EEs uk lte

Search This thread

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
I tweeted EE about early upgrade, and here is their reply...

Screenshot_2012-09-11-13-01-04.png

Also, there is a rumor going around that there is an update available very soon to make the SGS3 4G compatible. Somehow I don't see this being true.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Blush91

Mar 15, 2012
london
I tweeted EE about early upgrade, and here is their reply...

Screenshot_2012-09-11-13-01-04.png

Also, there is a rumor going around that there is an update available very soon to make the SGS3 4G compatible. Somehow I don't see this being true.

i doubt this very much because the chipset is different the only way that will be possible is if the 4g signal was locked on our chipsets and they needed to be unlocked but i doubt this very much as its all about making money for these companies

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
i doubt this very much because the chipset is different the only way that will be possible is if the 4g signal was locked on our chipsets and they needed to be unlocked but i doubt this very much as its all about making money for these companies

Well that's exactly what I'm thinking, but I heard that someone in Germany received an update which enabled 4G. Highly unlikely if you ask me.

Blush91

Mar 15, 2012
london
Well that's exactly what I'm thinking, but I heard that someone in Germany received an update which enabled 4G. Highly unlikely if you ask me.

well as i doubt it very much i wouldnt put it past samsung to be extremely cheeky like that and use the same chipset with just different waves
but i suppose once its out and someone compares we might be in luck

projectsome

Nov 1, 2010
I thought the S3 was already 4G/LTE compatible, and assumed it wasn't activated or in use due to the lack of 4G/LTE signal not being broadcast.

Either way, I'm due an upgrade on 2 of my lines.

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
I thought the S3 was already 4G/LTE compatible, and assumed it wasn't activated or in use due to the lack of 4G/LTE signal not being broadcast.

Either way, I'm due an upgrade on 2 of my lines.

I hope that's true.

I'm not due an upgrade on my 2nd line until December, and I can't really afford a 3rd line, hence why I'm cancelling my 2nd in December.

cyrexking

Jun 26, 2012
cardiff
I have two lines with vodafone and there data capped to 750 is very annoying specially when im paying 41 pounds one and 35 on the other on.
One of my lines is going to end in Feb while the other one ends in may.

I think ill have to wait to see if 3g would get 4g cause in my opinion for smart phone unlimited data is a must have

krs360

Dec 18, 2007
Devon, UK
Android Wear
Google Pixel 6
I reckon they should work on actually delivering some signal, any signal, 2g, 3g, even 1g, for rural parts of the country!

Or at the very least enable UMA for the S3. It worked great on the S2, and not delivering it for the S3 pisses me right off! I have to stand in my kitchen, near the window to get a signal!

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
I have two lines with vodafone and there data capped to 750 is very annoying specially when im paying 41 pounds one and 35 on the other on.
One of my lines is going to end in Feb while the other one ends in may.

I think ill have to wait to see if 3g would get 4g cause in my opinion for smart phone unlimited data is a must have

T-Mobile do unlimited data plans (truly unlimited), I currently have one and I use it to the max. Hopefully this will mean EE will also have unlimited plans on 4G.

irzero

Aug 2, 2012
I live on 12mb at home and a 50ms ping. Never a problem over wire.

When 4G can give me 50ms ping consistent then I might be interested for £15 a month. But I doubt that will ever happen.

I fail to see the point of 4G or the American obsession with paying 45$ per month for mobile data for just a couple of GB.

I'd rather have included unlimited 3g data for almost free from H3G and a reliable fibre network.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: buge boyo

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
so whats the point of us like me who is on orange/t mobile that will be upgraded to ee and cant use it... its just bs

That's exactly what I was thinking. EE said they will be making it very easy for existing customers to use the new 4GEE, but if they're not going to give us a 4G enabled phone, what's the point?

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
i feel shafted stuck with a 1 gig slow galaxy s3 that cant do lte

Rumor has it that the S3 is getting an update that will enable 4G. Somehow I don't see this being the case.

EDIT:

T-Mobile tweeted me saying existing customers can upgrade if they are outside their contract or they are upgrading to a higher price plan. My price plan is £36 a month, I don't think I'd be willing to go any higher.

Mithrandir007

Aug 25, 2007
Rixensart, Belgium
i feel shafted stuck with a 1 gig slow galaxy s3 that cant do lte

Even if there's a new version with 2Gb RAM and LTE, that doesn't mean the current S3 is slow all of a sudden.

Why would you feel shafted?
Would you have felt better if they had called it with another name than Galaxy S3?

When you buy a car and they release a newer model a few months later, do you feel like they should replace yours with the newer one as well?

You knew what you bought when you got the S3, there was no major hidden problem with the current S3, everything works as it should, and we all know there will be newer phones as months go by.. can't really expect the S3 to be the best phone for years :)

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Even if there's a new version with 2Gb RAM and LTE, that doesn't mean the current S3 is slow all of a sudden.

Why would you feel shafted?
Would you have felt better if they had called it with another name than Galaxy S3?

When you buy a car and they release a newer model a few months later, do you feel like they should replace yours with the newer one as well?

You knew what you bought when you got the S3, there was no major hidden problem with the current S3, everything works as it should, and we all know there will be newer phones as months go by.. can't really expect the S3 to be the best phone for years :)

I agree, although I think some people feel shafted at the fact Samsung never mentioned that there'd be an LTE version released a few months later, if like me se people knew this they could have waited to get that version instead. But it is what it is, and I agree with you about the S3 not suddenly becoming slow just because a 2GB version is becoming available, I'm happy with my S3, I just wish it had 4G.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not everybodys got bags of money to buy a new galaxy s3 lte Samsung shafted us all with 1 gig
    None of you were shafted... you all purchased a phone that had no LTE compatibility..... even if EE didn't run as a separate network but gave Orange the 4G bands your phone would still not be LTE capable.
    It will only be availible in 4 cities to start with then 16 in total after that. Will take a year or two to hit rural places and so on. It is just marketing to say they have it first when in fact only few people will be able to get the benefit of it. In two years it will be in full flow and then we will have many phones that can use 4G and the networks will of optimised it.
    I live on 12mb at home and a 50ms ping. Never a problem over wire.

When 4G can give me 50ms ping consistent then I might be interested for £15 a month. But I doubt that will ever happen.

I fail to see the point of 4G or the American obsession with paying 45$ per month for mobile data for just a couple of GB.

I'd rather have included unlimited 3g data for almost free from H3G and a reliable fibre network.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Its good to find I'm not the only one that thinks they have been shafted