[Q]What folder is responsible for...

OP UD3R

5th January 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Well the question is will it help if I back up the EFS(or how ever that folder that holds the IMEI and the network settings called) can I use it later to fix any issues of that sort if I ever encounter those?

The reason I am asking this question is due to the fact I f***ed my GT-I9300 up. I wanted to install a custom rom, installed PhilZ Touch Recovery. The recovery failed to wipe the data properly 3 times(*DERP* probably is the cause to the issue). After installing the rom(tried several roms!) every thing seemed to work properly except the cellular network, the phone recognized the SIM and found the network but didn't connect and showed Network: Unknown. I tried using a APN, didn't help, tried a friends SIM to check if it was the SIM same result. Reverted to full factory stock and still the same, after the revert to full stock I sent the phone to warranty repair.

P.S.
Has anyone had an issue like this or something similar with their GT-I9300?
5th January 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 709

3,204 posts
All this and more answered in the sticky thread of this forum, efs backup is the most important step -as you will find if you read the guides.

Network unknown is asked several times a day, hence why this thread will probably be locked.
6th January 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

All this and more answered in the sticky thread of this forum, efs backup is the most important step -as you will find if you read the guides.

Network unknown is asked several times a day, hence why this thread will probably be locked.

I asked if backing the EFS folder helps, not about "Network: Unknown" issue I just explained what I got.

Anyway thanks for the answer
Last edited by UD3R; 6th January 2014 at 06:35 AM.
7th January 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 187

1,075 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UD3R

I asked if backing the EFS folder helps, not about "Network: Unknown" issue I just explained what I got.

Anyway thanks for the answer

He told u backing up the efs folder is the most important part before flashing anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread