine, could you please give me a link?
Currently I use googy-max kernel, which enables the wolfson sound engine via STweaks. Would it be better to use something else? Maybe all of these questions have already been answered, but it's very difficult to collect all the info available. Thank you all!
Sure! i use googymax too with the wolfson engine, my settings are: headphone equalizer: Enable WITHOUT saturation Prevention.

EQ Presets: Use graphical equalizer

at the bottom of stweaks i turn on DAC direct and DAC oversampling but leave the others.

Pure audio - flash the zip, make sure that DSP manager isn't installed otherwise it'll do nothing. remove it with titanium backup if you hvae it.
pure audio doesn't give you options to adjust because you don't need it. it won't give you any indication that its running when you're listening to music either... but you'll know if you've done it right

If you do feel the need to adjust eq, then use the eq in Stweaks, or poweramp even if you find it easier.

Hope it helps!

Melissakis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameltoemcgee View Post
Sure! i use googymax too with the wolfson engine, my settings are: headphone equalizer: Enable WITHOUT saturation Prevention.

EQ Presets: Use graphical equalizer

at the bottom of stweaks i turn on DAC direct and DAC oversampling but leave the others.

Pure audio - flash the zip, make sure that DSP manager isn't installed otherwise it'll do nothing. remove it with titanium backup if you hvae it.
pure audio doesn't give you options to adjust because you don't need it. it won't give you any indication that its running when you're listening to music either... but you'll know if you've done it right

If you do feel the need to adjust eq, then use the eq in Stweaks, or poweramp even if you find it easier.

Hope it helps!
Thank you so much for the reply, you've cleared everything out!