5,596,637 Members 42,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX][ROOT][ICS ROMS] compiled "power_profile.xml" file to fix cell stand by issue

Tip us?

bala_gamer
Old
(Last edited by bala_gamer; 20th December 2012 at 11:20 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6509

DONATE TO ME
Default [FIX][ROOT][ICS ROMS] compiled "power_profile.xml" file to fix cell stand by issue

Only for Samsung ICS roms, this bug is fixed by samsung in JB

This We know that almost all samsung roms as of now has "cell standby" battery drain. But its understood that its a miscalculation of power used rather than the actual power usage.

A big thanks to Anderilux here and here for finding this thing .

This mod will fix the wrong reporting of "cell stand by "usage to some extent. If your mobile has actual drain due to signal issues or some other issues do not blame me or any other for not fixing this.

What is changed ?

The power drain value in power_profile.xml is changed to 3.4 mA(approx value) from 34mA(which is practically impossible).

Attaching the compiled power_profile.xml file along with this post.This saves your time of decompile/recompile framework-res.apk. All you have to do is open your framework-res , modify the apk with 7zip or winrar.

How to?

1.Open you framework-res.apk file via 7zip or winrar.
2.Navigate to "framework-res\res\xml".
3.Delete the existing "power_profile.xml" file and add the attached one here.
4.Now pull back the framework-res.apk back to your mobile
5.Restart your mobile.

Or you can simply flash the below cwm zip, thanks to @ ausdim for packing this
http://www.mediafire.com/?x7lhcpjjr9pg4mb

Now you wont see "cell standby" topping your battery usage list.

verified the power_profile of many roms ,its actually same. so this should work with almost all roms Lets hope samsung would fix it in their future rom releases

Download the xml file here

Here is the reference decompiled xml file for the purpose of learning.

before changing xml

after changing xml
DEVICE : 9505 LTE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : STOCK NC6 || KERNEL : STOCK || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : GO || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73
The Following 128 Users Say Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tangcla
Old
Thanks Meter 186
So what you're saying is, the high cell standby value report in the battery settings is not actually correct or 'real'?

Plexicle
Old
Thanks Meter 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
So what you're saying is, the high cell standby value report in the battery settings is not actually correct or 'real'?
That seems to be the consensus, yes.

Plexicle
Software Developer

LG/Google Nexus 4 16GB
Sammy/Google Nexus 10 32GB
Awaiting release of... ASUS/Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB LTE

bala_gamer
Old
Thanks Meter 6509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
yes, the reference power value used for calculating "cell standby" power drain is incorrect.
DEVICE : 9505 LTE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : STOCK NC6 || KERNEL : STOCK || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : GO || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

The Following User Says Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7408
Yes I did this yesterday and everything makes more sense now. I set to 3 though, not 3.4

I'm slightly surprised this works with swapping the xml. That didn't work for me. I had to recompile. Reboots fine?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

ausdim
Old
(Last edited by ausdim; 26th June 2012 at 07:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2003

DONATE TO ME
I make a simple zip to install it with CWM.

It will replace the file inside the framework-res.apk and it will work with any rom.

Thank's goes to Walhalla for the zip file.

And also to bala_gamer and Anderilux for the fixed file.

It is also backup your curent framework-res.apk to /extSdCard/mode-backup.

Thank's
Attached Files
File Type: zip cell_stand by_Fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (510.1 KB, 4159 views)
.: If you like what i do or what i offer please click the "Thanks" button or make a small donate to me :.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to ausdim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bala_gamer
Old
Thanks Meter 6509

DONATE TO ME
@rootSu

The XML file attached above is already compiled along with framework, so no need to recompile again.

The Following User Says Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7408
Yes that's what I tried

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

eitama
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Installed, It is working but now it means I can't blame cell standby anymore for battery problems... Who shell I blame now???

Thanks guys!
LG G2 - D802 32GB Black @ Stock KitKat + Root
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bala_gamer
Old
Thanks Meter 6509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdim View Post
I make a simple zip to install it with CWM.

It will replace the file inside the framework-res.apk and it will work with any rom.

Thank's goes to Walhalla for the zip file.

And also to bala_gamer and Anderilux for the fixed file.
Thanks , should have made one myself.will attach the zip file to the op

《tapatalked from galaxy s3》