A Complete Thread About Upgrading Samsung Galaxy S III to Android Lollipop 5.1.1

Search This thread

Reb0t

Nov 29, 2015
Sidi Bouzid
Hello everybody! I have searched for all the topics talking about How to your S III to Lollipop 5.1.1? So i'm here today to show you the complete steps to:
I - Root your Phone.
II - Flashing the recovery Mode.
III - Installing the ROM in your device.
IIII - Enjoying the Lollipop 5.1.1

HTML:
WARNING:
-I'm not responsable for any damage can caused in your device or losing your SD Card. Everything is working fine in my device.
I - Root your phone:
Rooting your device is so easy that means to give your OS a new options contains Flashing ROMs
So to root your phone you need a PC and a software called Odin. First search on it and download it

After downloading software: to open it:
1) Right Click on the Winrar ZIP.
2) Choose "extract files" option.
3) Then you'll have a folder open it.
4) Right Click on Odion.exe (application)
5) Choose "Run as administartion".
6) The Proogram will be opened.
7) Next to complete the rest of rooting you should get the access to download in your device by :
_Click the "-" Volume button + Power Button + Home Button together for a little while.
_ Then click "+" Volume Button.

8) Now Connect your PC with your device using USB cable then wait windows installs drivers (for 10 or 20 secs) and you'll see a blue case in the left corner upper.
9) Click on "PDA" Button and search the file "CF-Root".
10) Click on "Start" button after few minutes Odin will show in the up of the bleu square "RESET!"
If everything is done like the above steps then Reboot your phone and remove the USB cable . then you'll see a new application added called "Super SU" that means your device rooted successfully

Note: if you are not seeing the "CWM" on your device that means the "ClockWorkMod" application not installed yet so you must download it by the following steps:
1) Go to the PlayStore and write in the search bar: "Rom Manger".
2) Then you'll see "Rom Manager" application download it.

II - Flashing the recovery Mode:
So after you downloadthe clockworkmodmod application now you have to install the recovery on your device to do that:
1) Open the applicaion installed.
2) Choose the first option "Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery".
3) Choose your phone's name from the list once you find it, click on it.
4) Once the installing finished, Power off your phone
_Click "+" Volume Button + Power Button + Home Button simultanity (to ckeck the result).
And now the last part of all this.

III- Installing the ROM on your device:
Note: you must have a SD Card of 2GB or more
First thing to install the ROM you need to download GAPPS (Google Apps) and the ROM
Why we are needing GAPPS?
GAPPS is the complitation of google Apps on the new ROM.

You can download them from any website
After downloading them as a Winrar ZIP on your PC copy them and past them on your SD Card. Now to flash everything and install Lollipop on your Android device:
1) Put your SD Card on your device.
2) Click on "+" Volume Button and the power button and the home button in the same time.
3) The ClockWorkMod Recovery will open
_Go to "Wipe data/cache " option and click on it by the power button, then Select YES.
_ The Same thing in "Wipe cache" option.

Currently your device is wipped or formatted

Now Flash Your ROM:
_ Go to "install ZIP from SD Card " option, Select your ROM that u installed it on your SD Card by the power button.
_then the same thing to installing GAPPS.

Once Everything is done and you see "installing complete", Reboot your system now (open your device)
Finally your device is upgrading to Lollipop 5.1.1!

So yeah! that's all, Thank you for your support and we hope this work be helpful!! ;):laugh:

ukchy123

Jun 2, 2009
Hello everybody! I have searched for all the topics talking about How to your S III to Lollipop 5.1.1? So i'm here today to show you the complete steps to:
I - Root your Phone.

HTML:
WARNING:
-I'm not responsable for any damage can caused in your device or losing your SD Card. Everything is working fine in my device.
I - Root your phone:
Rooting your device is so easy that means to give your OS a new options contains Flashing ROMs
So to root your phone you need a PC and a software called Odin. First search on it and download it

7) Next to complete the rest of rooting you should get the access to download in your device by :
_Click the "-" Volume button + Power Button + Home Button together for a little while.

8) Now Connect your PC with your device using USB cable then wait windows installs drivers (for 10 or 20 secs) and you'll see a blue case in the left corner upper.
10) Click on "Start" button after few minutes Odin will show in the up of the bleu square "RESET!"
If everything is done like the above steps then Reboot your phone and remove the USB cable . then you'll see a new application added called "Super SU" that means your device rooted successfully

Note: if you are not seeing the "CWM" on your device that means the "ClockWorkMod" application not installed yet so you must download it by the following steps:

So after you downloadthe clockworkmodmod application now you have to install the recovery on your device to do that:
_Click "+" Volume Button + Power Button + Home Button simultanity (to ckeck the result).

First thing to install the ROM you need to download GAPPS (Google Apps) and the ROM

After downloading them as a Winrar ZIP on your PC copy them and past them on your SD Card. Now to flash everything and install Lollipop on your Android device:
2) Click on "+" Volume Button and the power button and the home button in the same time.
_Go to "Wipe data/cache " option and click on it by the power button, then Select YES.

Now Flash Your ROM:
_ Go to "install ZIP from SD Card " option, Select your ROM that u installed it on your SD Card by the power button.

Once Everything is done and you see "installing complete", Reboot your system now (open your device)

So yeah! that's all, Thank you for your support and we hope this work be helpful!! ;):laugh:
Hi Thanx, where to download the ROM package from?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I - Root your Phone.

HTML:
    WARNING:
    I - Root your phone:

Now Flash Your ROM: