5,598,820 Members 33,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Emergency Calls Only, With Strange Twists

Tip us?

NHNXDA
Old
(Last edited by NHNXDA; 24th December 2013 at 02:01 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Emergency Calls Only, With Strange Twists

I have read a fair bit over the last few days on this subject & tried various things to try & resolve, but to no avail.

Ok so its an international I9300, unlocked & was working perfectly ok.

We have Italian & uk sims, both tested fully working in other handsets including a 2nd S3 identical to this one.

I had philz touch recovery 6.04, googy kernel 1.79, using slimroms bean & kat at various releases, no issues swapping between roms or kernels, defaulting etc, all worked fine.

Until I installed the latest official rom from Samsung I9300XXUGMK6, to test.

It installed fine, all via odin, factory wiped, caches cleared etc all as per everyother time I have installed stock roms for testing purposes.

It worked ok with my UK sim, but the Italian sim didn't work roaming wise, so I thought ok its probably a minor glitch, lets do clearing of caches, factory wipe etc, no luck.

So thought ok lets just go back to slimroms & be done with it, again it appeared to work fine with the uk sim, but didn't roam with Italian, thought that's strange.

So did fresh clean installs again, swapped UK sim back to handset & found now this has an issue aswell.

The strange thing is, you can add apn, access net through network as it connects via hsdpa no problem (giffgaff, aka 02) & it shows the mobile number, network as 02 in the status page of "about phone" however also in that page under "Service Status" it shows Out Of Service, although it is within service as in connects to the network fine for data, but no calls can be made.

Now I know you will think its an EFS issue caused by the upgrade/downgrade using slimroms & your IMEI & Serials are wrong now, but they're not, they're actually perfectly as they were before, verified with the labels etc & slimroms uses the same EFS versions afaik, so this shouldn't be an issue (please do correct me if I'm wrong)

I have tried flashing different modems, reflashing stock roms, slimroms, wiping completely, formatting, cache clearing, rooting/removing, kernels, but it still says emergency calls only, no calls possible, but shows as connected as data works fine & signal bars show fine (which maybe just for sos use).

So I'm at a loss what to try next.

My last thing I would do is send into service point, but 1st wipe, clean stock rom, triangle away the markers so all official & hope no hidden knox shows any 0x1 status, as nothing shows Knox as installed tbh.

Any experienced advice would be much appreciated, TIA.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Return to full stock, restore efs backup and test before any app/data restore.

If still the same then hardware fault.

Questions go in the q&a forum, report your post and ask a moderator to move it.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NHNXDA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
That's the negative thing, no efs backup, slightly annoying, but I think it can be resolved somehow.

Is there no way to fix efs apart from restore?

NHNXDA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
That's the negative thing, no efs backup, slightly annoying, but I think it can be resolved somehow.

Is there no way to fix efs apart from restore?