5,606,297 Members 32,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Will Samsung lose you as a customer, if they decide NOT to release Exynos code?
Yes 1,104 85.45%
No 188 14.55%
Voters: 1292. You may not vote on this poll

FESM | Free Exynos Sources Movement

Tip us?
AntonLiv92 Old
(Last edited by AntonLiv92; 30th December 2012 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Angry FESM | Free Exynos Sources Movement

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all know how hard it is for developers as codeworkx, Entropy512, and XpLoDWilD to work on Exynos devices such as the I9300 Galaxy S III. The reason for this difficulty is the lack of proper sources & documentation for the Exynos SoC. What Samsung release is kernel source, and a few parts of the platform source that aren't actually modified or really critical. The goal of this thread is to convince Samsung to release the needed sources & documentation for the Exynos SoC!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeworkx View Post
Seems you got korea's attention because of the "flooding" the community is currently doing via opensource.samsung.com. twitter, facebook and so on. They contacted us and we told them again what the community wants to have.

You know that bad press for samsung is our most effective weapon to make things changing.
So if you want to make samsung to continue paying attention, you know what to do...
Fight till you got what you want to have.

Write a request asking Samsung to release the needed sources & documentation for Exynos devices:

It is also highly recommended to create inquiry in the OSRC:
http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...method=inquiry
Quote:
Requester: Enter your name.

ID (E-mail): Enter your email address.

Inquiry Type: Select "Request for Source Codes".

Model: Enter "Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III".

Dear Samsung,

A great device becomes GREAT only when software truly compliments the hardware. We, the development community, are striving very hard to achieve that objective. Many users of Samsung Galaxy S3 and other Exynos based devices want to make the phones released by Samsung truly inspirational and surpass any competition. This powerhouse will achieve its true potential only when the development community get the source documentation regarding the hardware components such as the resource libraries pertaining to the Exynos SoC and Mali GPU.

It not only benefits the end user but will also be highly beneficial for Samsung in the long run, as these customers will then get utmost satisfaction with their device and will then help in the word-of-mouth publicity of Samsung products.

A truly inspirational product is born when it inspires the masses and is able to mesmerize the entire world. With Samsung Galaxy S3, we are witnessing a paradigm shift in the mobile industry and need your little help in making this turning point even more monumental.

We hope we will not be disappointed by a customer centric company like yours.

Warm regards,
A true Samsung fan
Credit to zoot1 for the inquiry letter.

Hope it works!

And for all of you who claim that petitions don't work:
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-htc-amaze-4g/

Samsung's latest response:
The Following 188 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kroat999
Old
Thanks Meter 128
posted on all pages
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kroat999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nodstuff
Old
Thanks Meter 1730
It says we are a "loyal cliché of people"
I wouldn't post that anywhere as they will not take it seriously because it makes us look illiterate.

But besides that I agree with the idea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Read:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34&postcount=9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphead20 View Post
...life is too short to sit around throwing stones at a castle when the drawbridge is up
Rooting is a gateway drug and superuser is our dealer.

got-petrol
Old
Thanks Meter 160
why not ask them why i got 1 gig of ram in my galaxy s3
NEXUS 5
If I Don't See You Through the week, I'll See You Through The Window

DeadSOL
Old
Thanks Meter 1790
Sweeeeeeet. A lot of people are posting this!
Android devices owned: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, 8GB, Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, 16GB (Pebble Blue), Nexus 7 (2013), 32GB, Nexus 5, 32 GB

dark_polok
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Done. On all of them =D
The Following User Says Thank You to dark_polok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thebobp
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
and is now having a self-defeating affect and forcing these brilliant developers to lose faith in Android.
Please change this to "effect" very quickly.
My Color Control settings for the Galaxy Nexus.
The Following User Says Thank You to thebobp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
AntonLiv92 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobp View Post
Please change this to "effect" very quickly.

raphytaffy
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Great idea, but this should probably be rewritten until it sounds professional. If we're going to stick with this, then here are some changes that should be made.

Quote:
As you know, developers are the lifeblood of the Android ecosystem and are generally the people that are developing the most exciting and innovative applications for users.
No dashes needed.

Quote:
Samsung has generally been at the forefront of mobile/cellular phone innovation and has usually allowed access to this type of non-sensitive information, so other co-innovators can continue to develop for the wider community.
Quote:
We know you understand the size of the Android community, in fact you also use this community yourself to unofficially beta test your own internal updates and firmware versions, so please, repay the community by releasing this none-sensitive information.
No dash needed.

Quote:
The Samsung Android community are a loyal cliché of people.
Makes no sense.

Quote:
They don’t want to move away to devices by Sony, or HTC, but their openness is forcing everybody to rethink their loyalties.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to raphytaffy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
AntonLiv92 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphytaffy View Post
Great idea, but this should probably be rewritten until it sounds professional. If we're going to stick with this, then here are some changes that should be made.

No dashes needed.

No dash needed.

Makes no sense.
Thanks for the currections!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
campaign, do not abuse the tags, documentation, exynos, i9300, petition, samsung, sources
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe